How's the mod progress going?

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I've completely lost count months/years passed since I last checked in here. Is this mod still on the road to never being finished? I've told a lot of my friends about this mod a long time ago and recently, on skype, they asked me if it got released yet. I decided to check in today, got all excited, clicked on "Download" and saw the timeframe... What the heck are you guys still doing? Have you been seriously "polishing it" for the past few years?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel like this is less of an actual question and more of a rhetorical question with a complaint. Depending on how you want to view it, yes the mod is still "on the road to never being finished." The team is still developing the mod, I really doubt anything except certain models, maps, and effects are in the polishing stage. The biggest thing that people keep ignoring is that the team isn't being paid for this, and expecting them to finish something in a timeframe (unless announced by them) is silly. This is essentially an unpaid side job, and they have real life obligations to attend to. I don't really know what to tell you if you're frustrated or upset about that.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well I think the root issue here is that he, and the majority of people who have heard of this mod from earshot probably don't understand the state of progress that the game is currently in. This.. is almost entirely the teams fault, but they have chosen to deal with it, by letting speculation arise. Through the by-weekly photo and video releases. Which still leave room for much speculation.

However, no one seems to really even bother to deal with figuring it out for themselves; so threads like this are made. And given the way that cogs tick these days, I'd say that most won't realize that the closest thing to a solid answer is 1.2.3. And has been left at that until the final version is (suddenly) released.

Last edited:
Best answers
Well I think the root issue here is that he, and the majority of people who have heard of this mod from earshot probably don't understand the state of progress that the game is currently in. This.. is almost entirely the teams fault, but they have chosen to deal with it, by letting speculation arise. Through the by-weekly photo and video releases. Which still leave room for much speculation.

However, no one seems to really even bother to deal with figuring it out for themselves; so threads like this are made. And given the way that cogs tick these days, I'd say that most won't realize that the closest thing to a solid answer is 1.2.3. And has been left at that until the final version is (suddenly) released.
So you are saying that the tean should stop showing the progress of the game due to some *******s complaining about releasing the game?
They will never do that because the have REAL fans :p

crazy love "ESF" player
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
after few mouth or few year will released
because game do not finish and this is "final"

Best answers
People who don't know the history of the development team and this game should just refrain from posting/questioning about ETAs. You joined in 2009 when things changed. Be grateful that they're even working on it, still.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
So you are saying that the tean should stop showing the progress of the game due to some *******s complaining about releasing the game?
They will never do that because the have REAL fans :p
Now your just putting words in my mouth. I said the team has decided to show progress with the by-weekly picture, and rare video, and to anyone who is newly introduced to the mod, probably won't understand the relation of progress and those. But we who have been here.. the 'REAL fans' as you say it, have come to take it as it is.

The team has left informing newcomers to their moderators N PR guy well as the active community. It's not ideal, but it's what we have. That is all I was saying.

Best answers
Now your just putting words in my mouth. I said the team has decided to show progress with the by-weekly picture, and rare video, and to anyone who is newly introduced to the mod, probably won't understand the relation of progress and those. But we who have been here.. the 'REAL fans' as you say it, have come to take it as it is.

The team has left informing newcomers to their moderators N PR guy well as the active community. It's not ideal, but it's what we have. That is all I was saying.
I see what you mean. But what is the "ideal" way to do it according to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom