Damage from combos

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a question in regards to damage taken from combos, for those of you who dont read thread titles. My ping was in the 80-100 range, so I dont think that was the problem. I dont use combos, mainly as I try to be unpredictable, and secondly because I only know one of em, so could you fill me in on how it is that they go down? If he just enters the combo, does it go punch-punch-punch then combo or does it go straight into the combo after the arrows have been entered? If somebody does a combo on you, and you hit all the arrows, will you still take damage? I just had a fight with Renegade (it didnt go well for me) and everytime he used the combo I quickly entered in the corresponding arrows, all green, faster than I usually go with arrows as I know whats coming, but I still took full damage from it.

Whats going on and can I do it too?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there are certain button needed to be pressed to instigate a secret combo. One of them requires 3 button presses, if any of the hits are hit and you do not dodge them, you will get hit by the combo. It only takes one of the 3 hits for this combo to automatically hit.

Best answers
Nah hes talking about the fast combo bug

i wont tell you how to do it, but ill give you a hint it has something to do with the timing :)

:tired:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Captain Crunk said:

i wont tell you how to do it, but ill give you a hint it has something to do with the timing :)

I see.....

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i've playid esf 5 /24 h a day a time ago and i beleve that the"secret combos" ARE TOO SECRET I'VE DONE 1 AND IT WAS EQUAL 2 A NOOBIE pls modify this!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Captain Crunk said:

Its not really a bug. RavenTrunks told me all about it. Its a speed issue. when in adv melee, you release the mouse button the very INSTANT your third combo arrow is done, making the attack seem to come faster than you can imput your defense arrows. This should be fixed for 1.3. It may not be a bug, but it is abused. I fell victim to it many times and I was left in a state of WTFness.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan289 said:
Its not really a bug. RavenTrunks told me all about it. Its a speed issue. when in adv melee, you release the mouse button the very INSTANT your third combo arrow is done, making the attack seem to come faster than you can imput your defense arrows. This should be fixed for 1.3. It may not be a bug, but it is abused. I fell victim to it many times and I was left in a state of WTFness.
well... hope everyones taking notes.. coulda done without the telling how to do it. -.-'

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
well... hope everyones taking notes.. coulda done without the telling how to do it. -.-'
I personally see no problem with it. I don't remember anyone telling me not to say what the problem was and how it works. If people are gonna get mad at me because I revealed a big, bad secret....then oh well. As far as I'm concerned, this is an issue that needs dealing with. And how can it be dealt with if the staff doesn't know how its done, hmm?

Best answers
maybe next time it should be told correctly how to do it...shouldn't it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
just going by what raventrunks told me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
thats howit works for me except i left out one part for it to work right.. just incase this gets out like this.

and logan, im not mad, its just if you want it stoped, you shouldnt spread it out like that, not too many ppl knoew how, but now just about everyone has the idea of how to do it.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
I have a question in regards to damage taken from combos, for those of you who dont read thread titles. My ping was in the 80-100 range, so I dont think that was the problem. I dont use combos, mainly as I try to be unpredictable, and secondly because I only know one of em, so could you fill me in on how it is that they go down? If he just enters the combo, does it go punch-punch-punch then combo or does it go straight into the combo after the arrows have been entered? If somebody does a combo on you, and you hit all the arrows, will you still take damage? I just had a fight with Renegade (it didnt go well for me) and everytime he used the combo I quickly entered in the corresponding arrows, all green, faster than I usually go with arrows as I know whats coming, but I still took full damage from it.

Whats going on and can I do it too?
I was in that server too, Renigade was fun 2 kill :)

There are severial explots to adv melle, if your stuck to someone for a long time you sometimes dont have enough time to push the arrows before he starts attacking(im talken after a long time of you and him hiten using arrow stuff) its a bug thatel be fixed in 1.3.

What I do to counter renigade excuting a combo like that is red arrow hit him away from me before that time comes up. I dont like a min of both players hiten with green arrows cause thats allk they could get.

sorry if you didn't understand I'm kinda in a hurry

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney's Soul said:
be more unprdictible with them then
I figured out the correct way its done. and since people are gonna kill me if I reveal it, I'll just keep it a secret....but I'm still gonna have it addressed to the staff.

Best answers
I know exactly the way you are talking about kagato...it isn't fool proof and it is more of "luck" than what you think it is. Addressing it to the staff isn't going to do anything, i have already talked it over with a few of them. But other than that...keeping the arrows random and occasionally trying to throw in a combo is probably your best bet for hitting someone with advanced melee

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actualy there is a cvar that if you change the combo hits even if all arrows are green i forgot wwch cvar it is but it works. Or its just lag. I had 80 to 100 ping and had the same thing green arrows and i still got hit ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Or its just lag. I had 80 to 100 ping and had the same thing green arrows and i still got hit ^^
the way how it is, when it turns green and your still being hit, its just that even tho your reaction may be fast, it probably isnt fast enough, its cuts off the inputing system and quicly stars attacking so basicly im already hitting you with the arrows that are being showed, you cant block a hit that already made contact. Its like me punching you in the face, then you pushing it away in your attempt to block it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jea i know its my FPS lag cause i play with 10 to 20 FPS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom