Best answers
Pokemon Go + HoloLens = ????

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is so damn interesting about Pokemon? I found the show boring and repetitive even as a kid.

Best answers
Different people has different attitudes,interests. Someone likes pokemon, other ppl likes more digimon or yugioh for example. So for pokemon fans this app will make em happy

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So... there's no rational answer.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would argue that not being able to see how people might have other preferences compared to some people is pretty irrational as well.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A lack of ability... irrational? Not that I lack the ability in question, but that didn't make any sense.

Proud owner of Half-Life
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
What is so damn interesting about Pokemon? I found the show boring and repetitive even as a kid.
It's boring for you, it's good for someone else. Life is different for everyone, even if it's repetitive.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which is why I'm asking what's so interesting about Pokemon.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
It's virtual cockfight but instead of cocks you get "interpretations" of various "animals" that you can evolve into other "animals" that you can imprison them into a small ball. Shit's super addicting yo.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess the fact it's boring and repetitive beat all of that, which is why I have no nostalgia for this nonsense.

Yup, I do not see any reason to like Pokemon besides nostalgia.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Haha, wow. The casual games market has exploded via social media and smartphone apps. Do you not find these games very repetitive as well with no real depth? Like someone said, Pokemon is addicting just as these are. I would argue that Pokemon even has more depth, a story and an ultimate goal - other examples do not but have millions of downloads and people pay good money for it (each day).

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not talking about games. I'm talking about Pokemon.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
hleV, you could just attempt to respect the opinions of others instead of trying to dissect the concise reasoning behind their appreciation. While I don't play these games much anymore, I still know people of both genders that do in their 20s. The ad seemed to be directed at an older crowd anyway if you take into account the fact they only showed first-generation Pokemon in the trailer (excluding the age of the actors). It's bound to be explosive, because Pokemon.

I'll probably try it out.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said I'm not talking about games. I would play this myself if it was fun, regardless that it's based on a boring and repetitive show.

Why do people go crazy about Pokemon in general is beyond me, though.

Proud owner of Half-Life
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Like I said I'm not talking about games. I would play this myself if it was fun, regardless that it's based on a boring and repetitive show.

As I said, people loves it. I don't even know why you are replying in something you don't like, though.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Other way round Hlev.

The boring repetitive show is based on the game. The anime itself is nothing more than a marketing ploy to get people interested in (initially) the card game and later on the gameboy games.

And while i find it as much of a bore as you do, i see no difference between this and "insert name here" mmo game. Since lets face it they all share the same repetitive nature. And lets not forget that WoW is one of the most guilty examples of this, yet is thus far the most successfull MMO in history.

So while you are asking about the anime itself, you are pretty much asking "what people find interesting in a commercial" And the answer is. Not much. They do however like the games, and this is a game where any person you meet on the street is a potential player you can challenge.

There isnt much depth to the game. Its all just grinding for levels, but thats what makes it really accessible to a wide audience compared to other RPG like titles with actual depth to their combat. Less to learn, means getting to the action faster, and simpler commands means less time thinking amd nore time attacking. People flock to such designes because our life style is fast and hectic. Meaning they dont want to spend valiuable time learning stuff for something they want to do as enjoyment.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You grind in MMOs to achieve something. You don't achieve anything by watching a boring and repetitive show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom