Whats the secret to dealing with melee?

Best answers
I notice people use melee ALOT more than energy attacks to kill one another
--constant swooping/throwing/roll crashing (as i call it, which i think is just lame to constantly leave a person in a roll till they die on the ground)

Im having a real hard time competing melee wise
-that and teleport melee (which even bots on the weak setting have mastered)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont know, i dont have that much free time to devote to being a cheap ass.

Get good with discs, so you can piss them off.
Or just spam kameha and kill them/your self.

I guess you can trans kill them, but throwing constantly is always annoying.

I just go into advanced melee, press random arrows, then try to end with a red, then hit em with an energy attack as they fly back.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Noticing your opponents repetitive manuevers and counter-attacking accordingly.

Also, just being faster.

Best answers
The secret? being better than your opponent.
If you're not, then play and get better ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reaction time and predicting your opponent are good places to start. Also try not to be predictable yourself :p .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
It helps to know how to counter.
be creative, counter in your own way that you think will catch them by suprise.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont forget double swooping, easy way to get around (double tap anyway you want, forward, down, left, right keys) and teleport away when you see them coming, then bash them hard into the ground with simple melee (right mouse button)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
teleporting is a pretty crucial part to counter-attacking. when your about to get hit just teleport then automatically swoop towards the place you just teleported from.

learn to balance your KI usage throughout the fight, "gliding" (which is just stopping and falling in mid flight so you continually fly forward) is a great way to conserve KI

if your really serious about fighting take the time to practice moving around fluidly, just put some bots on a server and smack them around on the lowest skill setting then as you continually get better move it up to the 4th, then 3rd etc...

its a good idea (when you get better at melee) to watch your oppenents rather then fight them seriously for a round or two so you can learn to predict their movements (predicting is a very useful skill to have)
for example if you know that the opponent is gonna teleport you automatically 2 ways they feel comfortable with teleporting, to the right and upwards, so you have a 50/50 chance of predicting where theyre gonna go

alot of the really skilled players combine melee with beams, even some pretty strong beams can be used if you hit them in just the right way
the beams that can be used if you hit them the right way are:
Gallit Gun
SBC
masenko
and the generic beam as well as all the lasers
the rest of the beams take to long to charge

when you get REALLY good at melee you can eventually learn to look for things to bounce your opponent off of to get up to 5 to 10 shot hits

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom