Final Fantasy VII Remake

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

If this doesn't come out for PC like the original did, I will cry.

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
i hear ff7 is like one of the best games ever, and also the best of the final fantasy series. i've never played it before. what's it like 0o. is it really that awesome???? i am excited to be able to play it for the first time remade/remastered. going to be epic, or at least i hope XD

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well it's about damn time. I was hoping for some gameplay footage, but at least they are finally doing this.
The fans have been asking, no begging for the last 10 years to get this done.

Vector, FF7 was one of the most popular Final Fantasy games out of the whole series.
The main reason, it was very different from the previous titles. Yet in many ways it still a final fantasy game.
The turn based fighting, the summons, the airships, the magic, and chocobos. These are the elements you find in every Final Fantasy game.
What made FF7 different, it was the first to show blood, it was the first to show adult type material, and it introduced many great things that makes the series what it is today.
Final Fantasy 7 was the first to go in the world of 3d graphics. 7 introduced the full motion video cut scenes that we all love so much. Even though they are only there to cover up load screens.
I could go on and on about it. For me 7 was my favorite because it was the first final fantasy game I ever played.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hear ff7 is like one of the best games ever, and also the best of the final fantasy series. i've never played it before. what's it like 0o. is it really that awesome???? i am excited to be able to play it for the first time remade/remastered. going to be epic, or at least i hope XD
It's on sale on todays Steam sale for $6 if you want to buy it. I've been meaning to play the game for the first time so I grabbed it.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well it's about damn time. I was hoping for some gameplay footage, but at least they are finally doing this.
The fans have been asking, no begging for the last 10 years to get this done.

Vector, FF7 was one of the most popular Final Fantasy games out of the whole series.
The main reason, it was very different from the previous titles. Yet in many ways it still a final fantasy game.
The turn based fighting, the summons, the airships, the magic, and chocobos. These are the elements you find in every Final Fantasy game.
What made FF7 different, it was the first to show blood, it was the first to show adult type material, and it introduced many great things that makes the series what it is today.
Final Fantasy 7 was the first to go in the world of 3d graphics. 7 introduced the full motion video cut scenes that we all love so much. Even though they are only there to cover up load screens.
I could go on and on about it. For me 7 was my favorite because it was the first final fantasy game I ever played.
This^^! It was the first FF game I played as well which sparked my small obsession with all things FF. It was the game that introduced me to an amazing series. Today I play FFXIV and I enjoy it both as a FF fan and a MMO enthusiast. But Phrack, you forgot about the music! FF7 has one of the more memorable soundtracks made by Nobuo Uematsu. Also, I believe that FF7 has been the game in the entire franchise which has had several spin-offs such as 3 whole games, "Before Crisis", "Crisis Core" and "Dirge of Cerberus" as well as an entire movie - set in FF7's universe. I have been waiting for a remake since PS2 and had my hopes shattered when they made the Midgar introduction only for it to be a technical demo for the PS3 console and not a remake as I initially thought.

Proud owner of Half-Life
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I still don't trust it. I love Square they put out great games but I just don't trust it yet.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The outdated battle system (ATB) and the goddamn random encounters might put you off (some people love it to this day, but I never liked that kind of gameplay personally) but literally everything else in this game is amazing. The characters, the story, the environments, even the music that I rarely care for in video games, they're all top tier. Well there's these LEGO player models, but it's one of the first 3D games.

What I like so much about it is the in-universe logic. You don't simply turn FFVII on and see characters use magic and whatnot as if it's a completely common thing (just like in other FF games), there's explanation to mostly everything. I do have some gripe about how normal (perhaps trained, but still) humans in your party and other major human characters appear superhuman compared to the usual human being (even in FFVII world) and don't seem to be too far behind special characters/beings. In the game it could be explained as "they're using magic/summons to beat shit up and are still normal humans" but human feats displayed in Advent Children disagree with that.

The story is complicated and if you wish to understand it fully you may need to go through the game a few times AND do some research about officially confirmed information that is unavailable in the game. It's worth it. I'm pretty picky for such things and yet I deem FFVII's story to be one of if not the best video game story ever (I haven't played FFVI...).

But to each their own. You may not like the game. I know a few people that don't (even if for invalid reasons). People suggested KOTOR to me the way I'm suggesting FFVII to you now and I only beat KOTOR after giving it a try and uninstalling twice. I now consider KOTOR and KOTOR2 to be among the greatest games. But then people suggested me the Mass Effect series and it was complete garbage as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, people have been wanting for HD FFVII remake for a long time. Surely that suggests something.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL

Hopefully they don't **** up the combat, it seems they've been steering away from the traditional turn based combat system that FF7 (as well as a million other RPGs) had. Hopefully they don't change it too much.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mind them adding additional stuff (from the Compilation and whatnot) as long as the original scenes and events aren't altered so much that it would matter. Crisis Core added Genesis in the Mako Reactor sequence for instance, and supposedly the newer stuff retcons the older.

Also the old battle system sucks balls and is redundant for everything except nostalgia (for which go play the ******* original game). Knowing what the characters in FFVII can do, I want to make a timed attack dodge, I want to jump in the air and swing my Buster Sword in that dragon's face, I don't want to go through menu options to make a turn-based attack. You have FFVII for that shit, let the remake be more action-y.

Discord Member
Best answers
Well let's hope the dialogue improves. The advantage of some games not being V.A.-ed is that you may miss how cringe worthy the dialogue is (at least in some places)

Also apparently it's been confirmed it's just a timed PS4 exclusive.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/16/e3-2015-final-fantasy-7-pc-ps4-port/
so they are having a PC port version coming to PS4 and ALSO an HD Remake?

I wonder when the remake will be released. I think i'd just wait for that one to come out.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In some interview:

"we can't have these upgraded, beautiful 3D models of Cloud and Barrett, still lining up in a row, jumping forward to attack an enemy, then jumping back to wait for their next turn. That would be bizarre. Of course there will likely be changes there."
So at the very least, it most likely won't be the same kind of ATB.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Won't be the same kind of ATB.

Best answers
the reason ff7 was so "hip" was because it was the first 3d one,

the storyline of #3 wiped the floor with #7, but it wasnt as pretty looking.

although i was one of the few people who enjoyed ff8, so take my opinion as you will. I spent more time on the card minigame than i ever did in ff7

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Apparently the best thing about ff8 was that damn mini-game. I heard so much good stuff about it, I'm starting to wonder if there is a standalone version of just that mini game out there somewhere.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked FF8. Evil sorceresses that are controlled by another evil sorceress from the future? Can't be bad. I didn't have a problem with Squall's character, my problem was that he was 17 and was given the control of SeeD. Oh and I really, really hated Laguna sequences.

http://squallsdead.com/ FTW.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i will admit the part of the story pertaining to sorceresses and whatnot was pretty weak, but the story if the individual characters themselves seemed more human.

clouds concerns were saving the world, and few of the characters were really big enough in the game to care about them. Squall just wanted to save his girl. It was a lot easier for me to fall into his shoes as a player. It just seemed more "real" to me. The battle system was decent once you got your draws down but it sucked til then. But story wise, IMO ff8 was one of my favorites.

there actually is (or was) an online multiplayer version of the ff8 card game, i forget what it was called but it used to be pretty active.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While Cloud did show concern for the Planet (especially when he regained his real self), it seems to me that his main purpose was still to settle with Sephiroth. For burning his hometown and ******* with him in general. Well and there's this Jenova Reunion Theory...

FF8 card game is called Triple Triad, shouldn't be too much problem looking its multiplayer up on the internet. Anyway I played the newer FF8 release that has a handicap option in its game launcher that lets you restock full tier one magic for free, so the game didn't get too annoying in the magic drawing part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom