Scripts? What the hell?

Discord Member
Best answers
let me start by saying, I dont use um, dont have um, dont even really know what they do. What they do is what I wanna know , i also here that its messing up the legue cos their being used illigally. Please dont close this thread, i just wanna know what people are doing behind my back

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are a few illegal scripts like Aimbot and the 60-arrows (for advanced melee) one. If they're being used in the league then alert the server admin or organisers.

Best answers
those scripts are just for the people that suck in ESF and that want to win every match..
ot`s pure cheating and as lame as hell so don`t use it :)

Best answers
I've been making some scripts myself as alot of u have noticed over the last couple of days. A simple forward swoop (1 press swoop) and a turbocharge (charge disables turbo, just made it so it would fire turbo up again). These scripts come at a price, for example forward swoop takes getting used to, u cant actually change ur fall THAT much without it screwing u over (swoop will stop drop, for all the noobs that read this) and let's not talk about the adv melee part :). The turbocharge is pretty difficult since it requires a huge amount of ki management skills. You drain ki ALOT faster so you cant make long swoops. Any average player with some skills will know how to overcome this script.

Goes to say scripts have their advantages and disadvantages, just as the normal keys do. As far as I'm concerned, as long as a script has a CONSIDERABLE disadvantage it isn't cheating, otherwise alot of CS players would be banned for using a buy script.

It's also damn easy to make scripts, since there are entire sites dedicated to those buy scripts for CS. Just google with some keywords and u get plenty of hits. It's so easy even a 5 yr old can do it...

I have never tried or seen an aimbot script, nor a combo script, but inputting 60 arrows is a bit nuts if u ask me and I consider that a cheat. As for the aimbot, i consider that a cheat since it interferes with the aiming of the mouse. I also saw a player using a speedhack a long time ago, that 1 is pretty much the easiest to beat since u only have to look in a straightline to see where he'll be heading, but i do consider it a cheat simply by the way that it overwrites the speed bounderies of the game.

Note: For all the ppl that wanna get me banned from the ESF-League, don't bother cuz i alrdy quitted that. I dont hide the fact that i suck without scripts and I never have. I couldnt be more then an average player without them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sephize said:
I've been making some scripts myself as alot of u have noticed over the last couple of days. A simple forward swoop (1 press swoop) and a turbocharge (charge disables turbo, just made it so it would fire turbo up again). These scripts come at a price, for example forward swoop takes getting used to, u cant actually change ur fall THAT much without it screwing u over (swoop will stop drop, for all the noobs that read this) and let's not talk about the adv melee part :). The turbocharge is pretty difficult since it requires a huge amount of ki management skills. You drain ki ALOT faster so you cant make long swoops. Any average player with some skills will know how to overcome this script.

Goes to say scripts have their advantages and disadvantages, just as the normal keys do. As far as I'm concerned, as long as a script has a CONSIDERABLE disadvantage it isn't cheating, otherwise alot of CS players would be banned for using a buy script.
Trust me, the disadvantage never outweighs the advantage in any case, it's always the other way around. It usually gives you a considerable advantage, with a nuisance of a disadvantage. Eventually you'll get to the point where you're good with your script, and an average player might not be able to stop you anymore. Either way, it's an advantage that you shouldn't have in the first place.

It's also damn easy to make scripts, since there are entire sites dedicated to those buy scripts for CS. Just google with some keywords and u get plenty of hits. It's so easy even a 5 yr old can do it...
Yeah, the same goes with cheats, entire sites dedicated to them, easily accessible, but that doesn't justify it one bit. It doesn't justify it for scripts either.

I have never tried or seen an aimbot script, nor a combo script, but inputting 60 arrows is a bit nuts if u ask me and I consider that a cheat. As for the aimbot, i consider that a cheat since it interferes with the aiming of the mouse. I also saw a player using a speedhack a long time ago, that 1 is pretty much the easiest to beat since u only have to look in a straightline to see where he'll be heading, but i do consider it a cheat simply by the way that it overwrites the speed bounderies of the game.
I don't really know all of the different kinds of scripts, but they all pretty much serve the same purpose, and that is to give you an advantage that other players don't have (assuming that they don't have the script as well). They're all forms of cheating in my book, there are different degrees, but it still all falls in one category.

You're right there are some scripts that don't give you enough of an advantage to even be noticeable, they really serve more as a convenience. If that's the case though, then why even make a script for it? Is it really such a hassle that you just can;t do it yourself? Lame. It may sound cheesy, but I feel bad if I'm not earning my win with my own abilities.

Best answers
Scripts are cheating, plain and simple.

Why not just enjoy the game the way it was meant to be played? The ESForces team has put an incredible amount of effort into creating a game that allows dynamic fighting that mimics arcade style games.

This isn't a game where you press 1-9 and have a script do all the work, it really degrades the action involve, for you, the opponent, and the team.

Play the game, don't have a script do it for you!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The buy script for CS was made legal when they implemented it in 1.6, under the guise of 'Rebuy Previous'. I can't see the ESF team doing the same with an auto-arrow script, even for n00bs.

Best answers
At some point I couldn't get better, though I really wanted to get better. I'm making up for my human flaws with scripts. I don't think I will ever be good enough for an average player not to be able to beat me, otherwise it would've happend alrdy cuz I play the game every day for a couple of hours.

All the scripts i made are possible for a human to do without, though I've given up on trying to do it myself and my hands get numb from playing this game as much as I do.

This all is MY opinion about it. As long as the scripting isn't banned from all the servers, I will continue to play with them and as soon as they start to ban it, I'll probably stop playing any game since I've only been playing this game for the past year.

And Cookster, u really think the game is balanced atm? cuz i don't. And as far as I know a lot of the so called pro players that i've met agree with me.

Best answers
Scripts in 1.2 don't really matter that much, it's unbalanced as it is anyway. Currently, there are those who script to make it even worse and those who try to compensate.

Example: Blockthrowing is considered one of the (many) unbalanced features.
With seph's swoop script, you can pretty much counter those by being able to instantly perform adv melee the moment you hit them (assuming it's simple melee) giving them no chance to throw you.

However, you can do the opposite as well. You can also instantly counter the hit and perform adv melee with the same script right after you blocked.

Scripts are a no-no, regardless how you look at it but with the current amount of flaws in this version I'd say there is nothing to complain about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What flaws? "Blockthrowing?"

When you block and get prepunched, I thought you couldn't throw the enemy at all? The only real unbalanced exploit thing that needs changing if you ask me is double-simple melee hits.

And scripts are cheating, period. There's no real argument there.

Best answers
Nobody should use scripts period. What I'm finding more and more of is certain players who think they are leet are using them. Eg. STARS Angel of Death. Very noticable aimbot user. I suspect a few and the more I play against them the more I see evidence that they are using scripts.

Its sad really..back in the day scripts and aimbot were hardly used at all.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
What flaws? "Blockthrowing?"

When you block and get prepunched, I thought you couldn't throw the enemy at all? The only real unbalanced exploit thing that needs changing if you ask me is double-simple melee hits.

And scripts are cheating, period. There's no real argument there.
Blockthrowing is blocking a simple melee hit then instantly performing adv melee (1.0 anyone?) and a throw. If this ever happened to you, you'd know it's unbalanced.

The only unbalanced thing in simple melee is the rolling exploit (or whatever you wanna call it), but adv melee seems to have some more flaws in them.

Scripting is technically cheating, so is exploiting. If someone exploits flaws in the game, I would give a green light to scripting as well. What goes around, comes around.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
scripts are not cheating, Steam has a allowed scripts for reasons. They give you an advantage, true, but only so you can do things in a shorter time. Its not something like a speedhack or a wallhack or aimbot etc. its simple stuff like teleport binds etc. Some of you need to get off peoples backs, because youre just haters. Dont hate someone because he's better than you, thats a lame way of thinking. Instead, try and beat the scripter, and at the end you can say "good fight" and really mean it. some of you ***** too much about scripting and its pissing me off. If scripting was banned, im sure the ESF Team would have also discouraged the use of Mr Satan's Script pack releases. Scripts in ESF come at a price. It will give you an advantage in one thing, but a disadvantage in another. ESF is not like CS, so some of you need to wake up and notice that teleport scripts in ESF or something are not the same as anti recoil scripts in CS

P.S. i dont script btw

Best answers
Sorry just to put in my 2 cents. Blockthrowing can be countered easily. I had faced "meep" who was told to be the fastest european player and with double ping out was able to dodge most of his block//throws. It is not unbalanced since you can preform the action yourself after a melee hit. If the person is waiting for you....serves you right for not getting out of the way.

as for scripts, i consider them hacking and a waste of time...in CS in LAN's they give everyone a 15 second buy time because everyone is used to the buy scripts. They don't allow the scripts to be used but compensate by giving you 15 seconds to buy the items. CS and ESF are 2 totally different games and i do not think you should compare the two.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hacking and scripting are 2 VERY seperate things. Hacking modifies the codes and memory values of games, scripting just binds commands already in the game or compensates something for something.

Best answers
Just because you can Sarutobi, doesn't mean EVERYONE can, thus a little help is welcomed. It is all about how you, as a player, want to play this game. An eye for an eye...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But scripts 'break the fourth wall' of the game. If a script gives you an advantage in any way, then it is unfair because it removes the necessity of ability from the game. It's not only about how good you are at playing (as it should be), it's about how good you are at writing scripts too. If you suck at a game you can write scripts to help you out, which devalues the whole concept of earning skills.

If you have a hit-tele-hit script bound to a key because you can't pull it off in the game then that's not fair, people train and practice until they can do said technique, not quit the game and write a script for their lack of prowess.

Best answers
Like I said, It's all about how you want to play.
The scripts don't break the fourth wall, they just place it at a diffrent point. At some point you'll crash against it again, and again, and again.

To what I've noticed theres a limit some players have and some don't, like Sarutobi, e plays the game for about an hour, I play the game for 2 hours or alot more. I don't want to get stuck at that limit and see the rest of the players go beyond me eventhough I play the game alot more then they do.

This thread isn't going anywhere, and it's no longer about what Numenor wanted to know. Also I've told what I wanted and I'm leaving it at this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom