Is ESF about SKill or DBZ!?!

Discord Member
Best answers
There are two points of view really, people who think the skill of basic and adv melle is the point of esf, the focus, what its all about. and there are thouse that think that chunky beams is whats important. I guess that there are really three points of view. I am a DBZ Fan, to be honest I try to play Esf Like the anime. I use a healthy mix of Melle and Beam, each for different occasions. I was in leet ( **** the leet spelling ) game recently, a guy came in and killed of a few of us with kame..... instanly "beam spamer n00b" was shouted. One god dam beam and your a spammer? its gotten to the point when I feal bad, gulty, firing of a final flash at a groop of fighters. What the hell else is it for ? ESF Is primerally about dragon ball Z, and I think the focus of the mod, or at least how people play it is deffinatly drifting away from the feal of the anime. Please , I would be happy to hear your opinions ( in a sensible, polite, and coherant manner )...... AM I alone in this ? or do people just want to leet at melle tooo much....

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF cannot be entirely accurate to the anime. If it were, it would be so unbalanced, Buu would be invincible to practically everyone. So it all has to be balanced so people can enjoy it without it being unfair.
You will always run into people who find something to complain about. So you shouldnt have to feel bad for fragging people with a particular attack and having them whine about it, thats what youre supposed to do. If someone chooses to be all beams, all melee or mixing it up then so be it. Thast just the say some people play.

Best answers
Yeah I agree with your point of view as well. Im pretty good in melee and I do get that same feeling when I have an opportunity to blast someone to crap or a group of people... I like playing the game just like Dragonball Z but as soon as I blast I am an instant qualified spammer fresh off the press. So I would have to agree with you totally that the game needs to drift a little back to DBZ.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That attack may have been done by me.. I final flashed a bunch of people today, they just laughed and said "Wow, that really WAS final flash =D". Naturally, I gained my pl by meleeing, so don't think of me as a beam spammer =)

If someone chooses to beam a few times, that's their own buisness, but if you beam like 4 times, then you're on a limit =/

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to learn to ignore people like that. If they want to complain that you killed them, then let them. You don't need to justify your actions in a game. If someone is whining that I'm a spammer (spammer of whatever) I tell them to try and stop me. Generally they're noobs and are they complain because they suck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to compare ESF to DBZ and people *****ing about beamspam and interupting look at it this way.

In DBZ it was always a one on one fight. Rarely was there a beam fired at two people already fighting. Signature beams were always used with intent to be finishing moves during a fight already in progress (obviously for the most part they weren't lethal). Melee whether you like it or not was used far more than beams in DBZ. Characters that were low in PL stood no chance whatsoever against a stronger opponent.

Okay, so now that we know what DBZ is like let's look at ESF.

In ESF you find people ganging up on other people, firing beams into crowds, *****ing and moaning about what ever you fancy. Melee is used the majority of the time by the skilled players, while those that can't sit back and try to pick people off with beamspam, usualy the same people that make their own server and kill bots for an hour so they can nuke the map. It's very common to find a player only doing well with a transed character, or a high PL (Mystic Krillin is annoying, as well as beamspam). A skilled player that has just joined a server can still do well against a player with a ridiculously higher PL.

So no, ESF is not like DBZ. It's an online game about balance and talent, for the most part.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think its pretty balanced ost of the times, in th show, its a lot of melee, and beams here and there. ESF is like this because of advanced and basic melee combos, and a generic beam/ball or ki blast in between, like the show. When the players get bored, they do power struggles, or if they're is a beam spammer, a player might choose to mess with him with beams.

Pretty good resemblance to me.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
imo, esf != dbz
esf is just esf.
and for the style of playing .. personally i mainly use basic melee, simply because its the best way to fight more then one opponent at a time. but i also use adv melee and beams ... i'd say im using a healthy mix out of everything
sure, firing a beam into a mob of like 3-4 peoples is kinda fun, but beams shouldnt be abused imo ... if someone is using only beams for a few minutes and only melee to defend himself when he gets attacked i concider it as lame. such ppl get warned and then kicked from my server.

Best answers
The first round at esf was all about dbz, later on about start of 1.1/end of 1.0 you got better and better etc, you forgot all about the dbz stuff and moved on to skills, which you once were in need of to survive.

So yeah it's dragonballZ for the newcomers, skills for the ones who choose to see beyond that.

Best answers
Hmmmmmm I play 98% of the time vegeta.... Until ssj i use lots of melle... unless needed to beem.....

When i get ssj.... Hey why soudent i use final flash or big bang.... more..? I worked long and hard to get ssj...

Ofcorse this dosent mean i just beam spawn after ssj it just i start using beams more fricuently....

And this anyoing thig.... A noob comes to your server... And i beat him up ... And he says... It only becous you have big pl.... I say no... He says prove it.... So i go down to base pl and kick his little ass... After that he leaves.....

Next day samething hapens.. I say i proved many ... that its not only pl.... But in the end i went to base pl and kick his ass again to prove my point....

next next next next next day...... Same thing... i sayd **** YOU!!!! chraged ff and blasted him... He sayd omfg.... You just a noob that has high pl and beams everybody....

So yeah.. Noobs are anyoing... Pros are chalengins.. But they dont use blance of everyting... They just use anything that is best in this situatsion.....

So ... esf is either anyoing noobs... Bored pros(like me) That go crayzy and start to ps or play with SB
Or pros.. That use only basic melle only adv melle only beams... (At surtaint point...)

Any way 1 on 1 is funy.... But its hard to come across... :(

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People who say your a beam spammer are n00blars....

I mean, why the hell else do they implent them in the game... just ignore them.. i do that to.

Hell i was playing a few montsh ago, and i was meleeing with some guy, he did very well, but then i did beam jump :O and released the beam and in mid-air i charged up a kamehameha.... and HAAA and the guy was reduced to some red smear..... lol...

He was dead, and i was a f*cking beamspammer... at least in his opinion...

If they say that again, just shoot more beams to bug them. =P

Best answers
the way i play is almost only melee in the beginning to get a decent powerlevel (about 25% more of when you can transform so for vegeta i go to about 2.5 million ) and then i play almost only beams (melee when someone thinks he can call me a beamspammer and then i kick his ass ;) )

i mean.. whats wrong with beams ?
you can say "melee spammer" too !
if people ONLY fight melee and they constantly kick you around the map then you'll feel bad as well.

so whats the diference ? melee spam / beam spam ?

it's a GAME!

so.. the game is about skills of course. but the skills you use are the skills from dbz.
so this game is about skilled dbz play ;)

*edit*
i just played about an hour (last time was about 4 months ago) and i was nr.1 of the server ! *yay* :p
people calling me beamspammer.. bleh. i looked them up and meleed them until they'd started saying "**** off meleer gimme some space to fight"

so i started using beams again and i was a beamspammer again.. some people just cant make up their mind :laff:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
okay, so first of all, you are playing a game, that presents options, you're given most of the things you can do in the dbz universe, how you use them is up to you. Personally, in both dbz world, and computer game world, i think using whatever you can for the correct situation is the best way to play, and also makes it more like dbz. If people insist one person should not use beams all the time, or not use melee all the time, they are both wrong, i think you should be trying to use both wen you can, but how u wanna play is up to you. It comes down to, who makes the most of the situation, in the anime and the game.

Play how u want, i intend to do the same.

Best answers
I think someone who spends ALL their time using scatter beam with Krillin is lame, but if I was looking and they and a good chance of more than one kill, and they shot say a Finishing Buster, I wouldn't mind. But as I said people who just scatter beam and spirit bomb can get annoying.

Best answers
ignore the n00bs who call you a beam spamming n00b.. but if you were in a server with me , I'd have slaughtered you and be the first one transformed.. so I'd be spamming everyone along with melee..I usually don't experience beam spammer n00b... since I can kick most everyone's butt with melee in the first place..Oh well..I guess you won't have to feel bad if you used melee after they call you spammer to make them shut up.. them go back to spamming the crap out of them.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We always have and always will say that it's about a balance. Gameplay comes first, then truth to the show.

Best answers
Its very simple.
If someone is Beam spamming you. Just beam at him back.
not much more than that. once he gets beam spammed much he will stop.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
GoD's Fighter - Your attitude , dont act like youre some pro or something.
Youre "Showing off" in every message.
Cut that **** off.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-Kai- said:
Its very simple.
If someone is Beam spamming you. Just beam at him back.
not much more than that. once he gets beam spammed much he will stop.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Cut that **** off.
[sarcasm] best advice ever!!! i will use that!!! omg omg!![/sarcasm]

Hmmm ballanced... when i see how ESF 1.3 is going to be its going to be pretty unballanced... but then again, i don't even know what the buddy system is... so i gues we just have to wait and see.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-Kai- said:
Cut that **** off.
The guy uses an aimbot and he sucks even with the aimbot, I can't see why hes bragging.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jp said:
People who say your a beam spammer are n00blars....

I mean, why the hell else do they implent them in the game... just ignore them.. i do that to.

Hell i was playing a few montsh ago, and i was meleeing with some guy, he did very well, but then i did beam jump :O and released the beam and in mid-air i charged up a kamehameha.... and HAAA and the guy was reduced to some red smear..... lol...

He was dead, and i was a f*cking beamspammer... at least in his opinion...

If they say that again, just shoot more beams to bug them. =P

Your ordeal has inpired a movice idea for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom