Naruto Dissappointment (116-117) *NO MANGA SPOILERS*

Best answers
Is it just me? Or is Naruto getting progressively worse? For 30 minutes of the 40 minutes special, I watched that tard spider guy narrate everything over and over again. I'm tired of sitting and watching someone talk to themself explaining how they just pulled off a move for 10 minutes of a 20 minute episode. Honestly, I'm getting hardcore DBZ Frieza Saga flashbacks here. *flashback* power up, get knocked down, *flashback* power up, get knocked down, etc.

Near the end of the episode I found myself about screaming, "JUST SHOOT THE ****ING ARROW!" Neji and Chouji should both be dead, but I'm sure they'll somehow find a way to come back.

I mean come on, you can't even use the whole 'trying to fill time compared to the mangas' as an excuse, I would have rather gone with more FLASHBACKS than hearing Mr. Spider explain Neji's blindspot over five times. I've heard things get a lot better, but I'm not a manga fan, so I'll just have to wait. If this keeps up though, I'm done.

That's my rant, no manga spoilers here kthnx.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I thought that Naruto was passed this... becuase this happened a lot in the beggining of the series, and it seemed to just fade away. However, it's been coming back, they're overexplaining everything that happens. It gets extremely annoying, and I completley agree with you, almost anything would be better to fill time if that was the excuse. I;ll be even more dissapointed if they somehow come back to life.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought 116/117 was good, personally. I consider the flashbacks to be nothing more than filler, really. They try to slow down the actual fight by beefing it up--DBZ had it's own methods, and Naruto's is pointless background information. How do you know it's pointless? Well, some is informative, when it's about the main characters or side characters.

But showing background information on characters whom you'll never see again, such as the sound trio, doesn't really add to the story, in my opinion. The 'explaining' thing that you're talking about is an unfortunate 'necessity.' It's also part of the shinobi in that world not only battling over strength, but use of tactics and "counter-tactics" as well. *shrug* While I don't think it's the best way to deal with explaining, I think it's better than the original episodes explanations, where you'd have a super-deformed ("chibi") version of the character explain things, like when they were explaining kawarimi and kage bunshin, or Sakura's idiotic explanations about how chakra works--but hey, you gotta give her SOME lines, right? =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked the episode overall too, and the flashbacks aren't that bad either. The overexplaining does piss me off though. I'm fairly confident that most people have a general idea of what's going on, and don't need the exact explanation to why he has to fight him from long range. I'll agree with you though, that explanation of chakra was pretty harsh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It could've been better yeah, but it wasn't terrible, and I still wanna find out what happens. And as Alea said, part of the whole ninja vs. ninja thing is tactics and strategy. Maybe they drilled it in a little much there but it's nothing I'll drop watching the series for.

Best answers
DPredator said:
One simple solution to the problem; Fast Forward
Sad thing is, I actually did do that, for the first time ever, I was fast-forwarding through a Naruto episode.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My Naruto special was corrupt.. and I couldnt watch it.. But from the post's of this thread and reading the manga a while back I might not watch it...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Naruto mangas got the better action sequences, but the anime has more emotion to it.

Best answers
solidus said:
Naruto mangas got the better action sequences, but the anime has more emotion to it.
very true,
hmm my opinion flashbacks are oke sometimes and beautifull with emotions...be explinations with attacks and stuff i mean C'MON !!!
well the chidori and the naruto hand palm attack yeah they are special and need eplinations, but the blind spot of neji...who care's ? and who cares how hard spider-bish shoots the arrow like 10 % then 120 %...who cares, the anime isnt going faster by it -_-

tassadar i second you ! :yes:

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um, his describing how hard he was shooting the arrow wasn't part of the "explaining his tactics."

Do you even know what the hell you're talking about?

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Um, his describing how hard he was shooting the arrow wasn't part of the "explaining his tactics."

Do you even know what the hell you're talking about?
yup do you ? i was pointing to a example, wich i think is useless in the anime

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Valeska said:
yup do you ? i was pointing to a example, wich i think is useless in the anime
Yup, do you? No.

The character saying how much effort past normal he's putting into his shot, doesn't "slow down" the story. It's part OF the story.

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked the episode, I was dissappointed that in 40 mins only one battle was waged, but I still like Naruto and will continur to watch it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i stopped watching the anime long ago, and i stopped reading the manga soon after..... the i noticed this stuff all the way through the naruto anime, 30% of every episode is people standing around looking shocked and rexplaining the same thing 10 times. Thats the beauty of manga, i can read faster through all the boring drivel, and get to the good parts when i like. Also i so much prefer the art... but yeah, all my friends (who's only other anime experience is dbz and pokemon ;o) say naruto is just like dbz, the anime is imo. The manga isnt so much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah everyone will go omg noes it takes forever and then it will get to the good part and everyone will then go nooo its over too soon!

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky87 said:
I liked the episode, I was dissappointed that in 40 mins only one battle was waged, but I still like Naruto and will continur to watch it.
Agreed. Must be because I like DBZ =/

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After watching DBZ (the frieza saga to be specific), 2 episodes revolving around one fight doesnt bother me in the least.

The episodes werent the greatest in the series, but they werent bad either. I was satisfied with the way the fight turned out.

Best answers
Alright. 118 was decent, it's the clever moves that the charecters pull off that really make it a cool show, at least I think.

But there was one thing that bothered me. What was up with the monitoring equipment? I was under the impression Naruto took place in a time where there wasn't this kind of technology. I thought it was really lame to see monitors and things like that, but yet we are yet to see one gun in the anime, odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom