Android 17

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're lucky that being retarded is not against the rules.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And you are breaking the rules. You should be banned now. If I don't see this happen and you're still here, then I won't be coming back until you get banned. So therefore, you should be gone for good because you're being immoral and starting to irritate the new welcomers on this forum and I mean the ones who aren't signed up. They want you out.

Rule broke:
Respect

Oh. HleV. If you don't want someone like me labelling you as a troll, than I think you should give up this stupid act because nobody else on this forum is going to put up with it.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should be banned now. If I don't see this happen and you're still here, then I won't be coming back until you get banned.
Let's see if you can keep your word.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What was he banned for?
I didn't see him posting anything against the rules.

So it's like, you are helping the game by creating a nice model they could use and then SUDDENLY you get banned. How fair is that?
The forum and mod development are separate. Zeroc's access to the forum doesn't hinder his ability to model.

Agree, it wasn't even fair for Zeroc to be banned. But yes... He should not be trolling.
Fair or not he broke the rules, Don't talk about things you don't know about

And for this this hleV guy, he's lucky that he never gets banned for trolling. The admin let's him stay because he's a "forum comedian" of lame mama jokes including inappropriate jokes that is part of a human body... How funny is that?

I did reported him once or a few times. Then I receive a message from the moderator saying he is not trolling but he's joking around. But for what for? He's not even that funny. Not even Jerry Seinfeld will appreciate his stupid lame ass jokes. He'll just tell him to get off the stage because he's not that funny.

No wonder why this forum is so corrupted the first time I've came here. I thought everything is cool, but things turns into a huge mess every time I sign in, and its not only me who causes it. I seen this happen BEFORE I signed up onto this forum.... Its stupid and unbelievable.
hleV's humour obviously doesn't match up with your own. Either learn to take a joke or use the ignore function

You're lucky that being retarded is not against the rules.
That is too far hleV

And you are breaking the rules. You should be banned now. If I don't see this happen and you're still here, then I won't be coming back until you get banned. So therefore, you should be gone for good because you're being immoral and starting to irritate the new welcomers on this forum and I mean the ones who aren't signed up. They want you out.

Rule broke:
Respect

Oh. HleV. If you don't want someone like me labelling you as a troll, than I think you should give up this stupid act because nobody else on this forum is going to put up with it.
You aren't a moderator and you need to stop acting like you are. While we're on the subject there are a lot of steps before a ban and most bans are temporary so if you insist on leaving until hleV is perma-banned (Which I highly doubt you will do and this is just a form of attention seeking) it's going to be a very long time because hleV has to do ALOT wrong before he gets that far

Now back to the actual topic at hand

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The forum and mod development are separate. Zeroc's access to the forum doesn't hinder his ability to model.
It does however hinder the feedback he was obviously relying on to make progress at almost every step. For shame Deverz.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It does however hinder the feedback he was obviously relying on to make progress at almost every step. For shame Deverz.
He can see the posts if he logs out.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That's so correct, sir, yet many artists forget that.

And about diffuse to normal conversion: I don't think that rendering normal map from diffuse map is a good approach. At least I didn't find it good for characters. Props - perhaps. Well as long as it works.
Well. Not really into history of game development but "maybe" that was good before but now with excellent softwares around to make normals i dont even know why would someone come to idea to generate it from diffuse :)

My way of doing is using xnormal to generate whatever map i want from high poly to low poly. Then i open nDo (i cant belive how good this one is - make changes on normal and see changes instantly on a model) and detail my normal map how i want it and then open dDo (buy u suite to get both nDo and dDo) and make my textures/maps look like im a professional. There!

Both nDo and dDo are plugins for PhotoShop

Tutorials:

nDo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHa-h2S-NNY
dDo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hncqbwkGbM4
xnormal - well you just load in and click to generate :)

Last edited:
Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Normals from diffuse was,is and will never a good idea :D You either create them by highpoly-lowpoly difference(modern way) or by converting from a heightmap. Technically a normalmap is the derivation of a heightmap(or in ancient times also called bumpmap), since it "stores" the change of a heightfield at each texel.

Best answers
The first one looks WAAAAY MUCH BETTER than the second one imho.
Really.
Don't scare me with "Lets say, this is the final ramp map"

Or I'm just too stupid and missed the point
Probably I am
I think you missed the point, I was just asking how to bake a ramp map.

since zeroc got banned he might be jilted about finishing and/or "handing over" the model. I think with only a bit more refinement the model would be good to go, will his ban be lifted soon?

He could at least pass the model to someone else for finishing refinement, as apparently he's not able (or willing to) to do it himself.
Hmm....? I get banned, and the only thing you think about is the model? Such loyal friends I have...

Well for anyone who read this, just came into my mind, diffuse and normalmap don't need to "match". A diffusemap shouldn't even contain any sort of shadin caused from light.

That's so correct, sir, yet many artists forget that.

And about diffuse to normal conversion: I don't think that rendering normal map from diffuse map is a good approach. At least I didn't find it good for characters. Props - perhaps. Well as long as it works.
Sigh... I know that a deffuse map shouldnt have any shadows. That is what I did on the andriod 16 model, and it didn't turn out to be good at all, I'm not good at that. And besides, it's way too late to go back and remake all the textures

What was he banned for?
I didn't see him posting anything against the rules.

So it's like, you are helping the game by creating a nice model they could use and then SUDDENLY you get banned. How fair is that?
Since Sky also said I should be banned, then I guess it was the right thing to do...
Perhaps they were deleted? According to Deverz, due to trolling Zeroc has received his 3rd warning/infraction which supposedly means a 1 week ban.
No, my posts weren't deleted, can you find what was wrong with anything I posted? (Hint: No!)

Well. Not really into history of game development but "maybe" that was good before but now with excellent softwares around to make normals i dont even know why would someone come to idea to generate it from diffuse :)

My way of doing is using xnormal to generate whatever map i want from high poly to low poly. Then i open nDo (i cant belive how good this one is - make changes on normal and see changes instantly on a model) and detail my normal map how i want it and then open dDo (buy u suite to get both nDo and dDo) and make my textures/maps look like im a professional. There!

Both nDo and dDo are plugins for PhotoShop

Tutorials:

nDo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHa-h2S-NNY
dDo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hncqbwkGbM4
xnormal - well you just load in and click to generate :)
I seriously don't have the motivation to learn anything new!
Normals from diffuse was,is and will never a good idea :D You either create them by highpoly-lowpoly difference(modern way) or by converting from a heightmap. Technically a normalmap is the derivation of a heightmap(or in ancient times also called bumpmap), since it "stores" the change of a heightfield at each texel.
As I said before, it's a bit too late now.
And no, I didn't work on the model at all, I've had many tests lately and couldn't find the time to do anything.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know you were talking about the model in your post as well, but I'm going to ask everybody to no longer talk about the ban. What happened already happened, and if you have any complaints please talk to one of the mods.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, my posts weren't deleted, can you find what was wrong with anything I posted? (Hint: No!)
Deverz told me that you got banned for doing a bad job with #17 model.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Zeroc sry, i kinda abused this thread to help you and other for future model projects^^(the normalmap baking thing) Oh and about that rampmap...no modeller needs to do them by themself unless they want some form of special lighting and then, in the case of ESF, i would give them a teamviewer introduction on what the rampmaps do, how they are made and so on.

Best answers
Zeroc sry, i kinda abused this thread to help you and other for future model projects^^(the normalmap baking thing) Oh and about that rampmap...no modeller needs to do them by themself unless they want some form of special lighting and then, in the case of ESF, i would give them a teamviewer introduction on what the rampmaps do, how they are made and so on.
What got me confused is that Masta told me to make a ramp map even though he had no idea what it was.
And about the normal map. I have an idea that would require to start all the way from the beginning to accomplish, and I'm not sure if it would even work :p

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correction: Yes

You had your chance to argue your innocence and failed so you need to drop it now

Best answers
Umm... Ryokeen, do you think I should sculpt on the model and make a normalmap from there?

Last edited:
Best answers
Do you guys maybe remember this here?

I made this and got blamed by that awesome PR guy "deverz" <--best choice ever guys!.....
After fighting my way throw to someone who finally KNOWS what he is talking about i got really some other feedback.
MEANS deverz shall be the guy we shall talk to when we wanna help....but he doesnt know anything! he was a freaking beta tester!
the rest of the team here gives a ****! Deverz told me that nobody needs my stuff etc....well one of the mapper here thought otherwise! he wanted my model!
But thx to that nice guy i didnt want to give the permission anymore. and guess what! The team gave a shit! like always! we never gonna have this game!
and its a fricking waste of everyones time even to think to help this here!

and yes! deverz thinks he is the best here! he deletes posts like he wants and bans who he wants.
why we have to deal with such a ......?????

we want to help finish esf..........
we get no instructions........
no really help.......
no base to test anything.......
and even if we try to do something without these facts......you get your work blamed by some little child who trys to compensate something here.
@Zeroc Corez: One Question! because you are helping the team right now...........what was their feedback? did they say that they atleast still need a A17?
or........did they show u a ingame shot of your model? for maybe fixing something on the skin?
what did they do? tell us! i bet nothing!

I BET THIS GETS deleted aswell here!
so often i saw my posts and other posts simply deleted like they never existed!
why you dont keep the proofs? or simply let the real developer decide what is wrong or not????

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you guys maybe remember this here?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/BANDIT228/Unbenannt_zps872c9601.png

I made this and got blamed by that awesome PR guy "deverz" <--best choice ever guys!.....
After fighting my way throw to someone who finally KNOWS what he is talking about i got really some other feedback.
MEANS deverz shall be the guy we shall talk to when we wanna help....but he doesnt know anything! he was a freaking beta tester!
the rest of the team here gives a ****! Deverz told me that nobody needs my stuff etc....well one of the mapper here thought otherwise! he wanted my model!
But thx to that nice guy i didnt want to give the permission anymore. and guess what! The team gave a shit! like always! we never gonna have this game!
and its a fricking waste of everyones time even to think to help this here!

and yes! deverz thinks he is the best here! he deletes posts like he wants and bans who he wants.
why we have to deal with such a ......?????

we want to help finish esf..........
we get no instructions........
no really help.......
no base to test anything.......
and even if we try to do something without these facts......you get your work blamed by some little child who trys to compensate something here.

I BET THIS GETS deleted aswell here!
so often i saw my posts and other posts simply deleted like they never existed!
why you dont keep the proofs? or simply let the real developer decide what is wrong or not????
You've obviously forgotten what actually happened

You presented your model which you were told was good, you were then asked to skin it yourself because others didn't have time for it

You refused and got angry about it

You and I argued for a bit and you ended up getting banned from the thread in question to keep the peace

Nobody refused your work, it was just refused in its current state. People who are calm and willing to help and listen go far. Those who are angry and agressive don't

I never said nobody needs it, I never delete any posts and I only ban those who need it

Best answers
that is not fully true!

i got told from you and greenberet that without a skin my model would be useless.

i didnt refuse! i tryed but i suck at skinning.

i maybe got a bit mad but if you get NO response from some real developer here......you get mad if you wanna help without any "useable" feedback

the problem is:
if you wanna help the team with models or maps........you need some guy to talk to wich is a mapper or a modeller........
that never happened! its no use to simply talk to a PR guy or someone.

After that a mapper of esf wrote me(layne) he said he would have perfect use of it even without skin. if you believe it or not....it took some time to make this model like this! to capture all the pics and details from the episode and fix it everytime to match the original.

so why no modeller or mapper shows up here?

and dude.....i often made posts and saw other posts which disappeared all of the sudden......and guess who posted after that....mostly you.
That also happened by then......i reported that to raven and layne even with screenshot proves.....but you see how they care.

i dont mean it rude that you dont fit in that position but you simply dont!
we need a mapper to talk to......when we wanna help make maps.....
we need a modeller to talk to.........

even unfinished stuff can help a lot! that is a fact

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that is not fully true!

i got told from you and greenberet that without a skin my model would be useless.

i didnt refuse! i tryed but i suck at skinning.

i maybe got a bit mad but if you get NO response from some real developer here......you get mad if you wanna help without any "useable" feedback

the problem is:
if you wanna help the team with models or maps........you need some guy to talk to wich is a mapper or a modeller........
that never happened! its no use to simply talk to a PR guy or someone.

After that a mapper of esf wrote me(layne) he said he would have perfect use of it even without skin. if you believe it or not....it took some time to make this model like this! to capture all the pics and details from the episode and fix it everytime to match the original.

so why no modeller or mapper shows up here?

and dude.....i often made posts and saw other posts which disappeared all of the sudden......and guess who posted after that....mostly you.
That also happened by then......i reported that to raven and layne even with screenshot proves.....but you see how they care.

i dont mean it rude that you dont fit in that position but you simply dont!
we need a mapper to talk to......when we wanna help make maps.....
we need a modeller to talk to.........

even unfinished stuff can help a lot! that is a fact
The information I was given was that it was completely unwanted in its unfinished form, I had no idea Layne wanted it even as an unskinned model

With that information I apologise for telling you it wasn't wanted at all

I'm sure you've been told a couple of times you can get help on TS. Raven, Ryo and Masta are normally around to help. Occasionally you'll find Layne.

I'm sure RobiZ and TDM would help if you asked.

But like you were told it's hard for others to skin your work as they are time poor. Maybe you could negotiate somebody to finish it off if you do some basic skinning, just get them to fill the detail?

I can't explain why your posts went missing but it had nothing to do with me. Skyrider is the best person to ask in that situation

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom