OMG!!!! It still won't install!!!!!!!!!!

Best answers
Ok iv'e tried eveerything from installing the halflife update, to having steam and it still won't install i click on esf and it gives me options mp3, japense i take out all the options and click on esf hoping that it would light up green so that i can press ok to install and guess what......
it still won't install
plzz need assitance!!!!!!!!!! O_O
peace!

also it says esf installs required files space requried is 229.6mb
and the space i have is 23.4gb plzz need help on how to atleast install
peace!!!!!
One more thing i can install mp3, japense voices, put it to desktop but the only thing i can't install that right you guessed it esf!!!!!!!!!!! any help would be really aprreciated.
peace

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Install Steam
2) use steam to download Half-life
( Start steam > Play games menu > Click Half-life )
3) After the download is finished start Half-life once so steam unpacks all the files
4) Run the ESF installer

If you follow these 4 simple steps... you can't fail
if you fail you ****ed up and we can't help you anymore :(

peace man o/

Best answers
how can i use steam to download half life??
thanks for the advice peace
also under my steam account under games it says half life source does that mean it is installed in my steam account??
thanks agian for any advice
peace!!!!!1

Best answers
Let me start from the begning so bare with me ok i purcchased half life the day before from game spot
i then inserted the disk in my comp then after the hl screen came up and told me to insert cdkey into half life game and so i did then after wards i played traing then after that i downloaded esf.

I then proceed to go into steam i click games and it says half life source i double click on it and brings me to purchase hl pack ( mind you the cdkey that i have steam says is duplicated)

anyway to continue i downloaded esf 1.2.3 full then afterwards i click into the esf folder and it says click to install i click mp3 and the others and the one that i can't click to activate turn green check, is esf it won't install
and last how do i put esf in the same directory as steam or half life

i apoogize for being such a pest on the newb board but really i am a big dbz fan and if all else fails shoudl i pruchase anothor half life game then put that cdkey with steam will that work all assistance for my huge problem will be appreciated
ps happy new years!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peace!!!

Best answers
yeah u have half-life 1 and not Half-Life Source or? ESF only work on Half-life 1. and the install button only appears if u started Half-Life once so that steam can create the necessary folders

Best answers
yes i do i have half life 1 and half life source is with steam but esf wil not install it keeps telling me it need neccasry files to install i go into my steam account and i go to games it says halflife source and i click it it is highlighted but not installed butwhen i click on half life source nothing really happens and i really can't figure it out more help would be appreciated
peace!!!!!!!

Best answers
seems like u are using the halflife from halflife2. u cant run the halflife from halflife2 for esf u gotta use the original halflife

Best answers
huh ok let me try explaing it diffrently i have steam and i have halflife source under my games on my steam account it says

games
Counterstrike: Source
Half Life 2
Half Life: Source
half life source is highlighted but when i click it brings me to half life package

it seems that either i have bad luck or i don't know how to install esf properly on steam
or i just won't be able to play esf
i read other posts about their esf problems hoping tha someone would have a similar problem but that doesn't seem to be the case it seems as if i will never be able to play the great esf dbz online game i can't play it on steam, i can't even install esf on my comp my cdkey that i purchase from game spot got dupllicated it seems that i have a black cat following me around i thank all for your advice and if you have anymore on how to help my problem please post
thanks again
peace!!!
hopefully hope for me to play esf will not be lost

Best answers
Okay, I see some problems.
1) I didn't think ESF worked on HalfLife: Source.
2) you need the old HalfLife...I mean OLD halflife. First one that ever came out Halflife, not the new one that just came out a month or two ago.
If Steam takes you to the half life package thing then you still need to register the game if you haven't already. Try again anyway if you have.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
correct.

and if your cdkey is duplicated then you'll have to either get a new one or speak to valve/sierra.

Nothing we can do about that.

Best answers
what do you mean the old half life the half life i have is half life game of the year edition the 1998 one how can their be a older version thank you for the assitance so far peace aka darkblade

Best answers
IT still won't install i am dark blade but iam under a difftent name my name from now on is cold eyes still need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peace!!!!!!11

Best answers
i am dark blade aka cold eyes still need assistance on how to install esf ok here we go

i double click on esf it gives me 4 options mp3, japnese voices, and short cut to esf and esf install
when i try to activate it it doesn't light up but all the other options do i must know hwo to install
activate = green check is on that means i can play those options
non activate = that it won't activate and the one that won't activate is esf!!!!
much assistance will be appreciated
peace!!!!!!

Best answers
From what your posts say, your clicking on the wrong thing. Try clicking on Half Life not Half Life Source.

Maybe you need to download ESF again? Then try it again.

Best answers
I thought there was a rule about making more than 1 user name? Maybe thats a different forum. Anywho why not try this instead. uninstall everything. Then reinstall Half Life. Then install ESF. After all that try installing your other games like Half Life2 and source. Before you install HalfLife2 make sure ESF works. If it doesn't then get back to us. If we still can't help you...then maybe you have a friend who does have ESF along with HalfLife2 and Source. Get them to help you out as its much easier in person than it is reading text.

Best answers
i don't have half life 2 but i will try your suggesting supersayian Neo thanks
peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look you are doing it all wrong.
From what ive read all you did is installed HL and are runing it off WONinstead of STEAM.

In the play games menu you have all versions of HL and Valve suported mods so the HL: Source there is just a shortcut to buying it.

Now you should open browse games. In the bottom left corner you have a button that says "Register a game i already own".
Click on it.

Then STEAM will ask you to enter your HL CD-key.

After you enterd the CD-key you have to press Next and STEAM will enter the key to your account or it will tell you it is already in use (that means someone got luckey whit a CD-key generator and youll have to sort it out whit Valve).

After sucsessfull confirmation of you CD-key STEAM will ask you wich mods do you want in your play games menu (only the Valve suported mods will be available there but dont worey about it).

After that wait untill HL gets updated to offline version (or your ping will be higher than wanted). To do that you have STEAM monitor wich shows you the percents of completion.

When it reaches 100% you launch HL onceso STEAM makes the filesyou nead for the 3rd party mods.Then quit HL and install ESF, wich should go normaly now.

Post back in here if this works. OK

Best answers
Cold Eyes said:
i don't have half life 2 but i will try your suggesting supersayian Neo thanks
peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really? but you have HalfLife source no? I thought HalfLife 2 came with Source. Maybe I'm mistaken. I don't have HL2 yet either. You know what might help is a screen shot, if you are still having problems. Those help out nice. Just a suggestion. Don't have to do it if you don't want to.

Best answers
I got esf working and man absolutley amazin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for everyones support and help!!!!!
peace see you in the game my in game name is chaos

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom