Hey Gt Haters

Best answers
Hey guys I don't know why you hate Gt cuz guess what! DBZ would
stop at Freeza because Goku would be the Legendary Super Saiyan
and not Broly but they forced Akira to continue with the series that's
why they mess up when Vegeta says during the Freeza Saga that Goku
is The Legendary Super Saiyan but Then he says Broly is the Legendary Super Saiyan! So you should be Glad Akira Acually Went this far even though he did not create Gt there still would not have been Fusion,SSJ3,and my
favorite dbz villan Majin Buu (All Forms)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Moved to anime.

By the please resize/remove your signature, it is over the size limit of 600 x 200.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because DBZ would have ended with the Frieza saga doesn't mean that we should all like GT. To be honest, many people who hate GT also hate any of the Saga's past the Frieza saga.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman said:
Just because DBZ would have ended with the Frieza saga doesn't mean that we should all like GT.
Agreed.
And just because DBZ would have ended with the Frieza saga doesn't mean it would've been bad, either.

I'm not going so far as to say the Cell Saga was bad, just that it lowered the status of what a Super Saiyan was built up to be. In the Cell Saga, you've got people transforming left and right into what was supposed to be an incredible, legendary form. It made the Super Saiyan transformation seem pretty insignificant, and by adding levels beyond it we now have the "zomg I'm gonna go SSJ8 and have 3-bajillion power level!" that most people hate about the series.

Best answers
I cant really understand some of this post but oh well.

DBZ was fine, but GT over did it and was just not needed at all.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it ended with gok dying as a legendary super saiyan, it would seriously seem like an epic tale to me, kind of like a "The Odyssey". But there would be so much talk on what would happen next, gohan still young, vegeta now a "good guy", there were so many loose ends needing to be tied up (similar to the belief the Odyssey had an extra book (chapter) writter to clarify everything by someone other than Homer). I perosnally like the idea of forms beyond a super saiyan, it's like how we find out there are other countries, then other planets, then other galaxies.

GT, the style of art was much cleaner, but I didn't really like the fighting arena's of Bebi Vegeta, plus Bebi pissed me off. SSJ4 is pretty cool, but I still like ssj3 the most. There wasn't much things that capture me in GT like the other sagas otehrr than SSj4 gogeta and final shine. The Shadow Dragon idea was a very good one to my idea, but excetued below my standards. I didn't like it at all that goku was a kid, but I guess it was a unique twist. Where did these Black Star Dragonballs come from? And it's all "so this is your true form?" "Let me show you my real power!" Kinda corny if you ask me...

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
DragonDude said:
Agreed.
And just because DBZ would have ended with the Frieza saga doesn't mean it would've been bad, either.

I'm not going so far as to say the Cell Saga was bad, just that it lowered the status of what a Super Saiyan was built up to be. In the Cell Saga, you've got people transforming left and right into what was supposed to be an incredible, legendary form. It made the Super Saiyan transformation seem pretty insignificant, and by adding levels beyond it we now have the "zomg I'm gonna go SSJ8 and have 3-bajillion power level!" that most people hate about the series.
I couldn't agree more. Even though it did raise eyebrows at the end, all that it needed was a good epilogue and that should've done it after goku sploding on namek.

Best answers
i would have been happy if Toriyama had stoped after the friezza saga since he had written dragonball since 1984 spanning 26 volumes (from the DB hunt to friezza). then he continued because of fans up to the 42 volumes of the manga that we have today.

my reason why GT totaly sucked because
1) Dragonball the anime was Toei's biggest seller since 1986 (when the anime started) and they wanted to make more money off DB.

2) they brought Pilaf back after 20 something years since he disapeared During the Piccolo Daimao saga Vol 13 of the manga. (if you don't count the Filler episodes of DB after the 23rd budokai saga)

3)The lame writers (they should Die) made too many plotholes and stupid transformation (e.g. SSJ4) in the series.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There has barely been a melee hit in GT. It was all about ubah beams with tiny explosions,wich also bothered me. Second the selection of voice actors was really bad. But the most important thing is, Dragonball GT was instantly pulled out of the arse. There was no manga, wich is probably the reason why it sucked so much. Manga is mostly better thought out then anime. (example, Naruto and the tea country) If they would have made a manga before creating GT, it might have been better.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correction: If there was 'thought process' before gt, it might have been better.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O You just summed up my post with one line..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be fair, DB and DBZ had it's fair share of goofs and mistakes too, it's just people are more willing to point out the ones in Z. I think GT's biggest shortcoming was the huge mistake they made at the start with the Blackstar Dragonball Saga which was dubbed then completely cut so the series started with a summary, then re-entered afterwards as 'The Lost (read: dull) episodes'. If they had just made the Blackstar Dragonball Saga a lot more interesting rather than solving their problems with confusing cuts then I think it would have worked a lot better. It seems to me like hating GT is the 'cool' thing for 'hardcore' fans to do. IMO Dragonball was much better than Z anyway. Tactics and Technique > Transformations.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gt is just a big mistake, they didn't saw beyond the money.
the list i think they made wrong:
1)the fact that ssj4 is in it
2)goku is aduld becours of ssj4
3)it doesn't matter how young you are, instand translocation is for every age.
4)they made the use of ssj nonsense
5)they made vegeta look weaker than in dbz
6)the whole storry doesn't make sence, dragonball's comes from namek original and not from earth.
7)if the blackstar dragonball's are made before the ceporate of kami and piccolo then they already would disapear, becours they did ceporate and so makes the black db's useless.
8)a ssj can blow a whole city away just by totching it but a ssj4 cant even lift a bulding, and they are even with 2 ppl.

with all thows poinds makes you wonder wy they even try making it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Point on 7) The dragonballs don't dissapear when the guardian dies, they turn to stone. This is how Dende managed to use Kami's dragonballs to make his own by 'reactivating them'. Presumably when Kami seperated from Piccolo, Kami kept the balls in the lookout and they turned to stone. When Piccolo fused with him, they reactivated.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gt was ok , but it will never be as good as z , the fights in z were better and more unipie and the extra transes i guess justifed the change of some1 getting stronger (think about it , if it was ssj the whole way through the series , it would of been dead , because the new appereances of the trans gave it more feeling to how strong some1 was)

Best answers
SaKuMa said:
1. Goku is a kiddo, what the **** is with that?
2. Trunks is a looser.
3. All the characters are comletely ruined. They all have this stupid mug in their face that just makes you wanna hate them.
4. PLOTHOLES
5. Vegeta isnt a violent badass character, he's turned into a halfway looser and almost completely ruined as well, then the stupid beard that thank goodness he shaves off. Also he uses a beam that Bulma designes to go ssj4, WTF? in Z he would never do such thing.
6. Gohan is a complete weakling, whaaaaaat? :eek:
7. Gotenks and Trunks go ssj at a very young age but Pan never does it, why? That's VERY stupid.
8. Why should a kame of Gohan make Piccolo death wounded? o_O
9. The Super17 part is just stupid, he absorbs beams and how perfect, they only throw beams at him!
10. Dragon ball negative energy since when? How come nobody knew about it?

Then probbably alot of more stuff if I would think about it longer.
For me GT sucks mainly because of all that ^

Deman said:
Just because DBZ would have ended with the Frieza saga doesn't mean that we should all like GT.
ditto.

Why does people keep insisting on others to like GT? Is this some kind of religious thing?
GT sucks for these reasons stated and alot of others, mostly mentioned already in this thread im lazy to quote. DBZ can be for a more extense group of viewers, DB GT is for kids, and I bet even most kids think it's stupid.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gt sucks because it was made for 5 year olds that are entertained by somebody explaining whats going on for 10 episodes and then 2 mins of fighting. oh and it wasnt created by the original author, and it had the ****est plot lines ive seen in an anime, and Uub who was ment to be the strongest person in the world had little/no part in the whole anime. Goku got turned into a kid -_-..... and ssj4 looked nothing like what i thought it should if there would be that level. I could go on all day but the bottom line is, i wont ever watch a damn episode of that crap again.

Best answers
i agree... gt sucks a lot, now about brolly... it's a move and most (or all) movies aren't real i think, i may be wrong but i think it's that... what i'm trying to say is that goku is the legendary saiyan but then broly came, later on the dbz episodes they even don't talk about any legendary saiyan so i think it's not that important, right?
ps. i don't like brolly and gt, and i don't care about the legendary saiyan :)

Best answers
Wanna know something guys goku can transform SuperSaiyan 5 ifound picture in dragomnball z site goku has grey hair but that AF is bull**** someone make that.
I have dragonball GT movie goku was SS5 there so good luck to you guys

Best answers
Mr-Vampire said:
Wanna know something guys goku can transform SuperSaiyan 5 ifound picture in dragomnball z site goku has grey hair but that AF is bull**** someone make that.
I have dragonball GT movie goku was SS5 there so good luck to you guys

thats not true;)

There isn't any video from a SSJ5 goku!
AF is a fan fic and there wasn't even a official DBAF projejct^^

Ontopic:

GT was so bad because of the ****ed up plot.The whole series has no drive and gets episode for episode more annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom