Internet problems...

Best answers
I posted this on the help, forum, but I'm a very impacient person. so, I'm posting it here, just incase I get a faster response...
Well, you see. I downloaded ESF, and I believe that I have Half-Life 1.1.1(something like that). But, when ever I try to play online, using the internet... It doesn't allow me to. It says that I have an old version of ESF, or something. But, I downloaded the patch for 2.3. And, still nothing. I clicked update, in the program, but It sent me to a Sierra updater program, and it informed me that I have an outdated version of Half-Life, but, there are no update files for it. Help, please. And, what is STEAM, and how do I get it? I read over some other threads, and apparently, STEAM is the only way to play online? More help, please, lol.

Best answers
What is WON, and.... When I search for online games using STEAM, it doesn't show ESF, and If I try to play on a Half-Life server, it just comes out with an ad., to buy Half-Life 2. More help... >.<

Best answers
The newbie/faq/whatever sticky needs to be updated.

You need steam first, install and create an account. First download Half-life, run it once (you may exit right away) and download ESF 1.2.3 full, install it in your steam/steamapps/your@email_or_accountname/Half-life/ so it looks like Half-life/ESF

If done correctly, it will show up in the 3rd party part of the Steam Play Games menu.

Best answers
There's no folder in "steamapps", it just has a file called "platform.gcf".

Best answers
you have to run half-life once and like completely update half-life then install ESF and it should show up in your "My games"

if it doesnt your doing it wrong

Best answers
Thanks for all of your help, guys. But, once again I have another problem... -_- Isn't that so predictable? Any ways... When ever I try to join an ESF server, it comes out with an error message.

Take a look:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that means you are running a difrent ESF version thatn the server just select another server

Best answers
But, this always happens. Most servers are password protected, and all the rest say that message... Does it mean that they don't have version 1.2.3, or that I installed 1.2.3 incorrectly? I had the full version for 1.1.1, and then I got the patch for 1.2.3, and installed it, was that correct?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try to reinstall but if you gat 1.2 full and then update with the patches its shure to work i cant say for the full instaler of 1.2.3 since i have 1.2 and patches

I even still have ESF 1.0 and 1.1

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please don't make multiple topics of the same subject matter. Most people read both the newbie and help forum. Seeing as how the other thread, http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=53115, has the help you need, I'll leave that one open and close this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom