ESF Final Custom Models / Costumes

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
how will it work in the final version? it was there in open beta final and it was ok, worked in first obf but broke in the last but nevermind, I believe this is the latest character select screen

is it going to work like this somehow or idk

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think you gave away that Bardock and Vegeto will be in the game. Kudos!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
If you look on the moddb page Bardock and vegeta are just remodeled skins for Goku Not actual characters.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It is an example of how custom characters would work, I'm just trying to find out if its this way or another, my mad photoshop skillz helped me xD

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Thats not god gundams model is it ? Isnt that from raging blast or burst limit ?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
So God gundam is a modeler and part of the team, why does the team need modelers ? Probably its not a 1 man job i suppose xd.
But anyway, even with the models you still need the animation quality of esf final which is not easy to match.
Also, please dont add silly af characters and transformations, xicor and ssj4 teen gohan look ugly enough on 1.2.3 > . <

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
This is something I'm interested about as well, the Open Betas had a system closely to choosing outfits in the official games where you chose a character and you then can choose his variations, but there was a video of a character select screen that ditched it out together and made those custom models integrated with the main cast. So if custom models are indeed avaliable, is it going to be like the open betas or like that video wher ethey're just considered separate characters? I would like a mix of both in that you can choose which ones are considered outfits and such, that would be cool.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The brolli model from the picture i posted is supposed to be for 1.3 final direct quote from GG

will confirm right now, that brolli model is 100% entirely my model, I made the mesh AND texture. Was a practice model for progressing my abilities as a texture artist as well as to see how much better i could do compared to the original model pack kama and I made a few years back. While i will agree some things could be better like the top of the cloth above the belt, it is a fairly accurate model proportion wise, seeing as he is my favorite dbz villain just cause hes fun, using goku like a trampoline and all in the first movie, I did do a fair amount of looking around to get him semi accurate at least in that respect. everything about that form is highly exaggerated and un-proportional to normal human anatomy, so its not a surprise it doesnt look right to a basic person.

I will also say i do plan on fixing him up a bit later down the road some more so that i can release it for a 1.3 final release after the mod is done, but thats too far into the future to give any real date on, so ill leave it at that.
So God gundam is a modeler and part of the team, why does the team need modelers ? Probably its not a 1 man job i suppose xd.
But anyway, even with the models you still need the animation quality of esf final which is not easy to match.
Also, please dont add silly af characters and transformations, xicor and ssj4 teen gohan look ugly enough on 1.2.3 > . <
Don't worry lol, ESF won't add any other characters besides the original cast goku, vegeta, gohan, trunks, krillin, piccolo, frieza, cell, buu + new to 1.3 (ginyu force), androids, and maybe tien & yamcha not sure

anyway the xicor and all af nonsense was part of an mod of a mod of a mod (hl+esf+ecx+ecx af) so yeah, lets hope thats not gonna happen to esf 1.3 final, and even if someone does it, it probably will be only client side, so only he will see his model and the rest of players will see the normal model

and yeah @SG_SSJ!, it would be cool to see maybe a mix of both custom characters and alternative costumes for original and custom characters :D
and if the maps are all done in 3d, the gold source engine wont have to process so many models for maps, only auras and attack effects so there will be more space for more costumes for the characters :D

🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
So is anyone going to answer the question on how the custom models or secondary costumes will look in the character selection screen or even if there will be any of that????????

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
And then i'm evil and remove the model compiler and/or instructions on how to use it :D muaaahahahaaa

Best answers
I really don't think that they need any modelers, apparently they have most of the needed models already modeled

Best answers
Didn't you make a decent A17 ?
Yes I did, at least that's what I think. I gave the model to DT, he would "take a look at it". He never said anything about if they would use it or not. And I also know that they have a Tien model, that's why they needed me to make Yamcha model. But as I said in my thread, I'm not going to model him because some of the devs say that Yamcha will be ingame while some other devs says that he won't be in game. So I might start working on the model IF I get a real answer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom