Teleport System esf1.1 / esf1.2

Best answers
Have any one thought about that in esf1.1 was the teleport system faster.. you could teleport faster in esf1.1 then you can now in esf1.2...
maybe teleport take more resources then before.. cuz...
we where 4 players had peace.. and i was vegeta...
I loaded a big bang.. and on the same time i fired it in the other players i teleported backward... then games crash..

and other think...
we were 4 players.. some times we did free fight some times we stested some think.... i was buu had about 10mil pl.. then i told the other if they wanted to see how much pl i got if i transformed... they stod around me and i began transform... then transform was finish game crashed.. just then it should change model to evil buu... its crashed.. was about to change my pl i could see... it was on 10mil before crash and 15mil when its crashed... last time i trans ass buu at 10mill i got 19mill and 24 with arua.... as you could see in a pic in this topic http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=51337
ts the 1 with cell, he had 15mil pl :tired:

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Teleporting with a high speed can be anoying after a while...

Best answers
i dont think it is.... teleportsystem are to slow as it is now..

Force Pit Member
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I belive I read they will not put the teleporting system to how it was due to people like me that like to bind keys. =)

Best answers
Demize said:
I belive I read they will not put the teleporting system to how it was due to people like me that like to bind keys. =)
I binded my R to teleport.. but default are G

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What i mean with anoying, is that you can't hit your oponent anymore, since he is teleporting like crazy... then recharge, then again teleporting like crazy and etc...

It WOULD be anoying,

Best answers
jp said:
What i mean with anoying, is that you can't hit your oponent anymore, since he is teleporting like crazy... then recharge, then again teleporting like crazy and etc...

It WOULD be anoying,
Yeah i got your point... i hate that to :smile:
Kill fire with fire !
use teleport to :laff:

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tele-delay was put in because people would bind teleport to their mouse wheel or use a script and be able to cross the map in incredible time. The team never intended for teleport to work this way, and thus put a delay in.

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Tele-delay was put in because people would bind teleport to their mouse wheel or use a script and be able to cross the map in incredible time. The team never intended for teleport to work this way, and thus put a delay in.
hmm.. yeah sound like a good reason....

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys do realize that there are much better ways to deal with scripts / binds, right? Nateral Selection implemented something that blocks all scripts / binds. You could hard code in that your not allowed to bind teleport to scroll up or scroll down. Or you could make the first teleport you do have no delay, but all teleports after that within the time of the delay should have a delay (that one makes sense, but its confusing the way I said it). You could have a cvar that enables / disables the teleport delay. Thats just off the top of my head. The teleport delay sucks having it ingame, it takes away from the pace of the mod, regardless if you use binds or not.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A cvar would probably be the best way to go (although i doubt a lot of people who use it =/). I also like the part about the first tele not having the delay.

Force Pit Member
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
When I said I binded my teleport I wasent talking about binding it to a new key which I would but I would make that 1 key count as 6 teleports taking me to the other end of the level.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why is this in help?

Do you need help with anything 009?

Best answers
should it be in bug report ?
esf chat ?

Well.. i thought if i could get help to change the teleport system... but i dont want that any more...

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We made it a tad slower on purpose. Nuff Said.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i cant complain enough about the times ive teleported away, and somehow got hit.... =\ tele delay doesnt need to be there, it was fine in 1.1, and like Hybrid said there are other ways to deal with scripts...

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i dont really mind the teleport delay ... but whats so bad about using mwheelup to teleport!? .. i NEVER used the keyboard to teleport ... :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tele delay is what keeps people from just doing that key binding thing. It cant be removed, but perhaps shortened, especially once youve ascended. Otherwise, with all the added transformations, it will just be faster to swoop.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Tele delay is what keeps people from just doing that key binding thing. It cant be removed, but perhaps shortened, especially once youve ascended. Otherwise, with all the added transformations, it will just be faster to swoop.
It can be taken out in place of better ideas. Shortening it won't do anything, I'd rather they just hard code it in that your not allowed to bind more then one teleport per key. I don't know how hard that would be to code in, but it would make everyone happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom