FX system

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Wow, nice work.

And about the customability, will it be like editing BFP?(With shader etc)

Its getting better and better :D

Best answers
2 thumbs up for joe/team, this sounds awesome.

Best answers
I hope i can make it so the ground cracks when you power up and go ssj that would be cool hope it works out great job team!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it can. dmz had it, I'm sure esf can do it too.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to admit, that does look pretty cool.

Best answers
I'm that close to bug all the esfers in msn just to get joe's adress and start bothering him of how great he is :D.
Love you man, love your melee systems, love the FX, YOU ARE AWESOME!
just one problem, I'm probably going to be so nab that system will be too complex for me :p.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well....uhmm...ok......nbot inprest, sorry.

Best answers
Cool effects.

It's kind of a shame, though. I'd rather the team worked on fixing the game's gameplay rather than do all this windowdressing stuff, but... At least they're doing stuff, right?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got two questions about the blurr effect. Can you do things like add in a blurr effect only when you do certain things as a certain character. For example, could you make it so theres a blurr effect only when you swoop as ssj3 goku? Can you change things about the blurr effect like what portion of the screen it covers?

Best answers
Hmmm...If I activate an FX effect in game, I will be the only one seeing it right?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
§hade§ said:
Hmmm...If I activate an FX effect in game, I will be the only one seeing it right?
Yea, only you would see what you do to the game.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thenamekman - I'm not too sure if I want to implement that... They're just decals pasted on the ground that look pretty cheesy. I'll probably try out some test effects to see how it looks and if it's not too bad I'll keep it.

§hade§ - The GUI is going to be pretty easy to use, you wont have to do any type of programming/advanced configurations. Point and click editing, very simple and straight forward.

Halorin - I see where you're comming from, but it's one of those necessary evils. With all of the transformations being implemented in beta 1.3, there's no way the old transformation system would have even started to suffice. Either way, I'm the only one working on this system, not the entire team.
We also have quite a few plans to improve gameplay, especially melee... After I complete this fx script system, I'll be rewriting large portions of the ESF melee code to account for the new changes. Hopefully we'll get it right this time -_-
Saying 1.3 might be our last version and we've been using the same transformation fx for about 2 years now, I think it's time well spent. It's that initial "wholy ****, that looks awesome" that brings the new fans in. I'm hoping they'll wholy **** enough to bother reinstalling half-life and try 1.3 out ^_^

Sub - I'm thinking about implementing a small system that will allow users to activate certain FX effects during certain events.. For example, on jump, do X fx.. During goku ssj2 turbo, do Y fx.. during ssj3 swooping, do Z fx... etc etc...
The radial blur effect will have several options. You'll beable to change the center point of the radial blur and how transparent it will be (to make it fade in/out). I'll see if I can add a 3rd option that will allow you to change the size of the inner circle.

niobe - Thanks, I love you too :)

EDIT: I assumed most of you guys noticed, but I also updated my dev journal.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Just saw the dev journal of PcJoe o_O

So you can make your own scene? :x

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Halorin - I see where you're comming from, but it's one of those necessary evils. With all of the transformations being implemented in beta 1.3, there's no way the old transformation system would have even started to suffice. Either way, I'm the only one working on this system, not the entire team.
We also have quite a few plans to improve gameplay, especially melee... After I complete this fx script system, I'll be rewriting large portions of the ESF melee code to account for the new changes. Hopefully we'll get it right this time -_-
Saying 1.3 might be our last version and we've been using the same transformation fx for about 2 years now, I think it's time well spent. It's that initial "wholy ****, that looks awesome" that brings the new fans in. I'm hoping they'll wholy **** enough to bother reinstalling half-life and try 1.3 out ^_^

Cool. I don't think the melee as it is now is necassarily 'wrong.' It's a step in the right direction, but I'm glad there's another step being taken at least. I'd say listen to the people who constantly shoot off their mouths around here about melee suggestions through whining and generally just being an ass.

Less is more, too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks awesome indeed. Heh, now if you have the ambition, ESF won't get redundant. I remember the first time I transformed with Vegeta and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Now with the new FX/cinematic system, you can re-make any transformation to your own liking. Awesome job Joe, the things you can do (along with the rest of the team :) ) are just amazing.

Best answers
WOw WOw wOW , that's great duds . But DO NOT SHOW ME ANY MORE PLEASE OR I'LL GET BANNED BECAUSE MY PACIENCE IS NOT AT 99% IS at 140% I really can't whait [Great job anyway ]

I CAN'T WHAIT :] in the meentime I'll play some Lineage 2 :]

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
§hade§ - If you make a new fx effect, you'll be the only one able to view it. In order to have other people see your effect, you would have to send them your personal fx script files. When I started showing this stuff to the force pit guys, the question "will others be able to see the custom transformations" popped up. No for several reasons.
1) Imagine if someone created an fx effect that emitted 80,000 particles and 1,300 3D spheres. Your PC would probably melt into submission before you see the first frame of that.
2) Every client would have to upload their fx script files to the server and then have every client download them. That might bring up several security exploits, and it's a pain in the ass to implement.

Devion - Exactly. You can plan out your own little scripted sequences machinima style.
A quote from scruffie that explains what's possible with the fx script system.
Scruffie said:
So could we set standard animations that we could get to play at the touch of a button? Like if you had people *****ing about not having a fusion trans with Vegetto, they could just set Goku's second trans model to a custom made Vegetto, spawn a Vegeta for the trans animation, and, after the evidently very cool, flash, trans sequence, feel very satisfied that they don't have to spam up your E-mail inbox with requests for a fusion ingame?
Halorin - Yeah, that would be a good idea... *starts reading suggestions forum*

Phatslugga - Hehe, I remember when I was so proud of the beta 1.0 transformation fx, especially Gokus. I look at it now and I'm like "what kind of joke is that?"
Anyways, I'm hoping you guys will take advantage of the fx script, would be cool to see what other people come up with :)

_Goku_ - Thanks o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder if we could edit in... frogs.

o_o

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really Smith, you need to like... stop talking -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh come on, everyone needs some frog love'n!

And yes, the FX system is really kick'n some arse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom