adware/spyware

Best answers
hey i need some help, my computer has been running slower than usual and i ran ad-aware 1.50 SE and i found that over 300 little spider things... so i deleted them and rebooted because it said that some files couldn't be deleted untill restarting the comp and running the ad-aware again... but each time i get up 100+ spiders everytime... can anyone help me get rid of the spyware??

Best answers
Well i haven't used Adaware in a while but i remember that you shouldnt really outright delete each of the 'infections'. There is a quarantine facility that will just remove the offending files to an archive. Then after rebooting your PC you can be sure that any changes that were made were not threating your system. Then you can delete the quarantined files.

Also make sure you have a firwall up, and make sure only KNOW processes are allowed to contact the internet. Then again run Adaware. This i rememeber stopped re-infection. I also suggest that you use SpyBot Search & Destroy, it will get rid of alot of spyware on your system and it can patch certain vunrabilities on yout system.

p.s. You might wanna try to use the Windows update - im assuming that your using Windows, dont think that Adaware has another OS client - facility to get your Windows patched with all the latest security. But you might not wanna do that, i certainly didnt, my system breaks with SP2 for WinXP :(

Best answers
Here is a list of some of the programs that I use to clean a PC.

AVG Anti-Virus 7.0
Spy Sweeper 3.5
CWShredder 2.13
HijackThis 1.99.1 - Careful with this one.
Pocket Killbox 2.0.0.175 - Careful with this one.
Spyware Blaster 3.3
Microsoft Antispyware
TrojanHunter 4.2

*If you have any troubles finding the programs or need anything else IM me.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jesus what a bunch of prorgams for sutch a small thing, just use spybot and be done with it.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The Cheese said:
Here is a list of some of the programs that I use to clean a PC.

AVG Anti-Virus 7.0
Spy Sweeper 3.5
CWShredder 2.13
HijackThis 1.99.1 - Careful with this one.
Pocket Killbox 2.0.0.175 - Careful with this one.
Spyware Blaster 3.3
Microsoft Antispyware
TrojanHunter 4.2

*If you have any troubles finding the programs or need anything else IM me.
Just take Hitman Pro and Microsoft Anti-Spyware.

Hitman Pro is a packing of all kinds of anti-spyware.(CWSSchredder, Adaware etc)

Best answers
niobe said:
jesus what a bunch of prorgams for sutch a small thing, just use spybot and be done with it.
/sigh

Sorry friend, Spybot is not a magic bullet.

Best answers
yeah i'm running windows XP, with the latest updates, downloaded the microsoft anti-spyware prgram..
It's cleaned up alot, but i still get the occasional pop-up.
maybe i'll give hitman a try

Best answers
even if you remove it all, you will always and i mean always get spyware back in your comp sometime....my rule is to run adware every week and just live with it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom