Monitor problems - need immediate please.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm on my friends computer, and he's been having a recent problem with his monitor. Everytime he opens a window (whether it be My Computer, Mozilla, etc.) The screen starts flashing, like dark to light. Continuously. Its as if the monitor is trying to give us a seizure ;/. ANY HELP?! greatly appriciated.

ALSO NOTE:::!
When i opened newgrounds (http://www.newgrounds.com), it stops flashing, but when i open a flash movie there, it begins again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
buy a new monitor. seems like the monitor has seen better days, and is either really ancient or has been raped by your friend every night for the last 6 months.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure the VGA cable is secure. You can always try just turning the monitor off for a few hours and see if that does anything. Otherwise, yea... bring a priest.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it could be his gfx card (theres always that posibility , maybe he oced his gfx card and or it heats up alot causing the screen to show distored crappy pixels) or it could possibly be his refresh rate , but i would say it's probably time for a funeral (R.I.P you Crappy monitor , DIE!!!!!) or if it still has warranty on it , claim it under warranty if you can

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RandyHobo said:
it could be his gfx card (theres always that posibility , maybe he oced his gfx card and or it heats up alot causing the screen to show distored crappy pixels) or it could possibly be his refresh rate , but i would say it's probably time for a funeral (R.I.P you Crappy monitor , DIE!!!!!) or if it still has warranty on it , claim it under warranty if you can
I really doubt it'd be his graphics card. It's most likely his monitor.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Kaination said:
I'm on my friends computer, and he's been having a recent problem with his monitor. Everytime he opens a window (whether it be My Computer, Mozilla, etc.) The screen starts flashing, like dark to light. Continuously. Its as if the monitor is trying to give us a seizure ;/. ANY HELP?! greatly appriciated.

ALSO NOTE:::!
When i opened newgrounds (http://www.newgrounds.com), it stops flashing, but when i open a flash movie there, it begins again.
That monitor is at its end of its life.

Note when you scroll, the screen flickers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom