Newest Version of ESF that can be used with the old pre Steam half life

TREX
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Would the latest version be 1.2, 1.2.1, or 1.2.2 or 1.2.3? Which will work? I know deifinetly 1.2 would work but if possible I would like to have the improvements in the later versions. Can they run on non steam half life? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Best answers
1.2.3b is the newest version. u can use it on the old half-life platform but with bugs and with some features which doesnt work. and u cant play online

TREX
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yes, I am just trying to play on the local network just on my home computers with my brother. But most likely it would be that 1.2 is the latest version that can be played without problems or bugs? Or perhpas I can get away with a later one.

Best answers
DragonDude said:
Not online, they can't.
ESF1.2 can be install to "old half-life = WON"

Yes the new version of esf does work on Half-Life none steam
i dont know if esf1.3 will do the same.. i hop it does...
But esf1.2 does work on old half-life WON for lan game... i had it
i not sure if the esf1.2.3 works to.. i guess it does.....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes, but it cannot be played online.

TREX
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So what youre saying is that the newest version of esf (1.2.3) will work on pre steam half life for a lan game without too many problems?

Best answers
only that the mp3 player doesnt work. the trees look ugly etc... but thats all and u dont have the 24bit textures

TREX
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok thanks for all your help, I appreciate it very much. Since 1.2 is the latest version designed to work with the old half life, I may just stick with it, because you cannot uninstall the updates, and if I install them, and it gets all screwed up, I will have to remove them and start all over again. But then again, if it is just the trees that look screwed up, and I dont listen to the mp3 player anyway and as long as I can still see around ok inside the game, as 24 bit textures matter little, 16 bit is just fine. If all of this is true then I may just use 1.2.3 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom