My first half-baked sig attempt

Best answers
Ok, I know it sucks. But considering this is my VERY FIRST ATTEMPT at an artistic signature, and considering I have absolutely no artistic talent in the first place... what do ya think? Does anyone think they could do me an even sexier sig? Cuz if so, I'd very much appreciate the mercy

Edit: Oh and yeah, the font is SUPPOSED to be obscured

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
even if it is supposed to be obscured, I don't see the point in hiding the font like that :)

That is a good sig for your first attempt, keep at it and you could become a pro :)

Best answers
Nah, I'm good.

Think of the obscurity in the sense of a visual whisper and you might be able to understand my reasoning behind it.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not bad. But, flow is a definate issue here.

The way the red blob around the wolf, suddenly is curved inward and cut off, is a real eye sore. The border could also be a lot less "obscured" and better connected to the wolf's coincidental aura. I almost believe this sig would have looked better being monotone, i.e. throwing a solid dark red layer over it, and selectiing the overlay layer filter, or you could have taken the time to cut the wolf out better, so that all that red around him was but an outlining trace, or you could have designed the red to resemble dripping or splattered blood.

You'll find that photoshop, in the end, is all about trial and error, experimentation, and recognizing patterns.

4/10

Best answers
.. F-f-foh-toh sh-aawwp?

What is this Fohtohshawp?
I have no clue, I used Corel Photo Paint ^_^;;

The border was just a floodfilled texture. And the original picture had the red aura, and I thought it would be eviler and more.. I dunno, contrasting, I guess?

I seriously had only 2 tools: cut and paste

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh... I suggest using Adobe Photoshop, if you want to take your sigs to the next level.

Best answers
I don't wanna take my sigs to the next level. I'm just a poor southern boy with no friggin art skill whatsoever.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, I'm from the South too. (Atlanta)

I believe it took some artskill to even make this sig, a sig that only requires minor tweaks to be highly respectable.

Best answers
Ok, I tried to blend the edges of the border with the Wolf's aura and make it look a bit more natural like... And then I tried to turn everything red, like you suggested

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that looks better - it's pretty good! :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the one that is all in red.

Best answers
Is t3h changed.. Thanks for the crits (you guys rock, y'know)

Anything else?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't have any artistic skill either, but I got pretty good with photoshop, so that's not a good excuse. You should try it. Especially since when you start you, you just type numbers and photoshop does all the work. But anyways, The sig, like orion said, the typo is bad, "Obey the moon" I think that's kinda corny.. It's pretty good for a first otherwise, maybe you should work on cropping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom