GFX trouble

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Well, I have a very low end card. GForce4MX 440, 64mb. And I used to play KOTOR on medium just fine, it'd get choppy at times, but other than that, it's fine. Now here's the problem.

Recently, I started playing it again, and something will happen when there are room where the particle engine is at work (foggy rooms like cantinas in a town and what not) and my FPS gets raped, and it's horrible until I leave the area, and restart the game (even on low settings of GFX, I never have vsync or antros on) It's never been like this before..I've got the newest drivers and everything.

And to nip this in the bud, whoever is going to say "Get a new gfx card" can shove it, because I'm not in any financial position to do so at the moment. I'm just wondering why it's doing this all of a sudden when it didn't do it before.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it worked fine before, and all of the sudden doesn't, I can only think of two things. The first being, have you filled up your hard drive to nearly full since you played it last? I've seen some cases where people have hard drives with space <1GB, and games and applications will run much slower because of it.

The only other thing I can think of, and this one's less likely, is that the game released an update improving the graphics, thus making it more graphics-intensive?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea, everything is up to date, and I have40% of all my HD space free D:

Why me >_<

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
try rolling back those new drivers and see if its the same, your card might just not like em.
Other than that, all i can think of is that this time your playing, theres some kinds of effect still on that was disabled before. Try disabling EVERYTHING down to the worst settings possible and see if the same effects are still in place, and u still experice "teh rapage"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom