Do I realy need steam?

Best answers
Hi, this is my first post and I want to know if I really need steam.
Since I dont have acess to the internet in my pc (I'm using a macintosh) I was wondering if I need steam to play ESF because I would just play with bots.

Thanks

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I don't think you need steam if you want to just play online, steam is needed for online play.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With earlier versions of ESF you may not need steam, but I'm pretty certain now that with version 1.2 and up you will need steam as it updates half-life beyond 1.1.1.0 and if i remember right, you'll need those updates to play 1.2 and up.

Best answers
i am playing esf offline and i dont have steam!! u just have to get the halflife patches until version 1.1.1.0.
U can get it from www.gamespot.com
just register there and download the patches then install esf on halflife v1.1.1.0 and enjoy the game!!

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Real ssj said:
i am playing esf offline and i dont have steam!! u just have to get the halflife patches until version 1.1.1.0.
U can get it from www.gamespot.com
just register there and download the patches then install esf on halflife v1.1.1.0 and enjoy the game!!
I then stand corrected. Pardon me for making a post without full knowledge of what I was saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom