Best answers
i know this isn't really related to esf but i'm not happy people ;(

too many people miss spell Broly eg.

Brolli
Brolly
Broli
brolley
Broley

IT'S BROLY OK! it's spelt like that on the movie cover and in dbz games so can you plz say it correct?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
me thinks this will be either closed or moved to anime ^^

Anyhow i dont see a big deal. its a name and nothing more. And how its spelled is all just a translation thing. It depends on the translation.

My opinion on this: pointless

Best answers
srry people. it's just somthing i wanted to get of my chest.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Broly is the official FUNimation spelling.

However, the Japanese spelling doesn't have a set word for it. It sounds like Burori, which translates to Brolly, but seeing as it's down to interpretation it could also be Broli or Brolli. I think it sounds better as Brolly rather than Broly, but that's the official spelling so i'll go with it.

Remember, Brolly was around long before FUNimation dubbed movie 8 and made him Broly, so it's no wonder the name stuck with fans.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
like mentioned, its due to translation, Japanese dont have letters, its all sound based, so you could translate Broly into whatever sounds like it, like in actual fact Vegeta sounds more like Bejita in japanese, its however you think it should sound.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
why not just call him stupid random *** *** movie villian whos totally overrated and sucks *****.
that would be a proper name for him.

Best answers
i support that everyones got there own opinions (exept dj ready's coment :\ )
call Bro(insert other letters here)
whatever you want :)

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
it is in fact Brolli. no-one cares about the english dub names of any anime, they usually sound stupid or look ***. Just stick to the japanese names.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Right...and the Japanese name isn't necessarily Brolli, as has been said, there's no definitive name for him in Japanese, it's down to the sound and how you write it phonetically. Could as easily be Brolly.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
so raged-.-

iirc, "brolly" is an umbrella lol

itr

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
If you get angry over something small like this, I wonder what you are like when someone changes the wallpaper on your pc..

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
if brolly would be wrighted as broly, you would say broooly (longer o) which sounds rather stupid, so thats why most people type brolly, and brolli looks more like a japenese translation

Best answers
You can romanise the Japanese in a variety of different ways, none are really "wrong", however the spelling that allows people to most easilly pronounce the name correctly is usually taken as the "correct" version.

As a side point most people pronounce Goku incorrectly. That spelling read by a native english speaker will put the emphasis on Go. The emphasis is supposed to be on the end giving a long U sound, its actually pronounced Gokuu.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
true and If you listen good you can hear that Frieza sounds more like Friezer so its all a mather of how you hear it

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
He's the Legendary Super Saiyan :O!!!

And appears in 3 of his own movies, that's got to count for something.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive seen two of his movies and they both sucked the big one.

Super Moderator
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
When translating words from a language that use a different alphabet than English, it is usually done phonetically. In other words, how it sounds in English.

So Brolli, Broli, Brolly, Broly, all sound the exact same in practice. And technically, none of them are wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom