So, I made this cartoon.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
[video=youtube;6DF4EJyi02o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DF4EJyi02o[/video]

It revolves around this terrible joke I heard. The sequel is going to be even worse.

Thoughts? Bashings? Chakra-X, please halp me.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I love the animation! A little colour would help with the facial expressions. was hard to make out what the face was for a second at 0:22

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
Hey thanks, guys. :D Glad to see someone at least liked it. I accidentally put an unfinished version on Newgrounds, and immediately someone gave it 1 star. As pessimistic as I am, even I thought that was a little harsh.

I love the animation! A little colour would help with the facial expressions. was hard to make out what the face was for a second at 0:22
I'm open to coloring. This style I believe suits me better as I suck with colors. Plus, it saves a lot of time keeping the sketchbook aesthetic. Anyway, plenty more to come. I guess I'll throw them in this thread if I feel like it.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks and sounds very Oney G/Egoraptor inspired

Also your punchline still sounds like it has an I in it

That being said, Animation was nice

Discord Member
Best answers
Pretty much what DeverZ said. Sorry to be the one to break this to you (frankly I don't understand how you didn't realise this yourself) but this is just more of the same generic, uninspired flash cartoons that all run off the same gag of silly/ loud voices at an inappropriate time + overly dramatic facial expressions. I mean, I can understand if you want to be a piece of shit and copy something popular to make money like the scumbag you are, but what did you expect by posting this here? We aren't a bunch of 14 year old kids that start burst into laughter when a silly animated face is flashed onto the screen. Be unique, be yourself, be amazing, be all the things you should be. Don't follow what's trending in the hopes of gaining quick popularity.

"Well done, you've managed to copy what thousands of other people have done a thousand times before" - Critical Error, 2015.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
It looks and sounds very Oney G/Egoraptor inspired

Also your punchline still sounds like it has an I in it

That being said, Animation was nice
Thanks, dude. I'm getting mixed on that one, but I'll probably just leave it. I wanted to save the pitch.

Pretty much what DeverZ said. Sorry to be the one to break this to you (frankly I don't understand how you didn't realize this yourself) but this is just more of the same generic, uninspired flash cartoons that all run off the same gag of silly/ loud voices at an inappropriate time + overly dramatic facial expressions. I mean, I can understand if you want to be a piece of shit and copy something popular to make money like the scumbag you are, but what did you expect by posting this here? We aren't a bunch of 14 year old kids that start burst into laughter when a silly animated face is flashed onto the screen. Be unique, be yourself, be amazing, be all the things you should be. Don't follow what's trending in the hopes of gaining quick popularity.

"Well done, you've managed to copy what thousands of other people have done a thousand times before" - Critical Error, 2015.
I was left aghast by your careful, unwavering display of kind faculties. Truly, such poetic words passed on are nothing but a stranger to my fiendish world of malnourished mundane mediocrity. To you, sir, I brace sincerity with a passionate death grip only to hope I may convey the unending, inherent thankfulness that lies within me. Though no mere utterance will ever fully portray the depth of my thanks to you, we will have to make due with what mortality limits us with.

Critical Error, every atom of my being is screaming to you in a grateful splendor. Thank you, my friend. Also, I went ahead and altruistically corrected your spelling error. No need to thank me, as I am still everlastingly indebted to you for your magnanimous probity earlier.

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
So, instead of taking it as actual (albeit harsh) criticism, you decided to go the standard route of being salty, and replied in an unnecessarily sarcastic tone. This is why you make generic, uninspired cartoons, and it's why your art (whether it's skill or popularity) will never go anywhere in life.

Also, no, you actually misspelled the world, you didn't correct it. Where I live, and for everywhere else BUT American, the word is spelt 'realise' not 'realize' - when all else fails, and you know not of what you should speak of; you turn to grammar? Really?

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
So, instead of taking it as actual (albeit harsh) criticism, you decided to go the standard route of being salty, and replied in an unnecessarily sarcastic tone. This is why you make generic, uninspired cartoons, and it's why your art (whether it's skill or popularity) will never go anywhere in life.

Also, no, you actually misspelled the world, you didn't correct it. Where I live, and for everywhere else BUT American, the word is spelt 'realise' not 'realize' - when all else fails, and you know not of what you should speak of; you turn to grammar? Really?
As something of a linguist, sure, I can't really dignify your claim as "realize" is the older variation of the word. Your previous and continuous arrogance is so astounding it warranted my trolling. You incited my condescending behavior, as your speech doesn't carry much weight and your false assumptions about my (future) work are baseless. What you've done is see a cake a chef made, and you assume that's all the chef can do. Judging by your word use, I don't believe theorizing is your forte. This unnecessary hostility you brought, like I said, is the bane of my condescension. Until you can properly present yourself to me, you're disregarded.

Side note: Your profile states you're 21. Honestly, I'm surprised about the lack of courtesy, but then again this forum has been generally surprising to me lately.

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
Yes, well, sometimes people need to be brought down a notch, and you really need to be brought down if you think the animation you made holds any real worth or value at all. My assumptions are not false; of course you can always change what type of work you create, and this is exactly what I want you to do. Hate me, please do - hate me, and then spite me by making an incredibly wonderful animation that shows how you creative you can really be. As for how you perceive me, well; I couldn't care less. Sometimes you need to be the bad guy in life, and right now that's what I'm being.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked the animation. Didn't get the joke though.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In JTM's defense, I don't think I would take someone's criticism seriously if they called me a scumbag piece of shit either.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Had too google it. Not sure if the joke was too stupid for me or I was too stupid for the joke.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
Don't hurt yourself, hleV.

Also, thanks for the support guys. I really appreciate it.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
Somebody stop me! /doublepost

[video=youtube;WvRj36A6xbU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvRj36A6xbU[/video]

I'm so sorry, everyone.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yay people still remember me for my animations ^_____^

As for the animations, glad you aren't afraid to go frame by frame to get certain movements down! A lot of people shy from it. I do see some of that Oney/Spazkid/Egoraptor style where super-extreme facial expressions. Imo, yes, it's overly used and it's the popular thing to do now, just like how sprite movie were popular 10 years ago. But whatever you are doing these for fun, you'll probably grow your own style if you keep at it and you aren't a piece of shit for doing so, hey at least it got you animating right?

I would work on finding other avenues of humor than silly faces. Do not ignore it because we all love silly faces, I simply mean is expand, is all. Also Flash's brush quality is notoriously bad, you can counter act this a bit by zooming in more and drawing, you'll get a much cleaner stroke.

And side note, I do not get the hate that went on for the "what color is this dress" trend. I thought it was interesting that people could see two completely different colors based off how your brain was working. Two totally different realities for two humans of competent intellect, I found it fascinating for the day. Better than half of the shitty forced memes/Buzzfeed articles I get on my Facebook feed anyway.

But, anyway, keep it up!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Squealing will get you everywhere! Nice job JTM, very fluid.

And Chakra-X your are still the man UNLEASHED! for all your awesome videos!

I cant animate but if I could the script would be some thing like this...

---------------

[Goku]: What your seeing now is my sober state. After 3 drinks, this is tipsy. After 6 drinks, this is known as a tipsy person who has ascended past tipsy. Or you can just call this drunk.

[Drunk friends at the bar]: Has he really found a way to get beyond drunk? He must be bluffing!

[Goku]: And this... is to go... even... further beyond..! GLUGLUGLUGLGLUGLUGLUGLGLUGLUGLUGLGLUGLGLGLRLRGLURGLUGLURGRRGRRGLBLRGLURGLUBLUBLUGLUGLUGLUGLUG...

[Drunk friends]: Its... unreal... How is he getting this much of a buzz.

[Enthusiastic Son]: Do it dad!

[Goku]: GLUGLUGLUGRRRLRRGLRRGLRRGLGLUGLUGLUGLBRRBRBRRRLUGLUGLUGLUGLRRRBBBRRRBRBRBR...

. . .

[Goku]: Im sowwy dat it took sow muach loangewr dan deh owwers. Dihs is wahd i cawl shitfaced!

[[Goku vomits everywhere]]

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
Thanks, guys!

Nebulisreconx (I just copy-and-pasted your name), I appreciate your words and the fact you took the time to pass on a script. I have plenty of plans regarding animation and scripts, but any help is welcome!

Chakra, I also appreciate your input. Animation and general artistry are things I'm beginning to take somewhat seriously. I aim to be much better than I am now. It'd be nice to get some respect as an artist to receive that personal validation, you know? I added you on Newgrounds, by the way. Thanks again, duder! I also checked out some of your newer stuff. I really liked Eclipse Force. The animation was superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom