Slipping Off

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is some original Fiction I've been writing. It's still incomplete, but I give to you what I've written so far.

Introduction:

Sometimes Lady Luck buys a plane ticket and goes to Vegas for a few weeks, leaving you high and dry for awhile. But sometimes Lady Luck kicks you in the crotch, empties your wallet, and steals your car.

Chapter 1:

A man in a brown leather jacket, khaki carpenter pants, a dirty white t-shirt, and a musty old Truckers hat walked up to the reception desk.
"Ok....what did I do *this* time Constable G'resh."

"Nothing Mr. Kanarishi." The 3 foot tall green skinned alien frowned. "Mr. Kanarishi. I brought you in to report a theft. Your Ship was stolen from spacedock."

Kanarishi's eyes opened wide with horror. "What? MY SHIP?"

"Yes. A Class 4 Modified Gimmel-class Frieghter registered to a one, Able Kanarishi, was removed from the dock by a group claiming to be the 'Rickenbacker Repossesion Company. We allowed them to leave, since our computers were down, and were unable to do a check. Once our computers were back up, we ran a check and found the company did not exist. We attempted to track them, but they had entered slipspace long before."
Able cleched his teeth and fists in horror as the Constable told him of the crime.

"Did they Leave anything? A dufflebag? A Suitcase?"

G'resh nodded. "I was getting to that. They left a duffleback filled with 50,000,000 galactic standard truyen."
The short alien walked behind the desk and lifted the dufflebag on top of the short desk.
Things seemed brighter. "A Silver Lining afterall!"

"49,500,000 is counterfeit."

Able feel back into a pit of dispair. "Damn....."

"Unfortunately, due to some upstading docking violations and other minor infactions of Kordo Law. I will be forced to fine you for 499500 truyen."

Able's eyes lit aflame with anger. "Wait....YOU DRAG ME OUT HERE TO TELL ME THAT MY SHIP, MY LIVELYHOOD ITSELF, HAS BEEN STOLEN BY FAKE REPO MEN---"
G'Resh corrected him. "Repo Women."
"Wait....Repo *Women?*" This made Able even more angry. "WHATEVER! BUT YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT YOU'RE TAKING ALMOST ALL OF THE MONEY I HAVE LEFT RIGHT AFTER MY LIVELYHOOD ITSELF HAS BEEN......" Able was too angry for words.

"May I remind you that on Kordon, yelling at a police officer is a 500 truyen fine offense. I'll attribute this infraction to the shock and anger of your loss, but I suggest you discontinue your unlawful activities."

Able calmed down for a moment. "Come on! Can't ya just....not fine me? 500 truyen is only enough for a sandwhich and two bottles of cheap liquor!"

"The laws the law, Mr. Kanarishi. We will continue our invesitgation. If the thieves return to Kordon, we WILL catch them, and your ship will be returned."

Able had already turned and started to walk out. "Thats exactly why they WON'T come back......"

Constable G'resh shrugged. "We'll keep you informed...or at least try to."

10 minutes later.

Able sat on the steps of the boarding house he had been lodging. For an alien world, Kordon was surprisingly......human. The Kordo were obsessed with human culture, and even adopted English as a second language, to be learned in tandem with their own. They even upscaled parts of their buildings and cities to acomodate the taller side of the galaxy. Unfortunately their legal system is incredibly strict, and the smalled infraction requires a huge fine, or prison time. And oddly enough, they make great cheesesteaks. Able held on in one hand, and a plastic shopping back with two bottles of white label booze in the other. A large bite had been taken out of the cheese steak, and one of the bottles has some of the contents missing.

Able removed his hat. He looked inside, and found something he didn't like. A few strands of his own black hair. "Awww man......27, broke, stranded, and now my hair is falling out....wonderful. Friggen wonderful."

A tall man in a brown cloak and robe approached able, sitting down next to him. His piercing grey eyes shone in the dark and his dull grey hair hung out from inside the hood. "Greetings."

Able turned his head slowly. "Hey, Chief. Not much I can do for ya...."

"No, no. Just friendly conversation.......Hmmm. I like the jacket."

Able seemed to feel a little better, biting his cheese steak, then taking a drink. "Yea? It's geniune Lorgon Leather."

The mans appearance and speech led Able to a conclusion. "Wait...You're a bio'droid."

"Hand over the jacket." the man pulled out what appeared to be a laser pistol.

"What? Are you nuts? This is one of the few things I have left!"

The man's hand motioned to hand it over..."Oh god. I'm being mugged by a Bio'droid...."...but Able noticed a dull blinking light on the pistol. "HEY! That thing ain't even charged!"

"You're right.....I thought it might work...I noticed the alchoholic beverage." the man pointed to the bottle.

"Oh this? Barely started it. Ship got stolen, then I was fined and left with 500 truyen to live off of."

"Unfortunate. My name is Six-Oh." Six-Oh removed his hood.

"Your name is Sixty."

Six-Oh was visibly angered. "Six O."

"Oh...OHHH. Yea, yea...Whatever." Able looked around nervously. "You know, I never really talked to someone who just tried to mug me before.....so...What are you doing on Kordon? They don't really like Bio'droids here."

"I'm a hitchhiking bum. I have been using people to ferry me around the 4 Galaxies for the last 40 years." Answered Six-Oh, almost sounding proud of himself.

"Wow...You're...um...the oldest Bio'droid I've ever met. Don't they deactivate you guys before you reach like...20? You know...the Higher Up Bio'droids."

Six-Oh twiddled this thumbs. "Normally. I escaped. I haven't seen my home planet of PX-1203 in 70 years." He looked at Able's jacket again...."Did you know that Lorgon are sentient creatures with a complex and fascinating culture?"

"What?....No Way....Why would they make leather clothing out of a sentient species...Kidder..You're such a kidder....." Able thougth about it for a moment. "I thought that was the Du-lorgon."

"No. the Du-Lorgon are nothing but beasts of burden kept by the Lorgon."

"Uh....I'm wearing PEOPLE LEATHER? Thats an Attrocity! Why would anyone allow this!"

"The Lorgon think of it as an Honor to benefit people in such a way. They do it to themselves." Six-Oh replied, almost with a smirk on his face.

"Ugghh....You still want the jacket?" Able asked with disgust.

"No. I was just going to sell it."

At that moment, a glass bottle careen through the air and hit Six-Oh's head, shattering. A Shout filled with hatred followed. "GET OFF OUR PLANET STUPID BIO'DROID!"
Six-Oh cracked his neck and ignored it.
"So you're not going to do anything about that are you."

"No point. I could kill a Kordo with my small finger."

They sat there for half an hour longer, silent.

"So. Able. Would you like to get off of this planet?" Six-Oh asked in a helpful manner.

"Damn right I would!"

"I know a human that could help us. Come." Six-Oh quickly stood up and stared walking down the road rather quickly.
"Six-Oh! Wait up!" Able bolted up gregariously, groggy from his liquor.

Several blocks down the road, they reached a rather large building with a landing dock on the roof.
"Smith's Charter and Shipping? How come....where have I heard of them......" A Minor flashback reminded Able of his previous dealings with Mr. Smith. "Oh..NO!! Not this psycho again!"

Six-Oh reacted with surprise. "You know Charlie? Surprising. I thought you were a legitimate frieghter pilot." Six-Oh grinned, knowing that Able definitely had a criminal past.

"Yea...I know ol'smitty alright...Back when I still smuggled. Part of why I stopped." Able replied with guilt, regret, and several other emotions he couldn't place. "Smuggling a single ton of cordosite ore is tough, try shipping 100 tons of it in two trailers behind your ship. I'm lucky I got out of there alive! Smith promised me hazard pay....But I never got it...He instead said he owed me a favor. I quit smuggling right then and there."

They approached the door, cameras watching them from several angles. The speaker on the door feeded back slightly. "You safe?"

"It's Me Charlie." A red field of light overtook them both, lasers fluttering around.
"Ok. Come on in." The door opened and Charlie's hulking fat form appeared from out of nowhere. He grabbed and bearhugged Six-Oh, then turned to Able. "Able, my boy!" A bearhug followed and Able feebly patting Charlie's side.

"So. You ready to go big guy?" Charlie asked Six-Oh directly.

"I would like to ask if accomodations for my friend here could be arranged. He is a bit, how do you say...."down on his luck?""

Charlie nodded."Yea..I think we can manage it. Unfortunately, It's bare minimum. You bio'droids need to breath just like everybody else, even if it's not for the same reasons. I've got 2 empty cargo containers design for small livestock ready to go right now. You'll be placed into a fully pressurized cargo section on a frieghter leaving in....10 minutes."

"Excellent. Ready Able?"

TBC

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I finally got around to reading it... it has it's high points, but mostly atmospherically lays the foundation for the plot, as it should.

Would love to see you continue the story.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
---------------------

15 minutes later.

"Ok. There ya go."

Able dropped his head. "They're like coffins!"

"I believe the term is, 'You get what you pay for.'"

Able walked over to one, opened the top cover and got in, sitting up. "Well, I'm ready to die now. If you see my father, tell him I'm sorry, and if you see my mother, tell her '**** You.'"

"Shut up and get in the box!" Was quickly shouted by 2 seperate voices.

---------------------
Chapter 2(Part 1)
---------------------

A window on the top of the box, alligned with Able's face, lit up. The light from the inside of the cargobay glowed in the cold iced window. Shadows looked down into the window. Muffled voices chattered above him. They were feminine, but another shadow looked down on him. A familiar muffled voice could be heard. The box opened up.

Able came to fully and sat up in wonderment at what he saw. "6-oh. Why are 3 very attractive women standing over me?"

"Thats the ship's crew."

"Uh...right. Who the hell are you?"

The Brunette, who was apparrantly the leader, spoke up. "We are Rickenbaker 'Repossession' and Freight."

"What? WHAT?"

The Redhead turned to her boss. "Uh, Lonny, that's the guy we ripped off."

Lonny muttered. "Oh crap."

They turned back to able. "Well, I'm Lonny Rickenbaker."

The Redhead spoke up. "Amanda Wallace."

The blonde, with her obnoxious pigtails. In an idiotically cute voice and a jump on one foot. "MIMI STARKE!!"

She dropped down, scolded by the stares of her colleagues. Amanda speaking up. "STOP THAT."

Able was still too bewildered to be angry. "Well....ladies. WHAT THE HELL?"

Lonny spoke again. "Well, We've already completely screwed you over, and we're almost out of Kordo space....so. I have a proposition for you."

"Uh...ok." Able was definitely confused.

"We make you a partner. You pilot and tend to the ship, and we work together in this business."

"What? You steal my ship, and leave me with about 500 truyen stranded on a world I'd never be able to get work on and now you ask me to work for you?"

"We left you more than 500 truyen."

"Fines."

"Oh...crap. That sucks...Well, Yes."

Able thought for a moment. "Ok. What's the business really?"

Amanda answered this one. "Piracy and Smuggling."

"Great."

TBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom