Thinking about getting back into ESF

Best answers
I stopped playing around the time 1.2 just came out. There weren't a lot of US servers running on steam at that time. Just wonder what has changed tactically and technically. If anyone could give me a heads up it would be appreciated. Also if ya could recommend some good competitive US servers to play on that would be great. Also I've read about EVM add ons and what not....not too keen on the whole SS4 blow up the board kinda servers. A server full of beamers would kinda piss me off specially when they can nuke the whole thing.

Few more things. Is using the combo's worth it yet. When I left they were so slow and predictable I would only use simple melee in fights....got banned from a few private servers that way. Go fig. Also is throw still lame? Some players were throw whores and it was really really stupid. I heard they were going to fix it to make it cost more Ki and more difficult.

Anyways any responses would be appreciated, and if anyone remembers me say hullo.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, for the U.S, there are about 4 good servers up. EVM still sucks, combos can be usefull if you know how to use them, and about the throwing... I personally think its lame, but otheres don't. I think thats about it.

Best answers
What are the 4 good US servers? Are they EVM or just good ole standard? Also is the hit back speed distance been increased at all? Meaning more like 1.1 where you had to really work for your multi hit simple melee combos? It was kinda aggravating to see simple melee hit, swoop, simple hit, beam ball. Where as before it was hit, tele tele tele, swoop, hit, etc. And have they removed the tele delay? That was annoying about 1.2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinks said:
What are the 4 good US servers? Are they EVM or just good ole standard? Also is the hit back speed distance been increased at all? Meaning more like 1.1 where you had to really work for your multi hit simple melee combos? It was kinda aggravating to see simple melee hit, swoop, simple hit, beam ball. Where as before it was hit, tele tele tele, swoop, hit, etc. And have they removed the tele delay? That was annoying about 1.2.
Z clan server
NTH Server
Ape server
Dagster's server

All of them are standard

hitback speed has been reduced, tele delay has not changed, and I'm still awesome.

Best answers
Thx for the info gonna have to get my stuff together like halflife cd/steam etc. Its been so long tho =/

Anyways another question did they ever fix the eternal slow boredom of adv. melee combos?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
not to mention we just found out kagatos a huge liar
no need to attack people , you could of just simply say that wasn't true or incorrect or or something along those lines

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
not to mention we just found out kagatos a huge liar
please tell me what it is I lied about.

the 4 servers I stated are EVMless (unless Dagster has EVM on his now)

being hit back with basic melee is slower than it was in 1.1 and teleporting is still the same as before. So please. tell me what it is that made me into such a big liar as you seem to scream out from the tops of mountains.

did they ever fix the eternal slow boredom of adv. melee combos?
No.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he was joking. You said that your still awesome and he said you lie.. thats what i thought he meant anyways.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It depends. The combos have skill ratings now.
mp_skill 1,2,3
1 is fastest and 3 is slowest i believe

Best answers
Tactically the better players now use a defensive style. Watch out for ppl that block as they tend to grab u and throw u. More players now know the ceiling 6hit and the normal 6hit, so watch ur height.

In EVM, most noobs still throw out the dragonballs. The usual story of wishstealing still applies so theres not much change it that area...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the esf team should really do a func_DBclip and a func_NoDragonball for the map functions

Best answers
Hrmm thx for the block thing. Block bots were always annoying. Sux about the adv. still being so noobish. Guess I'll have to simple melee all the time again. O well.

Thx for the tips

Best answers
well, sephize (although i hate to admit it) is prolly right.
the most annoying players are still those with 1.1 melee tactics...but some have a good blend..

Best answers
Why are players with 1.1 tactics annoying? This always peeved me that people thought this way.

Sitting there and actually doing the adv melee takes too much time. Not only does it slow your gameplay and experience down, but it also lets enemies charge up beams or wait until you are done to swoop for a hit.

Best answers
Mystacx said:
well, sephize (although i hate to admit it) is prolly right.
the most annoying players are still those with 1.1 melee tactics...but some have a good blend..
WTF you talkin bout son? o_O How did you mix sephize post with 1.1 tactics... I thought throw was 1.2, and the 6hit is not the same kind of combo as in 1.1 :S ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom