Steam Trading Cards

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Steam Trading Cards are virtual cards earned by playing games on Steam that can be combined into game badges.
Collect cards
Play any of the participating Trading Cards Beta games to get trading cards. Up to half the card set is dropped through game play, the other half is earned through your collecting prowess.

Craft game badges
Once you've collected a set of cards you can craft them into a game badge. Like the current badges, they are tied to your account and are shown on your profile. Unlike the current badges, crafting games badges earns you tradable items like emoticons, profile backgrounds, and coupons. Level up your badge by collecting the set again and earning more items.

Level up
All badges now have XP which contributes to your Steam Level, a summary of your badge collection. You can view someone's Steam Level by hovering over their avatar. Leveling up earns you non-tradable items like profile showcases, extra friends list slots, and more.

Joining the beta
If you'd like to participate in the beta, just join this group! We’ll send out email notifications (plus some extra invites) in the order of members joined.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wait... Did I get it right ? You can turn them into steam games ?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dammit Valve, as though everyone collecting hats wasn't crazy enough. >.<

Also, you turn them into badges, not games.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like fun. Not very useful but it's a nice addition.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I got my Beta. I started out at level 7 almost level 8. Interesting little thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom