Is playing against hackers too risky?

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Last night i was playing with 2 hackers on CS: GO for 2 hours at night and went to bed at 12. And when i wake up Today at 9 am and came back on the computer AND signed in. I open Google chrome, then typed "Jesus" then hit enter. Suddenly, the page sent me to Yahoo Web Search. I didn't ask for that so i typed Google. It sent me back to Yahoo web search again!

Remember when i said my account got stolen in 2013 because of some dumb advertisement on Steam? that happen. They tried to do it again this year which is hopeless. thanks for the Anti-malware program and got rid of "unwanted hidden files" on my computer or otherwise i would have lose my account completely.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because someone uses hacks in an online game doesn't mean that they're computer hackers. Your default search engine got changed to yahoo, that's all.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well Dam. It happened to me 2 times.

Back in 2013. I was playing CS: Source with a hacker in Militia 24/7 nightserver 30/32 people. He was spraying all of us like hell with a machine gun giving face shoots by holding his mouse and I have tried to kill him in 10 rounds but no chance so i left the server. Meanwhile, the advertisement popped up and it's sending me free games. I shouldn't have clicked yes and somehow some guy sent me a link for free games. After i clicked it, i see baby coloured backgrounds. I've never seen such a thing like this. So after i register from that website, my account has been compromised and stolen so i have to go to my next door neighbor and get my account back. then in 2 months i got another computer.

They tried to do it in 2015 and damn, you all don't know this. Yet, Damaera, you're implying that I'm only talking about cheaters. Not only them but hackers too.

But you know what, I should probably get my router checked because I think i am having some kind of security issues that my firewall is not blocking.

Last edited:
Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
How about using a decent firewall+antivir+proper router settings+using some brain and not install all the shit wich comes with bundles(like deamon tools and whatnot) and rly...when you get a link for "free" games with a weird site and even register there...dude then it's your own fault. And btw...it's not an easy task to hack someone's computer throught a game. Games don't let much communication out of their space(OS got protection against code executing code out of their scope). And ppl who "hack" in a game are at allmost 100% script-kiddies who just downloaded some game hacks...including some malware. So the hackers are in more danger to get rly hacked than you are when you're playing on a server where someone uses "hacks" or cheats

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeaah it's like one of those stories: "My account was hacked! How did he figure out my password?" "Your password was 1234567"

You don't protect your computer properly and you follow links that are too good to be true, you'll reap what you sow.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Actually, I had this at one point. When I checked my services. Gsafe had installed itself while I was playing. I put it down to the Flash security hole though. Go to C:\Windows\Temp and wipe everything in there, then do a full virus scan with your scanner and Malwarebytes.

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This topic smells of troll fat

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Then you're just giving too much detail, which makes the whole thing quite awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom