Generic Screen Resolution Tip

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When playing video games, always play at your desktops resolution, and never higher than your monitor resolution

I keep my desktop at 1024 and i play most games at that rez. That way you can alt tab quickly and easily, incase of pop ups, or im's or music needs.
If you keep your desktop and game resolution the same, it doesnt need to resync and such.

If you play at lets say 1600, and your monitor rez is only like 1024, there is usually a BIG lag if something comes up.

Like when i play wc3 at super high rez... and i get a pop up... its like UBER lag, it takes like a minute to get back in game, and for you wc3 players.... thats long enough to be dropped :O

moral of the day: play video games at your desktop resolution

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or..............I can play it at a higher resolution, and make my games look better. Ya, I think i'll do that.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No need to sound condescending, Hash. He is suggesting what I already do.
If you play your games at the same reso. as your desktop, you can alt-tab without resizing.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do this with some games, if I don't already play them minimized. I don't do much in the background while playing games, but I like to be able to, and it helps to save a few seconds each time while the monitor changes resolution. I figured most people knew this, though. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just change my desktop resolution.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah...if you can run a game at a certain resolution then why not your desktop anyway?

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do that with all games, ingame resolution = desktop resolution. Alt-tabbing for the win!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It depends on the game for me. Alt-tab any source engine game and watch my computer beg to have the feeding tube removed...but the blizzard games all minimize without a hitch no matter the res difference.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or you can go and get pop up blockers that way you don't get pop ups. Or just keep your monitor resolution as high as you want it to be ingame...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom