The ATI 9250

Best answers
Hey, does anyone know of any good PCI graphics cards? It has to be PCI because thats all that my computer can take (no AGP slots, duh.), the best one i found is the ATI 9250 PCI cardfor around $100 and it has 256 mb of ram ( i think its a really good deal). If anyone has that card, please tell me how you like it and if anyone found a card for a lower price and at least 256mb of onboard ram please tell me the site and everything or just hyperlink it.

Best answers
It would be a lot more cost effective to grab a cheap AMD board with AGP 8x for 50 bucks, then grab a 2500+ for 80, then you can just eventually get an AGP card when you have the money.

And, go with newegg.com, Tiger is washed up.

Best answers
Yeah but I just got my computer in November (2004) and its still under warranty until Febuary 2006 and i dont want to get rid of my motherboard and my processor which would void my warranty. Besides i dont know how to do half that stuff.

Best answers
99 times out of 100, if you open your computer using a Dell, Gateway, or any of those kinds of home brands, you automaticly void your warrenty.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PCI is going to have you limited in so many ways it's not funny. When I first put together my computer, I was worrying because I was getting such crap fps in doom 3 and pretty much all my other games. It was because my GFX card was running in PCI mode from lack of drivers. When I installed the drivers, I literally saw a 2-3x times improvement across the board. Go AGP/PCI-E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom