DragonBall GT

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They said PAN couldn't go SSJ because she was only 1/4th Saiyan, NOT because she was female.
They couldn't get a good design for a female SSJ. DBO, which is supervised and designed by Toriyama, has SSJs (including female) that have very low percentage of Saiyan blood.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Akira should make another manga thats after Z... i mean a real series... GT was ok, but the ending was poooooo D:

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought your uncle ruined your childhood?
My Uncle started me on GT. Made me watch it during the abuse. "See! See how the dragon balls have their own spirits hidden inside them!" He'd say to me as he made me take my pants off...

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The end of DB GT is ridiculous, Goku can not die, Akira would never do that.
If DBZ continue, I'm sure he will appear old, but I doubt dead.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I liked DBGT ending so much. I watched it twice & I cried like a baby. It was emotional and moving. It's great closure which shut the door for eventual continuation.

Also DB ended and I doubt it will continue. Actually I prefer not because further sagas & stuff would kill this franchise. Even with Akira himself it would be hard to create new story which wouldn't be predictable and cliche which would fit rest of the story. It's been 15 years since DBGT ended & if it meant too happen it would be happening long time ago. DB Kai got cancelled in Japan so now chances are even smaller.

Also while Dragon Ball is most popular M/A in the world & it's predescor for any other shonens I consider many Manga/Anime better in every asprect. I'm huge fan for sentimental reasons. I consider plot boring especially after Frieza saga. There wasn't much tactic in fights too just transes big flashes, huge beams & powerlevels. Also that the reason why I prefer first DB series over DBZ.

Things I would like to see is manga or anime based on DBO. That would be nice restart and interesing, considering DBO story.

Backing to GT Akira had some involement. He was consultant and they used some of his ideas. Initial drawings of SSJ4 was made by him but later studio changed it. Also I always thought that idea of Evil Dragons & broken dragon balls is brilliant. They executed it badly, whole arc was too short & kinda bad but idea alone was genius. I mean I always considered Dragon Balls as big cheat even with all their limits. It would be logical that there is greater price for overusing them.

Oh BTW in DBO there is some reference to GT. Trunks looks similar to his GT counterpart (he have similar clothes & hair) and his some sort of partner in story quests is robot named GBT-Hope which looks exactly like Gill. Considering the fact that Akira supervise whole thing I'm assume that maybe Gill and outfit of Trunks in GT was his idea. I mean NTL who created DBO wouldn't use DBGT stuff if it wasn't Toriyama's idea right ?

Last edited:
Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well GT was in my opinion a waste of time watching. The only thing I liked a bit was the ending..

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well GT was in my opinion a waste of time watching. The only thing I liked a bit was the ending..
Same here. I always had the feeling that i'm watching something else.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In DBGT, we learn that there is an entire Universe of beings of equal or greater power to a SSJ, and it's incredibly common. That just really frustrated me. Totally removed the epicness of the whole SSJ is the "Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy" thing.

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I never watched GT. does it suck?
Yes in my opinion it does..

In DBGT, we learn that there is an entire Universe of beings of equal or greater power to a SSJ, and it's incredibly common. That just really frustrated me. Totally removed the epicness of the whole SSJ is the "Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy" thing.
You're so right.. I actually became sad when Goku got beating up, even in his SSJ 1 form =/ And not to meantion SSJ 4 -.- That was just sad

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't know that about GT, but that's pretty awesome. There's always someone faster, or stronger or just better than you. Always.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but when the entire DBZ series is building how SSJ is a Legendary Warrior that the entire Galaxy knows of, even the people whom created life, the Kais are awe-inspired by, and then suddenly, they're weak?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The entire series was also building up to Gohan being the ultimate badass, but that didn't end up being the focal point, either. Also, strength and weakness are based on perception. SSJs were still boss as ****. Just not as boss as a few other dudes who, in turn, were weaker than other dudes, and so on and so forth. SSJ also became pretty much irrelevant when everyone went SSJ203901032102 and still weren't strong enough, so they had to fuse 12 dudes to create a being made of penii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom