[Old PotW] In the meantime last updated 5/13/15

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The graphics aren't outdated, you've just grown comfortable and used to the new graphics in ESF. They still look absolutely amazing considering what engine the game is on currently.

Best answers
The graphics aren't outdated, you've just grown comfortable and used to the new graphics in ESF. They still look absolutely amazing considering what engine the game is on currently.
Yeah graphics are way beyond what was HL1 but the fact is that it's still very outdated compared to lastest PC/PS4/XBOX ONE games because you guys are waiting too long on releasing this mod without adjusting it with it's time. Graphics would have been outstanding if the mod would have been released 3-4 years ago but now it's not.
By the way, just to be clear i'm not complaining about the mod not being released yet or about the devs, this mod is still way better than those official Raging Blast or Ultimate Tenkaichi crap Bandai is releasing, i'm just giving MY opinion about the graphics.

Nebulisreconx --> But we are not in the PS3/360 gen anymore. :p
And yeah, 3DS games graphics are clearly outdated for 2015.

Last edited:
Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Just my few words to this. Technically ESF can do most of the stuff AAA games can do. They just have the proper data for the engine. ESF has not a single gloss/roughness texture, not a single correct specular texture and even most normalmaps are just baked from diffuse textures wich is plain wrong. So with the right texture data i could make ESF look like BF3, Crysis, GTA5 and so on. We even use stuff like layered materials as in UE4.
Even UE4 , Unity5 will look like a game from 1999 when you only give them a diffuse texture without the other needed textures.
So what's outdated is not the Engine itself, it's the contend the Engine has to work with -.-

Oh and as a sidenote...latest games have like 20+ programmers just for the graphics part of the Engine, ESF just got me, so you're compairing a 1 man free time work to 20+ man full paid work...UNFAIR !
Btw before i forget it..as allways heavy WIP
esf_desert_duel0007.jpg
esf_desert_duel0011.jpg
esf_desert_duel0014.jpg

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool pics Ryo, that looks really nice. I'll update the date on the title.

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Wow that looks amazing Ryo! I love the lightning and the light it appears to emit.
Really atmospheric

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
Why you won't give the beta

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The legend tells that with each request for public release, the mod gets delayed by 1 year.
Give me the game now X 7.

See you in seven years
[video=youtube;iNkrF43SZEU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNkrF43SZEU[/video]

Now on to something serious: The rain looks goddamn brilliant. I'll bet that if it also has some great sounds to go with it it will make me think I feel the smell of rain while I'm playing. And considering the fps goes so well... well done. Now let's see some snow :p

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Damn , you really nailed the atmosphere of the game, it looks so immersive.
Silly question, will the rain and thunder have sound ? If so can it be controlled in the menu ?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The legend tells that with each request for public release, the mod gets delayed by 1 year.
A 1 minute delay for every release request would be enough to delay it by years.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Sound ? no the whole game is slient :D, well still havn't found a clean thunder sound and a repeating rain sound. I don't want to rip it off other games

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Want me to do a search in my university's sound library one day?

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Might come in handy. Most thunder sounds i found have rain in them or are badly recorded. Still don't know how i solve the problem with different rain intensities and sound..

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
You could do something like this:
If the levels of rain are very low, then theres no sound but as the rain intensifies the volume starts getting louder

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'll look into the sound library and see if I can find something.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Well making sound just louder doesn't give the impression of more rain. It creates more the difference between light rain(small drops) and tropical, Noah style, apocalyptic, end of all days flood ^^

🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Wow! The map is actually wet as well as the character! Esf always amazes me

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
concering a beta, there was a better burter shot but couldnt find it

Best answers
They can't release beta because game is unplayable, uncomplete characters, animations... They need another 10 years to complete one more character or map:laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom