new sig and a failed atempt

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well yus, look at teh new sig =0

and he'res the failed part, this is what i originally set out to do, but it just doesnt look good so =\ i dunno if u give me some nice crits i might be able to save it but i dont think i can :'(

[align=center]

[/align]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think if you gave it a little more color it might help.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe i can see what you mean, but i was trying to keep it fairly monotonus, i think the borders around each section make it look a bit crowded now... I'll do some editing wen im done with college work =\

Best answers
I think the idea is nice, but the upper drawing is sloppy o_O
I'd expect alot better from an artist like you dav -_-
I've gotta disagree with kuwa, I dont think you need more color, that one is nice imo.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:x if you're talking about the painting in the sig im using it only took 20 mins, just a painting exercise :x if ur talking about the thing in the refs part... i must agree with you =\ my refs arent too good from the side ='(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never set typo on a blending mode, or have brushing ontop of it, it always looks bad, so hence, bring out the typo, and the drawings on the top sig ;)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=) spanks dask, i know what you mean now, i kinda liked the typo on a blending mode though, it looked watery to me =\ but i shall edit =P, thanks again for the help ^_^

hehe, on a lighter note ive seen the announcement about sig sizes, while i do remember my sigs were over the limit =\ i made a *****ing topic about it being edited cuz for months no1 cared...i made the *****ing topic after new year cuz i had a **** one, i was pissed off at the time and felt victimised >;o cuz of an ironic quote in my sig, but yeah my ranting topic musta struck a nerve =P threaten with their ever looming power they did =0... so if i was naughty we'd all be punished, but I actually care about the art side of this community, maybe i should post more, but it seems like no1 listens to me... like people wont listen to this. I'd also like to call to attention how much the sig section is dying these days, where have all the sig makers gone? and cud someone start a competition that like, gets finished (like i can talk but hey, im talkin bout principle here) but yeah, i'd love to see more activity here a compo usually helps.

Best answers
heh.. i'm a goner for photoshop so i dont make signatures anymore.. :)
i sucked at it anyway

im trying to draw now ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
davidskiwan said:
=) spanks dask, i know what you mean now, i kinda liked the typo on a blending mode though, it looked watery to me =\ but i shall edit =P, thanks again for the help ^_^

hehe, on a lighter note ive seen the announcement about sig sizes, while i do remember my sigs were over the limit =\ i made a *****ing topic about it being edited cuz for months no1 cared...i made the *****ing topic after new year cuz i had a **** one, i was pissed off at the time and felt victimised >;o cuz of an ironic quote in my sig, but yeah my ranting topic musta struck a nerve =P threaten with their ever looming power they did =0... so if i was naughty we'd all be punished, but I actually care about the art side of this community, maybe i should post more, but it seems like no1 listens to me... like people wont listen to this. I'd also like to call to attention how much the sig section is dying these days, where have all the sig makers gone? and cud someone start a competition that like, gets finished (like i can talk but hey, im talkin bout principle here) but yeah, i'd love to see more activity here a compo usually helps.

god your so emo >;0~~~~~

anyway, i think if you kept the borders and stuff, but made the character a little more colourful in ur first sig, it might have worked better.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>;o i am not emo! im punk... well a lil... :x

Best answers
The failed one... Well, heh, whattya know? Dont like it. The sig youve got on at the moment I like though, and I wonder...

I remember a while ago you made a "speed"(?) painting of a figure like that sitting in an alley with a city in the background... is this where this came from?? I must know!

*Ahem* On topic... The current sig is great, I really like it. Im not sure bout the bottom left hand brushing/painting though... I wonder how it would look if it was all kept in the same direction as the rest of the sig? Try it out and do show us (or just me, because Im oh-so-special)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe, basically i took the speed painting i did and blended it with the texture layers that you can see in the failed one, did a few things to the speed painting though, duplicate layers and filters and such =] pretty simple really

Best answers
davidskiwan said:
:x if you're talking about the painting in the sig im using it only took 20 mins, just a painting exercise :x
No no, not your current. I was gonna say something about it, but this thread aint about the current one, is it now?
Your current is quite nice, like this one.

davidskiwan said:
if ur talking about the thing in the refs part... i must agree with you =\ my refs arent too good from the side ='(
Yep, that was what I was talking about x_x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom