DBZ - Ultimate Uncut Special Edition

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just wondering around the world wide wait as usual, when I thought, "I wonder what DBZ.com's been up to all this time?" To find there re-releasing Dbz with the original uncut jap footage.
As Ive recently been trying to get hold of the series again after all these years, I thought "GREAT! rereleased! tons easier to get!"
But... I cant find any info on it whatsoever other than whats writen on the back of the box... what do you get? whats the difference in box sets? how will I get my grubby UK hands on those sets?
If anyone could PLEASE shed some light on whats going on, you not only get a cookie for your troubles, you get a whole cookie JAR.

"Original Uncut Japanese Footage
- Completely Uncut Original Footage
- Remastered Sound in Dolby Digital 5.1"

"Earth's peace is forever shattered by the hostile arrival of an alien mercenary whose evil knows no bounds. This new menace's campaign of terror begins by ruthlessly beating Earth's greatest hero within an inch of his life. Complicating matters is the shocking revelation that there is more to this sinister invader than meets the eye."

Trailer

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Um...

solidus said:
I cant find any info on it whatsoever other than whats writen on the back of the box... what do you get? whats the difference in box sets? how will I get my grubby UK hands on those sets?
For those in the Uk, just found
http://www.citycyberanime.com
Gonna give em a try, Ill tell yall what happens ;)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah, apparently they got all the voice actors back in, but I dont know If it was for a total re-dub (unlikely) or just for the "added" parts.
Il let you know tomorow ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is a total redub, if you get the Saiyan Showdown DVD they have the Buu Saga voices. Sean Schemmel didn't voice Goku until the Ginyu Saga, ditto with Chris Sabbat (who happens to be a producer at FUNi too) and Vegeta. So they're redubbing/uncutting the Saiyan and Namek Sagas, they've got uncut versions of everything else after that for sale.

It does of course mean the numbering will be screwed up, the Uncut is 15 episodes longer than the crappy job Pioneer and the Ocean Group did.

EDIT: I wonder if they'll redo the first Saga of Dragonball (Emporer Pilaf Saga) because that one was edited to crap as well before FUNi stepped in, and you can't buy the uncut dubbed version anywhere because it doesn't exist.

Best answers
Noooooo!!!! Vegeta isn't badass unless Brian Drummond is involved!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom