Video Problems

Best answers
ok, i have no idea where this problem came from or what is causing it cause it leaves no error message when it occurs or when i have to restart my pc from it. Well anyways, whenever i try to watch any video that i downloaded, streamed off a site, etc... the whole pc just locks up totally. I thought at first it might have been something wrong with some of the codecs i had installed but i uninstalled all them and tryed it and it did that same things. i dont know how it happened, one day my videos worked all find and dandy and then the next time i try, it locks up. I planned on doing a system restore but i had my system restore turned off so none of my last restore points were saved.

Retired
Best answers
You can try acouple of things, not saying there gonna work but you can try them

1) Try an Ad-aware Scan for anything
2) try spybot search and destroy for any spyware
3) try a trojan scanner i lilke to use the cleaner by moosoft its pretty good.
4) try updating your video driver by going to the manufactures website.

the first 3 arn't really fixes but anytime i have a problem with my comp there the first things i do and sometimes it works.

so try those and if it still doesn't work try a new video players like "the bs player" its pretty good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had this problem once, but I also had a ton of different problems going on (Was my old dell), so I just did a fresh reinstall of windows and everything was peachy. To follow up on Guest's idea, uninstall all of your video drivers and then use a program called Driver Cleaner to remove any other traces of it. Then, redownload your video card's latest drivers.

Best answers
i found what the problem was. I downloaded and installed the newest BETA version of the Nvidia drivers. So i uninstalled them and reinstalled the latest stable version of the drivers and now it works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom