Venice Core 2.8ghz capable board recommendation

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i am deciding what i should get in terms of a nforce4 mainboard. i also am getting a 3200+ venice but can't decide between two boards , ethier a msi k8n diamond or some deluxe dfi board

or could someone else recommend a differ board to what i'm thinknig of that will be able to take the 2.8ghz overclock on a 3200+ venice core

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say to go with the DFI board, assuming your talking about the DFI Lanparty Ultra something-or-other. It has extremely good reviews, and is definately top of the line. Almost all reviews i've read on it are extremely positive and have almost no bad merits. I don't really know too much about that MSI board your talking about though, but even so, that DFI mobo looks to be the #1 on the market.

Wait a minute, OC'ing to 2.8ghz? That's awesome, you'll have to throw up some benchmarks later so I can see how much you pulverise my computer :p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
I'd say to go with the DFI board, assuming your talking about the DFI Lanparty Ultra something-or-other. It has extremely good reviews, and is definately top of the line. Almost all reviews i've read on it are extremely positive and have almost no bad merits. I don't really know too much about that MSI board your talking about though, but even so, that DFI mobo looks to be the #1 on the market.

Wait a minute, OC'ing to 2.8ghz? That's awesome, you'll have to throw up some benchmarks later so I can see how much you pulverise my computer :p.
Seconded. And 2.8GHz is nothing for a venice core at the moment ;o.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
Seconded. And 2.8GHz is nothing for a venice core at the moment ;o.
Wow, I knew the new venice cores could do some hardcore OC'ing, but 2.8 is nothing? How high can they get up to then?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe some reviewer got one up to over 2.8ghz with stock cooler and voltage.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
link me smith the great tech god :eek: :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom