A beam struggle question

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒน Regular Rosรฉ
Best answers
Just a quick question about beam struggling, i read somewhere that when you start a beam struggle it will "straighten" the beams so they align with each other forming a straight line.
My question is, what will happen if two players facing opposite directions release a beam and then turn the beams ? how will the struggle turn out to be ?
Heres a picture of what i mean:

beam.png

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
That is absolutely ridiculous and it could happen. Good question. I hope the devs can test this shit out. My guess is the characters remain stuck in their position and if the beams straiten they will appear as if broken and even go through the character that was originally firing it.

I wouldn't be concerned though. Even though this could happen the odds should be fairly low, unless...

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Cant beam struggles dont work ATM ^^

Though knowing the system, the beams would pretty much flatten out and go through the players.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒน Regular Rosรฉ
Best answers
Maybe an easy way to fix it is not to straighten the beams past a certain angle, or not straighten the beams at all.
Then again, some of the beams in open beta 1.3 dont turn much which makes it very difficult to emulate this situation, but it can happen on lower angles nonetheless.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
those beams look kind of suspicious...

on-topic: interesting question, I think it'll indeed go through the characters.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Cant beam struggles dont work ATM ^^

Though knowing the system, the beams would pretty much flatten out and go through the players.
oh ok :(, keep up the good work to get them working someday :)

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe an easy way to fix it is not to straighten the beams past a certain angle, or not straighten the beams at all.
Then again, some of the beams in open beta 1.3 dont turn much which makes it very difficult to emulate this situation, but it can happen on lower angles nonetheless.
Though to be fair. Beams have collision sectors. Meaning if 2 beams do not colide headon, they will not straighten out. And will instead just act like in 1.2.3

Maybe it can be sorted out by having the character force rotate to face the opponent. Then again there may be issues with multiple PS situations if we did that.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
Oh and another thing, bigger beams as Gallitgun/KHH and so on are nowhere near that mobile as generic beams. Means you can change their direction to some extend but even a full 90degree curve needs much space and time to do.

Back from the shadows
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Why not just have gen beams explode if they hit each other at a funny angle? Code it so that it will detect the curvature of the beam, say a threshold of 90 degrees. Once past that the beam will not connect and will just blow up.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not just have gen beams explode if they hit each other at a funny angle? Code it so that it will detect the curvature of the beam, say a threshold of 90 degrees. Once past that the beam will not connect and will just blow up.
Cant do multiple PS then. Besides this allows for one person to fire s slower beam, and the second person fire a faster one behind it essentially allowing a 2 person combo KI attack.

Back from the shadows
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Once they connect they can bend and curve, I was talking about beams that are flying about. Gen beams could have this particular quality to them, as in firing them in a straight-as-possible angle would make them PS. It would look cool, in my opinion, if gen beams in general just collided with one another and made explosions. Say a red gen beam hits a blue one, it would create a purple funk explosion.... hehe
Beams in DBZ tend to blow up more than struggle against each other. I think it would add intensity to the game.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I hope low charged beams aren't like the anorexic kamehameha's of 1.2.3. Size doesn't always equal power and intensity as shown with cells solar kamehameha vs gohans oh pee shooter.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
There are no low charge beams anymore.

Also what kind of name is Solar Kamehameha. The technique doesnt have variants >.>

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒน Regular Rosรฉ
Best answers
So if you decide to fire a beam quickly in Esf Final with the new system, wont it be a "lower charge" than if you fired it regularly ?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
There is only full charge. No low charge.

And while there are ways to make the charge time practically 0 (not for all beams mind you), those ways come at a cost, that may be quite high for continued play. IE a hefty chunk of your stamina.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒน Regular Rosรฉ
Best answers
By that you mean all the "big beams" have the quick charge options , just some shorter times than others, or are there big beams with no quick charge at all ?

๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
So you don't hold the charge bar for a certain amount of time and release whenever you get on or passed the checkpoint thingy?

Best answers
If i remember correctly you can use stamina to charge faster?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
So you don't hold the charge bar for a certain amount of time and release whenever you get on or passed the checkpoint thingy?
No. You either charge fully or throw away the KI you used up to that point. There is no more minimum charge.

Most all signiture attacks will have a quick charge option. Special attacks will not have them, lasers will not have them for obvious reasons, as well as generic attacks will not have them.

Examples of special attacks are the Spirit Bomb and Disc attacks and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom