Duel Mode?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno, could be a plugin or something; but playing alot of JKA always made me enjoy the ability to have a 1 on 1 fight in a server with alot of people; hiding others not in the fight.

Considering the Quake origins of each game engine, I am sure it'd be possible...

Basically player 1 goes up to Player 2, presses a key assigned to "Challenge", player 2 presses the button back, they enter duel mode. All other people on the servers & their attacks are made invisible, the two dueling can be seen by others in a hologram like style, but cannot be affected by attacks, nor affect others with their attacks.

A common problem I see on servers is kill stealing; and with the fact that melee is no longer going to have a invincible bubble, I think it'd be great.

I read about Tournament mode, and that sounds great, but I am talking during a normal servers gameplay, if you wanna just have some 1 V 1 action, but with a large selection of opponents.

You can also choose to be melee only, or allow beams, it works like this in JKA, you can choose Force powers or no Force powers when you start a duel.

Just think it'd be interesting / useful. Engines are alike, so I imagine it could be done, could be a plugin someone makes too, as JA+ adds this stuff for Jedi Academy.

[video=youtube;RhK7G7LS8Ew]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhK7G7LS8Ew[/video]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A tournament mode for 2 people?

I mean Challenging someone in a MMO is different. But This will more then likely need to be a plugin.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jedi Academy isn't a MMO, though. It's a Third Person Saber'er? Game, dunno the proper term, but yeah.

How many times have you been fighting a guy 1 VS 1, nice, evenly matched, all of a sudden you hear a beam sound, bam, you and him both die from some guy observing from the distance.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats part of the game. Are you saying you don't do it too?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats part of the game. Are you saying you don't do it too?
Part of the game or no, my suggestion is just a way for two people who meet on the server and are having a good fight, don't have to leave to another private server to have a good match, is all.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ye its called setting up a duel server talking to this guy over steam give him the pass to the server and fight him one on one

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am up for Mkil's suggestion. Having a battle royale is fun and all, but there's nothing like pwning the dude who just challenged you without any outside interference.

You have servers with or without the Duel feature. When having a tournament, this would help since it refills the health and ki for that match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom