why do you like dragobaball z?

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Why do you like Dragon ball z? why is it your favorite anime? If not. Can you explain why?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont really like it that much.

Its not.

Cause the character development is non existent, plotholes are everywhere and the plot itself drags on like watching a snail run a marathon, despite it using the same formula over and over and over. Overall its not really that good compared to other stuff out there.

Discord Member
Best answers
Answer 1: Cuz it's all about ****in shit up

Answer 2: cuz it's all about ****in shit up

Answer 3: you're crazy

Why did u just read this?
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
1.Because it's awesome
2.It's not....yeah maybe it is....Idk
3.No need to awsner :)

Last edited:
Best answers
not sure how to answer this, i like it but the story is so dam slow. Makes you want to pull your hairs

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
DBZ is the anime I rewatched the most... Soooo I guess one would say it IS my favourite. But it's not. Strange, right?
The SSJ concept is just the best. But the story itself isn't that great. Also the powerlevel logic is often unreasonable.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The anime is shit compared to the manga.

With that out of the way, I'd say DB is not your usual shonen series. While the plot is pretty simple, there isn't stuff like "friendship power", "I can't lose so I randomly get 9000 times stronger", "I'm the next villain so I must be stronger than everyone up until now" and if there is, it has an actual explanation and isn't random at all (most of the time, anyway). While Dragon World is fictional, it somewhat makes sense within its own universe and you can hardly point to a thing in DB and say "hey, that's not how shit works!". (Note that I only considered the manga while writing this.)

Is DBZ my favorite anime? No. Fillers, inconsistent art, altered dialoges, incorrect colors and designs, they all ruin the true DB experience that Akira Toriyama presented in the manga (preferably Kanzenban, aka Perfect Edition version). I'm not even talking about what FUNimation dub has done to it.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I think I like DBZ mostly because of the fighting style. I've never seen another show with fights at the same magnitude of DBZ. There's also the characters, there are many cool characters in DBZ.

But I think I like DBZ so much because it was my childhood show, I used to watch it on the TV everyday at 5pm after doing my homework (that's a lie, I never did my homework).
And besides, I'm proud to know spanish because DBZ has the most awesome spanish dub, better than any other language. So the spanish dub made DBZ more awesome than it is for me :p

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Dragonball Z was my gateway anime. It was because of Dragonball Z that I found ESF.
It was then because of ESF that I discovered many different animes that I now love.
I was more in tune with it when it was being released. But I still watch an episode now and then.
Battle of the Gods was pretty good too.

Best answers
when you hear strange sound in the night you know
1. Now I mostly like DB because of sentiments... It was action packed fantastic fun to watch, I guess the ideals in the series are great and universal, the story is of epic proportions. It's also rare motive in anime or any super-powers theme, that heroes actually train and work extremely hard for the power they gain, it did push many people towards martial arts.
In reality human body peaks just after few years of training but in DB it's limitless so it's most fantastic super power you can imagine.
Imho DB (and early dbz) manga was the best, light fantastic humor and martial arts theme, it's going to survive test of time it's a classic.

2. Well I like strong and mature anime... It's not rly possible to name best one... I like many of them for different things. I'd call Be-Bop and Darker than Black as my two top tiers... but there are more. The one that made me laugh the most would definitely be the korewa zombi?. Space Dandy definitely stands out in the art department... and also in form. Out of the shonens I very much liked Soul Eater, it well told and actually interesting bit deeper dark story better than usual. Also Ao no Exorcist.

3. Now you ask for anime and DBZ clearly it's not the best anime, kai version saves it a bit though cutting stupid fillers, it's still pretty repetitive, but the fights man!.

Last edited:
The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
"I'm the next villain so I must be stronger than everyone up until now"
DBZ has that. Sucks but true.
If you want me to make a huge-sized arguement, I'll do it ;)

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ has that. Sucks but true.
If you want me to make a huge-sized arguement, I'll do it ;)
Again, "not without an explanation". In early DB, Goku was progressing as a fighter so it's only natural that he would be pitted against stronger and stronger foes until he becomes the strongest on Earth. Then of course he's pitted against the strongest universe-level beings. Then we get weakling androids, strong androids, weak android which needs to absorb shit to become strong. Lastly we get a magical being which isn't stronger than the main character (at his highest transformation) and has to resort on absorbing, transforming, magical stuff. In the end the fight is against a not-in-his-most-powerful-form villain which the main character from the beginning of the arc is on par with. It's not like a new villain appears and he's randomly stronger than previous one. It always makes sense in-universe.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually thats exactly what its like.

The Buu arc totally throws the Cell arc out of whack. Even in Trunks future timeline, Babidi would still have landed and Dabura would have made short work of the androids or more probably once discovered Babidi would take them under his control. Buu would be reborn and by the time the Trunks grew up the planet would no longer be there.

For me DBZ died with Namek. After that it was just one plothole after another.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
You can't look at DBZ with the same analytic eyes you see other TV shows like Naruto, I don't think DBZ was made for that kind of audience.
DBZ was made long ago and it was made simply to entertain with massive battles. Criticizing DBZ because of it's plotholes is not the best way to go here imo.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't look at DBZ with the same analytic eyes you see other TV shows like Naruto, I don't think DBZ was made for that kind of audience.
DBZ was made long ago and it was made simply to entertain with massive battles. Criticizing DBZ because of it's plotholes is not the best way to go here imo.
Thats exactly why we can look at it like that. The old shows were all heavy on story and character development. Just look at something like Fist of the North star, or other shows from those days.

DBZ was a blast because of an upgrade in animation quality compared to other shows. It wasnt as choppy as the others were Anime whise. Other than that it appealed to the action orientated audience like many others.

Discord Member
Best answers
Actually thats exactly what its like.

The Buu arc totally throws the Cell arc out of whack. Even in Trunks future timeline, Babidi would still have landed and Dabura would have made short work of the androids or more probably once discovered Babidi would take them under his control. Buu would be reborn and by the time the Trunks grew up the planet would no longer be there.

For me DBZ died with Namek. After that it was just one plothole after another.
hmmm, there is one thing you are forgetting. Androids are not human, they have no Ki for Babidi to locate them or absorb any energy from them. The Androids would've gotten rid of all the strongest people on Earth, while Gohan and Trunks are doing their utmost to hide their ki, babidi would've seen Earth as a practical void. There would be no where near enough energy for him to harness to make it worth his time. He would either come to Earth, see that it is in ruins with no energy of value and move on, or just plain not even stop on Earth. mo****er was travelin across galaxies ... would he really make an effort for Earth when it is in ruins from the Androids?

Also, being Androids, Babidi wouldn't be able to put them under his control, they have no emotions or feelings for Babidi to manipulate and take advantage of.

There are so many other plot holes which are more profound (anything with time-travel generally causes this), but i don't see what you wrote as being one.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
hmmm, there is one thing you are forgetting. Androids are not human, they have no Ki for Babidi to locate them or absorb any energy from them. The Androids would've gotten rid of all the strongest people on Earth, while Gohan and Trunks are doing their utmost to hide their ki, babidi would've seen Earth as a practical void. There would be no where near enough energy for him to harness to make it worth his time. He would either come to Earth, see that it is in ruins with no energy of value and move on, or just plain not even stop on Earth. mo****er was travelin across galaxies ... would he really make an effort for Earth when it is in ruins from the Androids?

Also, being Androids, Babidi wouldn't be able to put them under his control, they have no emotions or feelings for Babidi to manipulate and take advantage of.

There are so many other plot holes which are more profound (anything with time-travel generally causes this), but i don't see what you wrote as being one.
True, but just one thing. Androids do have emotions and feelings, remember that #17 and #18 are half humans and that's why #18 was able to bear a child.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wrote it as the big one because its the most obvious one.

And no not everything with time travel leaves a plothole. The plothole here was left because of a forced continuation of the story, so it was just an oversight on Toriyamas part as he practically forced the story to continue. Even setting 17 and 18 aside, you still have Cell. The one android thats a bilogical creation. Besides even officially Babidi never though of encountering Goku and the others. His idea was for Yamu and Spopovich to pretty much gather the energy from who ever they came across. Going to the martial arts tournament was their idea seeing how he was surprised the brought him that much energy with no information on the location.

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Aside from plotholes, look at the power logic.

Vegeta could destroy entire planets with his old ~15k PL
If frieza had 1 million without using his real form, it means ssj was something close to 3mil.
Then look at how easily the frieza is defeated by trunks. Yet goku had no trouble sparring him. Hard to analyse, but i'd give that... 5 mil. PL at least.

5000000/15000 =~ 333.

Dear scientist, have fun building a robot that would withstand that much more force than an ENTIRE FU**ING PLANET before collapsing.
Acually even more, judging by how easily androids knock Z-team around. (In their arc)

P.S. Universal spirit bomb should have destroyed all dem Kaio neighborhood. Lol. The only defensive arguement could be "It only hurts evil ones".

Last edited:
YEA
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Because this game have the most technique!:devgrin:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom