ESF New Tutorial

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
A while back, I asked Mastasurf if I could make a tutorial for ESF, flash absed so it would be more interesting to look at and more convient. http://img15.echo.cx/my.php?image=esfguidescene24ix.swf

I still have to complete the intermediat, advanced, and fighting tip sections. Yes the spelling will be fixed and other stuff will be included in the other sections. I also wanteed to make on for 1.3, so ill have ta changethings around for that :S

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Very cool man. I really like the tut. Im sure it will deffinately help anyone who is new to ESF. Its very easy to understand and you went over alot. I actually never knew what "swooping" was till I saw your tut so I thank you. Keep up the good work.

jp

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Very nice, some pics though are kinda low quality, but the idea is very nice :)

The music in the background is neat to, but I couldn't help but smiling when I saw "Goku here!". :]

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
:eek: ... i like the basic idea of it and how you made it, but the design of it is awfull (heh, no offense lol)
anyways, it reminds me to an old rpg game or so so i made a quick layout idea for that thing :)

talk to me on aim n stuff about that when youre on again.
and, theres a small error .. you start to loose pl when your LF is at 5 or below and not 10 ^_^

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright then. But for a second there, I thought the picture in teh background was a penis :p

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
cool i was actually thinking about making one but you beat me to it, you did a nice job chakra

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
haha its so awesome now XD
there is a small glitch with it though .. the click sound doesnt play completely when you just click on the button. to hear it completely you have to hold the mousebutton.
not a big deal though ^^

Best answers
I found some more bugs on your tutorial (Very nice, by the way)

1.On the powerlevel section, The goku sprite has no transparency inside the Aura.
(There are alot of sprites that arent fully transparent.
2.On the Ki attack section, The Names above the attack icons interfear with the attack description (The names appear above the description not letting you read correctly).
3.You should really display the Ki attack section first then the Ki management section. This way the player will actually know what the charge bar is before the sprite demonstration (the ones with goku firing kames.)

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
In the melee section it says you can knock the opponent out of advanced melee with a strong punch sending them up, down, left, right, or forward.

To my knowledge you cannot send them left or right, only up, down and forward.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa, Cell can hover with no ki cost? And arent you not suppost to give out the... er... um, nevermind.

E: LIES! He cannot hover for free!

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, I'm seriously loving those Goku sprites you used, very nice indeed. His transformation made me all warm and fuzzy inside ;D keep it up!

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
it owuld make things alot more exciting if you would add little movies in, e.g. when your talking about prepunching, add a small movie prepunching

and well...maybe....instead of having to click continue all the time, maybe you could like....add a scroll..bar (like on the right of your screen in windows), dunno if this is even possible with flash, i also suggest trying to use higher quality pictures....well the idea is very nice, just needs some polishing, keep it up ;)

edit

btw, to not give new people hopes of alot of attacks, i suggest you use the original esf sprites, since i saw several sprites in your pictures which looked alot different than the one ingame, some people might think "OOOO, GOKU CAN DO A COOL RED BEAM" than they play the game, and see they cant do the red beam, get mad and *might* leave (probably not, but you never know....hence the *might*)

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The FONT doesnt Fit in right ,try using a better viewable Font.
And scale the Window where the is written in a little Bigger.

But Good Job so Far. Maybe you also can make the Spot where the Char Picture in look as a scouter and let diff. ESF chars explain a chapter.
Vegeta for PowerStruggles for example. And tune the Music a little bit down.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
At the walljump section, you should change the pictue shown. Also you typed "old" instead of "hold". Just to let you know...
And I don't like that font... For example, the "!" at the end of the first page looks like a "'" because the dot is in the "m"...
EDIT- Yeah that's what I meant Stephen:)
Btw, I think you should cover the use of scouter at the begining of the intermediate tutorial. That way, the person who will watch those ingame pictures will know what it means, because you have it in most of the pictures in that tutorial.
One last thing, I don't think the icons of the attacks at the basic tutorial are necessary. If you didn't use them, I believe you could include all of the attack types in a single column. Then you won't have the problem that Chitenga mentioned. And, if you insist(sp?), you could include the icons by having them appear with the text description.
You're doing great, keep it coming :yes:

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
finally. maybe these conversations will end:

"HEY KAGATO TEACH MEH PLEEEEZE!"

"Read the manual..."

"WHEREZ DA MANUAL?!?!?"

"ESF Folder or look online..."

(10 minutes later)

"LIEK KAGATO I DIDN'T SEE IT/IT DOESN'T EXPLAIN SAME MELEE HELP!"

*sigh*

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Another thing is, I don't think you should mention EVM in the tutorial...

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
One of the frames has text cut as it is too long for the bubble. Cool trans BTW. You could make note that some characters are unable to untrans too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom