TFT Response Times

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are they worth shelling out extra for less? I'm in the market for a 17" LCD TFT and i've been looking around, i've seen loads of monitors with ranging responses from 25ms, 20ms, 16ms, 8ms, with prices increasing accordingly. Is it a big deal for something like gaming to have a lower response time, or is it one of those 'big cost, little difference' things you come across. Obviously if i'm not going to notice the difference between 25ms and 8ms then I don't want to pay more for the latter.

Thanks in advance :cool:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Response times are very important for LCD monitors. The lower, the better. I remember a friend owning a 22" LCD with like 30ms response and I honestly couldn't play it. It hurt my eyes to see so much blur.

You'll want at most 16ms, anything lower will be better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok thanks Smith|, i'll save up a bit more and get a 17" 8ms :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there is a new technology coming out for lcds as i read in a magazine , the cathode is changed or something if i remeber right

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dell , i hate anything that comes from dell , those rip off corprate pc builders

anywho , the screens are good , but there is better , heck i would rather atm stay with a 19inch falt crt (there a few nice ones around) sure it takes more space , but i can't bear most lcd screens

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i was a moron and bought an lcd monitor with 25ms. Everything looked fine until i turned ingame. You can't make out anything, personally if you want to use the monitor for gaming, just get a good CRT monitor. If not then LCD is the way to go.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
dell , i hate anything that comes from dell , those rip off corprate pc builders

anywho , the screens are good , but there is better , heck i would rather atm stay with a 19inch falt crt (there a few nice ones around) sure it takes more space , but i can't bear most lcd screens
Dell makes awesome LCDs. You need to get over a lot of stuff, guy. CRTs were nice, but ever since I went LCD, I've never looked back. The fact that lower refresh rates on an LCD don't hurt your eyes (Since LCDs don't refresh like CRTs) is almost enough incentive for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I can't afford that monitor, plus it's too big, bigger than i'd need.

I've been looking around for 17" LCD's with 8ms, it's a shame newegg don't ship to the UK :(

Edit: Found a 17" TFT LCD

* 17" TFT LCD
* Silver
* TCO '99, 1280 x 1024, 150(H),135(V) DEGREES
* 270cd/m2, 450:1
* 12ms
* Analogue
* ISO 13406-2
* Internal Power Supply

£140/$240, good deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom