beam catching, and tennis

Best answers
on occasion if i see someone fire a beam a ways away from me, aimed at someone elese i would fly full speed(swoop) in front of the beam, block it, and return it to sender, or some other unsuspecting bystander, anyone elese do this?

also if the conditions are right you could get a mad game of tennis going.... ie the same beam being being blocked and returned multiple times, provided theres enough distance on the map to move foward and recharge you ki while your waiting for the other guy to resend it...so yah

comments?

Best answers
charging AT a beam to block is normally a BAD thing if it can be controlled by the user...they can detonate it at any time they like...you doing that will more than likely just be committing suicide since anyone that knows what they are doing will most likely blow it up in your face

Best answers
not realy mostly im far enough away that either they dont clearly see me or thing i didnt notice the beam

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That has to be the dumbest way to avoid a beam I've ever read. Just go around the beam or shoot gen balls/ki blasts at the guy, and then use melee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, god forbid someone tries to do something cool or brave instead of just finding the most efficient lowest common denominator and repeating it until the end of time. Oh yeah. Fun stuff right there.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a line separating bravery from stupidity. Flying into a beam so your opponent can detonate it in your face is quite stupid. God forbid anyone try to assess a situation in a game and come up with a good strategy.

Best answers
i never said anything about trying to avoid the beam... hahaha... useually i end up so close to the beam i either catch it or run into it... makes it even more flashy that way... old school you know

Best answers
Sure, nice move. You'll be tired it of in no longer than a week. Same as the "eye candy" put into 1.2. They are worn out pretty quick.

Waste of time. Just dodge the beam and kick the guy's ass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
everyone has their own way of having fun. If this is fun to him then hell, let him do it. He was mainly looking for others that have fun this way aswell.

Best answers
Yea it gets real fun when your so much stronger then your opponent and then you just let them send there ultimate moves at you (like deathball) or something and you just back hand it back at them

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a line separating bravery from stupidity. Flying into a beam so your opponent can detonate it in your face is quite stupid. God forbid anyone try to assess a situation in a game and come up with a good strategy.
jeez what the hell is this this is a game not the army he can play how he feels fit too if he wants to try to help out his teammates, i honor that, seeing as nobody else tries to help their team

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well piccillo saved gohan from a beam and that was pretty cool. So if some guy ran into a kamehameha while I was low on ki and blocked it/died, that would be cool. The more dbz-like re-enactions, the better i say.

Now if it was a final flash and it killed both of us, THEN it be stupid.

Best answers
actually would be the smarter thing to do if you want to "Help" a teamate out..instead of running at the beam then trying to block it...shoot a gen beam in an alternate direction so that it will fly off course? With how the charge system is now...you can charge back enough ki to teleport far enough away so a beam can't hit you..

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are people who play to win and people who play to have fun. Then I guess there's a third group who try to do both.

In any case, I'd do it for the hell of it if I had better reflexes.

Best answers
Deman said:
There are people who play to win and people who play to have fun. Then I guess there's a third group who try to do both.

In any case, I'd do it for the hell of it if I had better reflexes.
im more of a guy to play inorder to have the other guy say to him self "what the hell?"

nge

Best answers
While it has a LOW chance of actually working, I guess it could. Really though, unexpected and suicidal are two very different things. Example-

While it would be totally unexpected for a single grunt to charge a fortified line, it also probably wouldn't work.

Best answers
I remember trying to do the volley thing with my spirit bomb. It didn't work so well. After the guy threw it back at me I tried to block it and push it back his way...It blew up when it touched me :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It shouldn't blow you up... now in 1.2 you should be hurt if pushed against a wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom