One last help please

Best answers
Sorry to bother you guys again.
I got my Half-Life CD and i installed it at \Program Files\Half-Life\, but where do i install steam? I already got steam for Half-Life 2 or do i need to install another steam at \Program Files\Half-Life\ .

Best answers
do i need to install Half-Life at C: \Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\your@account?

Best answers
Register your cd-key on steam,download HL when its on the my games list,and then run HL once and then install esf,i think it will automaticly pick the sub folders

Best answers
Thx guys,btw is there such thing as CD-key expired date?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope

the only thing is that if someone guesses it you cant use it

Best answers
So i install ESF at C: \Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\your@account???

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your@account is a placeholder I used for your actual Steam account.

Your ESF directory should look like this:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOUR ACTUAL ACCOUNT DO NOT COPY THIS PART\half-life\esf

Best answers
GUYS HELP!!!! I buy HALF-LIFE Platinum collection and i installed half-life at c: \SIERRA\Half-Life and when i installed ESF at c: \SIERRA\Half-Life it can't work!HELP WHAT DO I DO????

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-_-.

You cannot run ESF from sierra\half-life.

Get steam at: http://www.steampowered.org (im pretty sure)

Once that is, run steam. A menu should pop up. Click Play games, then right click Half Life, and install. If it already is installed, then click play game. Play it once, then get the 1.2.3 installation of ESF at http://www.esforces.com

Install that into: steam\steamapps\[email protected]\half-life. Install, then open Steam (if the play games window while you installed and afyter, then open and close). Then under '3rd party games' there should be a game labeled 'Earth's special Forces'. Double click and a loading thing should come up 'Loading Half-life'. This is normal, just wait and let it load and play. :]

If you honestly cannot understand this, PM me or something. I'll hlep you step my step.

Best answers
Thx i can play ESF now but did anyone know that the bots can talk????

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jea they talk also Rick made some procedures taht if you say a certain word they react in saying something else.

Its in a DLL file in the ESF dir. YOu can edit it with aney normal text editor. Basicly it looks like C++ if you ask me.

Anyhow have fun ^^

Best answers
HELP!!!!!Why the game got crash sometimes when i use super powers such as Kamehameha, what should i do??????!!!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds like you have 1.2.1 it had a big crash bug if not then try to reinstall

Best answers
no i use 1.2.3 sometimes it lags and the screen stuck.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
give me some more info like what graphics mode you aer using (you know software, OpenGL, Direct3D)

Best answers
try taking off 24 bit graphics in the option in esf some older graphics cards can't handle it and it's freezes. try running esf in D3D if that does not work i would surgested that you use software.

Best answers
Thx guys it don't freeze now coz i use D3D 32 bit.By the way, did u notice the senzu bean bag is stuck on the floor in the esf_riverside map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom