Got a question about installing games to an external drive

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As the topic implies, I've got an external HDD that's actually a little better than my 5400rpm 20gb internal. The external is 7200rpm and is connected by 1394 firewire port.

(Now, when I go in to view the External, I have some custom icons set for the folders which invariably take a sec or two to load, whereas they used to be instantaneous. Maybe I changed a setting somehow; one way or another I'm not sure. Probably irrelevant, but thought I should mention it)

Here's my question, ridiculous as it sounds. I want to try and install some games to this drive so that I can keep my onboard drive cleaner. As it is I only have 6 gigs left (cause of all the games) but I still play them all, all the time, so I don't want to just uninstall.

Has anyone ever tried this before? My model's a Maxtor Onetouch, if it matters. I assume it might not work any differently...I edit photoshop files, webpage files, and office docs that reside on that drive constantly with no noticable differences.

Just wanted to see if anyone else around here has looked into this sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom