video capture troubles

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i recently purchased a video capture device, i run av cables to it and connect it to my pc via usb,

now if i select the VCD format, (im given the options of vcd, svcd, or dvd) it says its mpeg1 video, and i can do wih tha what i want, but its at a low resolution (320x240), i can up that resolution if i select svcd or dvd, which saves it as mpeg2,

i can open that and play it in windows media player just fine, but its file size is huge, encoding it is where the problem comes in

now with the mpeg1 with the low resolution i can open them in moviemaker, or varios other things like that

when i attempt to open it with tmpgenc,it says its unsupported, when i try to open it with virtual dub it says theres no video frames, (yet i can open it in wmp and see it just fine), when i open it inmovie maker i can see the video in the prevoew box but it only saves the audio when i click save movie

this leads me to belive that none of these programs are suited to read mpeg2 video, but i really NEED to convert this to another filetype, how can i get around it, (with freeware programs if possible)

Best answers
get asus digital vcr, not sure if it works non asus mobos (not sure it has anything to do with their products) but i use that to play my ps2 games and such and it captures video in mpeg format, but i get an error when trying to open it in windows movie maker anymore but it used to work for me but meh give it a wirl just search google, its freeware

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom