3DMark

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have any of you tried this program? It runs a couple videos and evaluates your computer, giving you a score in 3DMarks. I read about some Finnish peeps who took 2 of those GeForce cards, cooled them with liquid nitrogen and overclocked the hell out of them. I figured I might as well see how my P4 2.6GHz, 512 RAM, GF FX 5200 w/ 128 MB RAM measures up. Their score was something like 12 000 3DMarks. Mine was 372 3DMs. :shocked: The last set of drivers I downloaded overwrote the coolbits overclocking plugin, so I cant measure the effect of OCing my card.

I ran the two CPU tests along with the game tests, all of which ran at a viscous 1 FPS. How does everyone else rank?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1 fps?! wtf kinda thing did you do to your pc?! the lowest my old pc (using an ati rage pro 64mb card) ran at 5fps, and that was in the scene with the girl and the ogres....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No girls or ogres, sadly. There was one with a space marines style and another with a... lets call it a wisp... floating around in a forest scene at night. Very demanding scenes with all kinds of lighting and texturing. This is in 3DMark05.

Best answers
My highest was 8100 3dmarks (3DMark05), I would be scoring in the 10's if I used AMD instead of intel.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
What system are you running?
Xeon 3.6GHz 1mb cache
4Gb DDR2 800 MHz (400x2)
x2 6800 Ultra's (SLI)

Hopefully Intel will bring out a 64 bit processor. (Unless they already have?)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa....

What did that cost and is there anything it cant run on the highest settings?

And no they havent.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
Whoa....

What did that cost and is there anything it cant run on the highest settings?

And no they havent.
It was $7,900, so far theres been no game that's made it slow down, that's on the highest settings (HL2, Doom3, Farcry)

Now lets let someone else post :p..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yay! My Geforce 4 can't even run all the tests on 3dmark 2001!

*sigh*

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never trust those 3Dmark scores. Video card companies put programs in thier drivers to fool and fake the 3Dmark score.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Have any of you tried this program? It runs a couple videos and evaluates your computer, giving you a score in 3DMarks. I read about some Finnish peeps who took 2 of those GeForce cards, cooled them with liquid nitrogen and overclocked the hell out of them. I figured I might as well see how my P4 2.6GHz, 512 RAM, GF FX 5200 w/ 128 MB RAM measures up. Their score was something like 12 000 3DMarks. Mine was 372 3DMs. :shocked: The last set of drivers I downloaded overwrote the coolbits overclocking plugin, so I cant measure the effect of OCing my card.

I ran the two CPU tests along with the game tests, all of which ran at a viscous 1 FPS. How does everyone else rank?
You're using a GeForce FX 5200. It is the worst out of any direct x 9 capable cards out as of now. Your score is perfectly fine for that card. I'm guessing you were using 3DMark05 as your benchmark, and yes, that is very stressful, but it is also very badly coded. The shaders are very poorly made and as such, produce very bad performance. But it is still the most stressful video card benchmark yet.
Hopefully Intel will bring out a 64 bit processor. (Unless they already have?)
Yes, they have.
Yay! My Geforce 4 can't even run all the tests on 3dmark 2001!

*sigh*
Yes, it can.
Never trust those 3Dmark scores. Video card companies put programs in thier drivers to fool and fake the 3Dmark score.
You're living in the past. After receiving so much crap about cheating on the benchmarks, nVidia and ATi have removed the majority of what people would call cheating optimizations. A lot of people still complain about some optimizations that may be considered cheating, but they honestly don't change the image quality. One of the major ones that I remember from around 2002 or 2003 was when nVidia coded their drivers to not render parts of the benchmarks that you couldn't see. Not dynamically, just completely skip parts of it. That was a pretty bad move on their part.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
Yes, it can.
No, actually it can't. It can run most of the tests, but there are a few dx 8 tests that it can't run, like the "Nature" test as an example. It's a Geforce 4 mx 440, so it can only pump the beloved dx7, no dx8 for me. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
No, actually it can't. It can run most of the tests, but there are a few dx 8 tests that it can't run, like the "Nature" test as an example. It's a Geforce 4 mx 440, so it can only pump the beloved dx7, no dx8 for me. :(
Ah, I'm so sorry for you. I forget about those cards some times. You should really put MX next to it as it's a very important marker. GeForce 4MXs are basically GeForce 2's.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
Ah, I'm so sorry for you. I forget about those cards some times. You should really put MX next to it as it's a very important marker.
Ya I didn't realize I forgot the MX part till you commented on that.

Smith| said:
GeForce 4MXs are basically GeForce 2's.
Arg, don't remind me..........

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes , my geforce 2 gts can match an mx440 ,i'm thing of getting an x800xt and ocing it soon enough , thou what ever card you get , don't buy a gexcube card , they always end up on ebay & the'r dodgie , my old card (9600xt extreme) use to rock , then some werid crap happened to it (it may of been power hungry for all i know , the core by factory default settings was 500mhz or sofor memory) or possiby 3500+ , msi k8n diamond & a leadtek geforce 6600gt extreme

SuperDragonFist said:
My highest was 8100 3dmarks (3DMark05), I would be scoring in the 10's if I used AMD instead of intel.
intel in terms of value are stupid now , not mensioning that they broke the law in japan aswell to try to put amd out of buissness , there are a lot more amd64 systems then intel 6xx system series systems and always will be

in 3d mark 2001se , with a 2400+ , 512mb ddr333 memory , leadtek geforce 4 ti4200 64mb , asus a7n8x-e del & a 40gig quantum hdd , i got 10,500

03 i got 1300

but now i use a fx5200 , and it's scores are crap (982 in 03) i use to have a 9600xt extreme in my machine till it screwed up on me , i use to pull out 3987 (1024x758 , normal settings) it's beat's my m8's machine with is using a 3.2ghz 478 p4 , 512mb genric , some crappy 848 msi baord * a powercolor 9600pro , he only got like 3297 or something like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom