n00b me to tears

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey guys I would like to report a bug.... well its sort of a bug... it bugs me anyway.....

Well what happens is this bug only appears before somebody is about to die... Any way the person (we will call him n00b) will type something out like "F**k O** my mouse isn't working right" and then you will see Smeg killed n00b with melee

now n00b will be playing completely fine for the whole game but when he is about to die the bug takes affect. I have also seen this bug with "F**k o** my keyboard was stuck"

Also when n00b will spawn back the bug has one last comment like "Bas***d" or "Ass****" and then the bug disappears and n00b is playing fine once again. The strange thing is, this bug has never happened to people that have "skills" above average
Also I have seen "Leave me alone, my comp is playing up" but as soon as you feel sorry for the little guy and turn your back "pow" melee in the back from n00b, this bug gets very frustrating.

So if it is ok with you guys I would like to call this "BUG" the "Sore Losser bug"

Has anybody else seen this bug?? I don't think the ESF team can fix this but I am sure they are aware of it :) let me know guys ;)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not really a bug, it's more of a method of psychological warfare, the guy using a feint to catch you off gaurd.

My advice is to have no mercy. Once they enter the server, it's fair game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smeg said:
Hey guys I would like to report a bug.... well its sort of a bug... it bugs me anyway.....

Well what happens is this bug only appears before somebody is about to die... Any way the person (we will call him n00b) will type something out like "F**k O** my mouse isn't working right" and then you will see Smeg killed n00b with melee

now n00b will be playing completely fine for the whole game but when he is about to die the bug takes affect. I have also seen this bug with "F**k o** my keyboard was stuck"

Also when n00b will spawn back the bug has one last comment like "Bas***d" or "Ass****" and then the bug disappears and n00b is playing fine once again. The strange thing is, this bug has never happened to people that have "skills" above average
Also I have seen "Leave me alone, my comp is playing up" but as soon as you feel sorry for the little guy and turn your back "pow" melee in the back from n00b, this bug gets very frustrating.

So if it is ok with you guys I would like to call this "BUG" the "Sore Losser bug"

Has anybody else seen this bug?? I don't think the ESF team can fix this but I am sure they are aware of it :) let me know guys ;)
Hahaha, very clever. I've run into this a number of times myself. They usually leave after a while if you keep at it. I mean uh, the bug finally kicks them off the server. ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, it's usually the bots that I hear say this. It's kinda like "playing possum" and if they attack you after pleeing for mercy, I say go all out and make them frustrated until apoplogy or they leave.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think hes talking about when a player joins the server after a bot was in and the player starts talking like the bot unwillingly

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hwoarang said:
It's not really a bug, it's more of a method of psychological warfare, the guy using a feint to catch you off gaurd.

Too true I will remember that, free for all go nuts..... :laff:

@Pain - Yeah thats why I am naming it the sore loser bug ;)

@Chakra-X - Nah these are players that the bug is affecting

@DaRkOwNs - No bots were in the server(s) at any time

I am still waiting for the bug to say "Hang on... Hang on I still haven't turned my comp on yet"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well lets hope the bug doesn't turn out to be an epidemic...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I hope not it spoils the game (for me)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hwoarang said:
Ill drink to that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@DaRkOwNs - No bots were in the server(s) at any time
thats what i said

read what i said more carefully:
i think hes talking about when a player joins the server after a bot was in and the player starts talking like the bot unwillingly

notice the "was" their, "was" is a past tense verb mean theyre not their anymore its a bug ive noticed a while ago

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow. If you want to lecture someone on grammer you might start with yourself.

DaRkOwNs said:
notice the "was" their, "was" is a past tense verb mean theyre not their anymore its a bug ive noticed a while ago
notice the "was" there, "was" is a past tense verb meaning theyre not there anymore its a bug ive noticed a while ago

Excluding, of course, capitals and punctuation.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This 'bug' is in every online multiplayer game.

Best answers
Pain said:
Wow. If you want to lecture someone on grammer you might start with yourself.

notice the "was" there, "was" is a past tense verb meaning theyre not there anymore its a bug ive noticed a while ago

Excluding, of course, capitals and punctuation.
Pure comedy

Anyways, back on topic. I've noticed this alot too, it seems to especially affect them if their name is "ESFn00b" or something along the lines of "ssj4goku1121"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn I was hoping nobody would catch that =p

I've actually run into a ssj4goku1121 player before. Go figure.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow. If you want to lecture someone on grammer you might start with yourself
its funny you say that because alot of times if you use perfect grammar when your typing it makes your sentences hard to understand since you dont have voice tones over the internet so i never use good grammar when im typing i just use the words that would make it seem sensible

of course the "their" and "mean" is just an error caused by typing to fast for me to think about what im saying

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What makes it even harder to understand is a lack of spacing between any thoughts you may want to communicate.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20021011l.gif

I only jumped on your ass because you decided to be a smartass with him. No bots in a server at any time. Wouldn't that cover the past tense as well? Yep.

On-topic:

Hate to say it but I've just become a victim of the dreaded bug. My controls froze up and I couldn't move, causing me to die. :cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
its funny you say that because alot of times if you use perfect grammar when your typing it makes your sentences hard to understand since you dont have voice tones over the internet so i never use good grammar when im typing i just use the words that would make it seem sensible

of course the "their" and "mean" is just an error caused by typing to fast for me to think about what im saying
Darkowns, it's probably in your best interest not to get into a grammar fight =P.

And yea, I sometimes see that bug :(.

Best answers
If you argue about grammar, you seriously have to look for some hobbies..

Any how, I've not seen this. I don't play, either. :eek:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if anybody uses such, "pussy tatics" on me, i make sure i kill them as much as possible....the only one that really pisses me off is wen people pretend to trans, stop and hit me, cuz sumtimes i let them, gives me more power wen i beat them down in normal form =\ but they just stop and hit me, and it pee's me off cuz thats the only way they can touch me, so i hit em around till they're vunerable, and shoot a nice beam into them, sort them out quickly, hence its no problem really, unless a good player interrupts the ass whooping.

Best answers
You know, I actually read the thread this time.

You're probably not any different yourself. If you get beaten by some guy (can't name any good players in 1.2 right now) you'll probably freak out or blame your ping. Because entire ESF did that, and believe me, I know. :p Also, if you let your guard down that easily and hop over to other targets without double-checking, you certainly have something to work on. When I rammed players down and they complained about their keyboard or whatever not working, I just continued, and for "some" reason, the keyboards started working pretty damn fine in a short while. Keep an eye on everyone, it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom