sCREEN SHOTS OF THE GAME AND ENVIROMENTS

Best answers
how is the playing different in shooting a beam? i really don't see a difference in the beam abilities...plus this most likely should be in open if i am not mistaken for using BFP as the main controversial here. I do not know what it will look like, we just have to wait

Best answers
I meant how the game is gonna look when 2.3 is released. Like how the ki blasts and ki charges look. Also the map back grounds

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rumple foreskin said:
Is the next release gonna play a little more like these screen shots from bfp? Looks good huh?

Pictures say a thousand words lol. There are 19 pictures. WWhats your opinion now and be honest.

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/naruto2104/detail?.tok=phTLIVCBxLmOqwIB&.dir=/705c&.dnm=a2bd.jpg&.src=ph
*sigh* You're really fixated on this whole BFP thing.
For starters, BFP did not die because there were too many DBZ packs. It died long long before that. Why? Lack of interest, transparent gameplay, repeditive gameplay... It wasn't a bad game, it just didn't last too long.
Before I continue, please don't reply with "NO, YOU'RE WRONG!!! BFP DIED BECAUSE OF TOO MANY DBZ PACKS!!!" - I've been around bfp since its infancy on earthlink and quake3world. I also talked with the majority of the team members, and i'm friends with a few of them as well. Don't try to talk like you know BFP's past like the back of your hand, BFP died long before DBZ packs even started comming out.

Now, why are BFP's graphics so much better then ours? Do you know the difference between Half-life (engine ESF is built off of) and Quake 3 (engine BFP is built off of)?
Half-life:
Published - 10/31/1998
Built off of Quake 1 engine with various improvements.
Main point - old, limited capabilities

Quake 3:
Published - 12/02/1999
Built off of Quake 2 engine with superior rendering technology
Main point - newer, more capabilities

Now, look over your last past couple post - "the map details are terriable", "The back grounds on the map are real cheesy expecially the water", "Is the next release gonna play a little more like these screen shots from bfp? Looks good huh?"
The maps have less detail then BFP's because half-life isn't capable of rendering maps on par with quake3, it's just not possible. Quake3 maps can have more polygons, higher quality textures, etc etc... I think we do pretty damn good with the limitations we have though.
Think about it as BFP working off of a cadillac and ESF working off of a rusty old ford truck. While we can shave all the rust off and make the ford truck all shiny, it's still a peice of **** that will never look as good as the cadillac.

Best answers
Point taken. You are right, I just wish the game looked better because the esf melee is awesome the ki blasts could be better and also offer more choice of characters

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rumple foreskin said:
Point taken. You are right, I just wish the game looked better because the esf melee is awesome the ki blasts could be better and also offer more choice of characters
Yeah, I see where you're comming from... Well, beta 1.3 will feature all of the character's Dragon Ball Z transformations ranging from SSJ3 Goku to Kid Buu. We'll also have two new playable characters, Andriod 18 and Captain Ginyu (although dont ask me about them, I have nothing to do with their implementation ^_^)
My FX script system should make things look a lot prettier too, but I dont think the beams / ki blast are getting a graphical overhaul. It would be cool if we added some type of spark effect to powerstruggles though..

Best answers
Kid Buu!! Thats gonna be real cool. Can't wait to see how the game is gonna look with th new fx system. Now that the source was released I bet you have more options to work with now.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rumple foreskin said:
Kid Buu!! Thats gonna be real cool. Can't wait to see how the game is gonna look with th new fx system. Now that the source was released I bet you have more options to work with now.
They're not porting the game to source, it's staying with HL1. The team decided this long ago, and nothing is going to change their mind.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to be honnest i never liked any of bfp's maps >_> except one budokai tournament map, but the rest of them look nothing like dbz... hills in dbz arent smooth, they're very rigid, alot of rocks and grass ontop, maps released with 1.2 and 1.2.3 all look spot on for a dbz theme. Just look at esf namek revival to see what i mean. They are accurate to the series, interesting and useable terrain for your fighting, esf city could do with an upgrade though, the textures were a tad bit generic, although its still one of the most fun levels to play. I just know that Cold steel is gonna benefit the team now too =] ive always loved his maps, they've always felt like a dbz enviroment too ^_^. I also believe that the models for esf are much better than bfp's, i hate the render used in bfp, it makes the best of dbz models look bad imo.

Best answers
One thing , ssj4 Goku great , baby , great , and a lot more caracters , that's really great , but in one thing , not more power than 1 milion , skills are repeating every time

Good caracters , because they're many , but bad because they're to to low textured , and why all I mean algmost all of thoes screenshots are with gokussj4 shoting a blast ??? because the beam from my opinion wwill never get close to the beams in esf 1.3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
beta 1.3 will feature all of the character's Dragon Ball Z transformations ranging from SSJ3 Goku to Kid Buu.
Don't wanna start an argument but another DBZ transformation would be Majin Vegeta...
maps released with 1.2 and 1.2.3 all look spot on for a dbz theme.
I like the 1.1 version of cellgames better tough...

It's impossible for ESF to be like BFP at some areas, though there are some areas where BFP can't be half as good as ESF aswell.

Best answers
BFP was on a better engine, but was a worse game. That's all there is to it.

Best answers
Lol you guys say the models in bfp had bad tex compared to the models in hl.....please come on lmao. Yes esf has better game play but remember as pcjoe said hl is off the quake 1 engine which is limited on polygons and tex the bfp game looks better visually, but is repetitive and fast and not as good of using a power struggle like esf. I made this thread with the pics of the blasts cause I was trying to ask if the beams and the maps gonna be textured as good as bfp was. But I guess it can't because of the systems limited capabilities. Too bad, esf would look sick on hl2. I bet if bfp spent more time smoothing out the mod before the rushed release back then it probably would have survived but it had alot of issues with memory if you switched characters more than 3 or 4 times.

Best answers
I once played BFP, But esf is allot better IMO, grahpics on BFP are good but I do like ESF more, gameplay is better.

I rather have awesome gameplay with medium graphics then bad gameplay, with good graphics.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please don't turn this into a bfp Vs. esf thread.

Anyway, this script will also have some nice benefits for maps. What they are, even I don't know that yet. But I know if joe's on a mad coding spree, it should be pretty neat.

Best answers
My apologies Cold Steel,

I've seen the new blurr function, or however you want to call it, looks very neat!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bfp stands for bid for power. Its a dead mod for quake 3.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think esf's beams, or custom made oens of esf-world, are better than bfp's. I read in the outline that there will be more eyecandy, so chances are, anything that has to do with ki will be pimped out.

As for the maps, cell arena and battle arena proved to be great maps, so I would assume even more better maps will be made to give either a better environment feel or a better battle ground.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hope they are making something simulair to bfp, like shadows moving from the clouds on the ground and maybe get the models even smaller so the level's will look way bigger.(so i can finaly make cell-terra for esf)
i hope that there is a way to make the model selection like bfp(exept the model on the side, makes lag), you can see what you're selecting and maybe(and i say maybe) there is a way to make it able to put models in the mod without replacing the models.
Bfp stands for bid for power. Its a dead mod for quake 3.
.........sorry to put it out like that but what is dead to you guy'?
i dont think bfp is dead, not in a long shot.
they dont inprove it but that doesn't mean it's dead, there are thousends of ppl who still play bfp........and do not care about eyecandy but play it for the speed and hardcore.
hl1 is't inproven a long time but still alive, what is dead about a well played mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom