The State of the ESF Forums

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its been a while, ESF, since you and I talked.

So here it is. We have not been doing the best job we possibly can policing the board.

That's not to say we aren't being Nazi enough, or that we're being too Nazi. No, we're not here enough to be either. That's something that has to be fixed. Not everyone was playing with the same rules, and it caused some confusion. That confusion has ended.

All people involved in administrative decisions that are still active discussed what needed to be addressed:

1) Inequal leveraging of the rules against certain actions:

All members will be held to the same standards. Karrde and Myself will deal with user infractions and disciplinary action as well as policing policy. Fuzzy and Skyrider will tend to the technical end of administrating the board, and concentrate their efforts there. This does not mean that Sky and Fuzzy will not act in obvious cases of need, nor will Karrde and myself ignore requests such as name changes. We have decided to divide the labor so that there is always someone tending to the problem. If you have a problem with an individual's actions, please use the report post button. Do not make frivolous reports, this too will earn you infraction points.

2) AUP clarifications across the board.

The original non-condensed AUP has returned, I suggest reading it thoroughly as there are many changes which will be inforced immediately.

3) Inadequate staffing levels.

We are aware that none of the old mods are active, and so we will ask you, the ESF community to promote from itself peace officers to help uphold the rule of law. You may not nominate yourself, of course. All candidates will be thoroughly vetted so be sure to argue your case for this person's elevated forum priveleges. Those who have records that do not reflect the values we feel are neccesary for moderator status will be considered, but heavily scruitinized.

4) Difinitive lines that cannot be crossed regarding behavior.

When we say permanent from this day forward, it will be permanent. No more do overs. If we find out that you have evaded a permanent ban, you will be re-banned as many times as it takes. That said, account sharing that allows a banned member to return to the Forums will be grounds for ban sharing. Sharing accounts with elevated priveleges, like Moderator status or Force Pit access, will result in a timed ban and relief of those duties and priveleges.

Regarding the recent account sharing issues that had several long time members, in reasonable standing if not excellent standing, banned for obvious reasons, we have decided that the following individuals are to be unbanned, with time served:

Prozac
Hybrid

The following individual is unbanned, again with time served due to certain controversies over his banning:

Damaera

The following individual will serve out the remainder of the ban:

Eon

The first thee individuals will have infraction points added to their account that will last a period of six months. If any other infractions are gained in this time frame. They will be re-banned. Eon returns without such stipulations, but you will also note that his ban is not overturned, and will continue to count against him should he decide to cut loose again.

I hope that we can get this behind us and work towards being a community again. Please remember to read the new AUP for changes, to nominate solid members for moderator, and finally, remember to discuss the events within this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As an addendum, the new AUP is not yet live. When it is, everyone will be required to read it via forum plug-in.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you, Cuc. <3

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Finally we got damaera back. :)

Dieby has the best grammar just like every other staff/officers just created.

FP Wannabe
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So... can we start nominating already?

Edit: Oops, just seen the other thread.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also I'd like to personally apologize to you guys, and to the forum staff (again) for all of the trouble I've caused over the past couple of months, and the douchebaggery that has been committed for pretty much the past two years. I'm not going to go into detail and give reasons about why I committed these acts, but again, I'd just like to apologize for everything that has happened. It's completely understandable if some of you are still upset with me.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh look, Dam is growing up.

Welcome back. ;)

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's another/second chance for you guys so use it well. Welcome back. ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Looks like the matter is solved. Lets make this community the best one.

Welcome back guys.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome back, Dam! When all these bans are over and done with, we can be one big happy (yet rather dysfunctional) family!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Thanks for the feedback Cuc!

:D

Welcome back Hybrid / Dam / Prozac ^^

Best answers
I think Saiyan_Overlord is due for a second chance.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, so lets please note, the trolling ends here. I'd hate to really start leveraging my bansaber again.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like to Say sorry to damaera For the way i acted on the chat box early this evening i rash rude and out of line Sorry dam maybe we can make a new start.

Best answers
In my opinion, the rules and restrictions on this forum are being enforced to a degree that is disproportionate to the size and activity level of its user base. They are noble, and well meaning, and I'm sure there are outliers in regards to user behavior with posts and "walking-the-line", but generally, this place isn't frequented by current users nor is it visited by first timers enough to warrant the tight noose around everyone's necks.

I'm not suggesting a free reign atmosphere of lawlessness and anarchy, but more just a variation on laissez-faire with a bit of an invisible guiding hand occasionally.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all. "

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom