Lowering Ping

Best answers
Is there any way I can lower my ping? I'm on a DSL connection (which get's about 200kbps-300kbps) and I was wondering if there was any special methods. Also, is there anyway I can tell if I'm about to enter a US server or not before actually entering them? Any server that's out of the US lags like insane for me.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just play on servers that are in your country , It's simple to tell whatr country they are located in if you change your filter settings

edit: if there is ad-ware/spy ware on your com , that could take some of ur ping away , check with programs like spybot and ad-aware

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, servers can be located anywhere. The farther they are, the higher your pings will be. You can make sure there are no processes running in the background that might suck up bandwidth by ctrl-alt-del'ing and closing all processes (under the Processes tab) under your username EXCEPT taskmanager.exe (youre using it) and explorer.exe (because you like using XP, dont you). You may want to log off and back on again when youre done playing as this method kills your antivirus and firewall stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when u browse internet games, join a game that has the lowest ping with some ppl playing in it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom