18 and fx scripting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you guys seen the news page on esf? The new fx scripting looks like an easy and powerful tool to use.

it looks like you can change animations without having to use a model editer or whatever before.

And im just speechless about this one o_O

lookin good so far team. :yes:

Best answers
looks cool and all... but i just dont get what it has to do with the game itself. is ESF a tool to make dbz movies on the hl engine or is it a game? i guess i dont understand where the dev team came up with the idea "oh lets let them make love scenes between goku and vegeta. that would make gameplay MUCH better dont you guys agree? ::esf dev team shouts HOORAY::" :S . unless im wrong about whatever this thing is o_O . i want to see what you guys are doing with melee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[Riced]JP said:
is ESF a tool to make dbz movies on the hl engine or is it a game?
ESF is a game. the FX system is just being made as an extra feature to make your own effects. "Movies" as well probably.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Damn that looks amazing! I shall be downloading/playing ESF 1.3 when it comes out, this has gotten my interest back into the game ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeh. We've all heard people complain about auras and charge up auras etc. Now the public can make their own effects and cant complain with whatever crap they come up with lol :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder if 17 is going to shove his crouch into people's faces too o_O...

But the customizable FX feature is a VERY unique add on for the game, giving more felxibility to the game. BUT I don't know if this is jumping to conclusions, but is the editable FX system acting as an outlet for further replay value if the team stopped working on ESF after 1.3?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
at first glance, I thought 18 and trunks were mackin' it. Does she do that wrapping leg thing in the show or is this another original addition? lol, why is she wearing sandles?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The FX system will also allow the team to beef up transformations and make other "events". It can make the game a lot more cinematic than it already is, we can only wait and see what the team plans to do with it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know this sounds crazy, but its possible that the creation of the FX system is to auctally speed up the process. Cause think about it. Each time you want to go through a new idea on what to do on X anamation (X = transformations) you will have to stop game. Edit ideas. Recompile. With this they can make the changes they want in run time.

Its kinda like an EntMod for anamations. I love it. Wait until you see some of the **** I will come up with :p (seeing as you already know what I can do with EntMod) :)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The fx system is a really good idea imo. Sure, things like updating the melee shouldn't get ignored, but this will in my mind add a lot of replay value to the game. I can picture people changing tons of things in the game and then releasing their custom scripts over esf world for other people to download. It's like whenever you get a new model, the game just seems better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this right here is what spearates esf from all other mods, i dont know any others that have a FX/animation editor.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
why does that look like the new goku in there.......he wasn't even ever really finished -_-

Best answers
the thing is though, jp was talking about "what comes first.." and its just kind of *** seeing that every game in the world is going for graphics and not gameplay now.. heh, maybe they are doing gameplay, but .. graphics came first obviously

two cents added

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who's to say that gameplay isnt being considered? To my knowlage the gameplay changes have been kept pretty secret, because in general gameplay changes cause a hell of a lot of *****ing between the community, fear of change vs sticking to what you know(if it aint broke theory). It goes without saying they arent only considering graphics, graphical changes are easier to show and easily interperated and dont cause disruption. Also how can you say they arent considering gameplay changes >_>? one of the pictures is of 18 doing some kind of grapling move, that wouldnt fit in with the current gameplay simply because we havent a clue as to how it is done. After several alpha's and beta's of a game with the one of the most inovative gameplay ive encountered u'd think they could take some time to polish it off with some eyecandy. To top it off they're adding to the editablity of the game, which i why i believe most half life mods thrive.

awesome updates =] i cant wait to see how things turn out for 1.3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard that the animations you make can be saved and given to others. if so, it'll be cool to see what people upload to ESF world. I love really badass transformation scenes so you can bet I'll be making a lot.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My question is if the anamations are personal or, like the first system he talked about, will auctally parse the diffrent things and show others your anamations.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably not, in the same way they won't see your custom models.

I'm going to bet that someone, somewhere will make a nude #18 model and whip up a very disturbing brand of virtual hentai.

Best answers
*drools*

Eh, just kidding. But someone probably will, society twisting minds and such. Still, looks very good.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Probably not, in the same way they won't see your custom models.

I'm going to bet that someone, somewhere will make a nude #18 model and whip up a very disturbing brand of virtual hentai.

3D video game hentai... o_O

Well even tho that's garunteed..I would find it quite humorous if someoen edited krillin's tranformation, 18 kisses him, than BOOM, transformed booty-craving krilin

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Back to reality...

Do you think it will be possible to make finishing combos for when you die in adv melee? What Im getting at would be something like an automatic finishing move for the character, maybe depending on the person being finished.

Por ejemplo, Gohan delivers the final blow to 18, only instead of just dying dying, 18 gets throttled zanzoken style, like a ping pong ball. Then Gohan finishes her with a masenko.

Thats what I call eyecandy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom